CAA Olympic Games!

Talk about anything in here.

CAA Olympic Games!

Postby CephasWhite » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:06 am

Now before I go on, the reason I posted this here is that not many people look at the Roleplay section. I want EVERYONE to see this in the General Section. I hope Mods/Admins don't mind for now.

I've got a great idea! How about the CAA Olympic Games! Everyone can join including the mods/admins.

Contestants participate in the event given and wait for the others who are not participating to vote for who to win. They PM the judges, mainly the Mods/Admins, and the Head Judge gives the final tally averaged out by the number of votes to the Poster. The votes are made as to who they want in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc.

The Poster posts the event in a story-like fashion.

Basically this is the idea:

- Events (swimming, water polo, running, wrestling, rowing etc.)

- Contestants (Anyone can join, even the Mods/Admins)

- To Win (A number of votes is given by the audience. They will be tallied up and Private Messaged to the judges)

- Audience (members who are not participating in the event Private Message their vote to the judges who they would like to win)

- Judges (Normally the Mods/Admins. He/she also has the choice of being the participant of the games rather then being a judge)

- Head Judge (Voted by the Judges. He/she tallies up the average votes given by the Judges below him/her. The Head Judge gives the tallied votes to the Poster)

- Poster (Selected member not participating in the event has the option of posting the event due to the results. A time limit is given say about a week to write up the events progress leading up to the winner. He/she can be as serious or silly as they want. REMEMBER though that the winner MUST be what the voters have decided)

- RULES:

- The amount of contestants competing in the event must be a reasonable number (ex. 10 runners in one session in one event. In that case, there must be TWO sessions: The first with 8 runners, the second session with 2)

- The contestants must accept the outcome of the events leading to the finals. If you're out your OUT!

- These are only the preliminaries and the contestants that come in 1st through 8th in the events will be qualified to the semi-finals.

- Audience, BE FAIR WITH VOTING!! A person who wins 30 times in a row doesn't seem fair to the others who wish to have a shot at the podium and only get in 10th place every time! In other words, NO FAVORITISM!!!

- The judges must have a Head Judge chosen ASAP.

- Judges must receive the audience votes via PM within 24 hours. The number of votes will be averaged and tallied to who will come in 1st, 2nd, 3rd and so on.

- Head Judge must have the tallied votes given to the Poster within 2 days once he/she has received the final tally of votes.

- The Poster can write in a story-like fashion, short version or long version, silly or serious as they want.

- Poster has the option whether or not to post the event and write everything leading up to the winner.

- Poster MUST have something posted up within 2 to 7 days prior to the Head Judges PM of the votes tallied. If not, another Poster will be chosen. If need be, post a message regarding the delay. That way we know without wondering what happened.

I hope this will be of interest. I would love to try this out, along with others. If the Mods/Admins want, maybe they could provide some kind of Award for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd contestants who win in the finals?

AND whoever has the most metals gets something else too?

I would love to hear what you guys have to say.
Two Steps From Hell - Tristan <--(click)
†††††††††††††
We have been here long enough to know
That we are all brothers and sisters in Christ,
So if you are in need of help,
We shall give you His advice.

May God add his blessings upon you,
That you will live this day and forever,
And when He comes to the earth again,
We will all go together...

Into Heaven for Eternity...

[SIZE="5"][color="Green"]M[/color][color="Red"]E[/color][color="Green"]R[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]Y[/color] [color="Red"]C[/color][color="Green"]H[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]I[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]T[/color][color="Red"]M[/color][color="Green"]A[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]![/color][color="Red"]![/color][color="Green"]![/color][/SIZE]
CephasWhite

Postby Sheenar » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:50 am

Sounds cool, but exactly how will we compete? Do members just vote for who they want to win? Or do the competitors do something?
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby CephasWhite » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:09 pm

Well, basically the voters vote for who they would like to win. The competitors could give their stats and see if they can please the others into voting for them.

Hope that makes sense.
Two Steps From Hell - Tristan <--(click)
†††††††††††††
We have been here long enough to know
That we are all brothers and sisters in Christ,
So if you are in need of help,
We shall give you His advice.

May God add his blessings upon you,
That you will live this day and forever,
And when He comes to the earth again,
We will all go together...

Into Heaven for Eternity...

[SIZE="5"][color="Green"]M[/color][color="Red"]E[/color][color="Green"]R[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]Y[/color] [color="Red"]C[/color][color="Green"]H[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]I[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]T[/color][color="Red"]M[/color][color="Green"]A[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]![/color][color="Red"]![/color][color="Green"]![/color][/SIZE]
CephasWhite

Return to General