Real friends

Talk about anything in here.

Real friends

Postby THE ICE ANGEL » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:44 am

[SIZE="5"][color="Yellow"]Hi!
Well, everybody has friends I guess. And we all have fun with our friends.
But do you think your friends are REAL friends? I mean come on.... It's not an accomplishment to make a thousand friends in a year. The real accomplishment is to make even one friend but for a thousand years.[/color]
[/SIZE]
THE ICE ANGEL

Postby Rev. Doc » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:12 am

Well, to quote Michael W. Smith, friends are friends forever, if the Lord's the Lord of them.
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby LadyRushia » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:44 am

As someone who's been ditched by close friends in the past, I still find it amazing that I can trust the friends I have now. I know that if I didn't have God, I would still be bitter about a lot of things.

That being said, I'm not sure what you mean by making this thread. Are you saying quality is far better than quantity or that we should question our friends' motivations? The former I agree with, but the latter has tripped me up too much in the past and I've learned that thinking about it is a waste of energy.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:46 am

I don't call my true friends friends. I call them family.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby ADXC » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:29 am

Friends? What are those?

The only friends I have is my family.
ADXC

Postby FukuokaGirl » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:01 am

I have like a freaking commune. haha
Yeah, they're real friends.
They're family. They've seen me at my worst (emotionally and quite literally as well) and I've seen them at their worst. There is no awkwardness between us all.
We are always together... at each other's houses, borrowing each other's stuff (usually without asking) and in each other's business (for better and for worse).
Like I said... a commune. haha

But online friends can be real friends too ne? *waves to everyone*
"They do exist, the places you can live renewed." -Nobuta wo Produce
[align=left]ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

[align=center]思い出せば遙か遙か 未来はどこまでも輝いてた きれいな青空の下で 僕らは少しだけ怯えていた

[/align]
[/align]
[size=75]

[/SIZE]
FukuokaGirl

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:09 am

FukuokaGirl (post: 1252863) wrote:I have like a freaking commune. haha
Yeah, they're real friends.
They're family. They've seen me at my worst (emotionally and quite literally as well) and I've seen them at their worst. There is no awkwardness between us all.
We are always together... at each other's houses, borrowing each other's stuff (usually without asking) and in each other's business (for better and for worse).
Like I said... a commune. haha

But online friends can be real friends too ne? *waves to everyone*

What I've got right now is definitely bordering on commune. I live with my best friend and her husband with a constantly rotating cast of other friends coming in and out the door. Additionally, more friends in the same complex as us.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby PrincessZelda » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:11 am

I believe I have true friends. But, I think it's only because I'm part of a youth group that seriously on fire for God. When I started going to this youth group, there were 20 of us, and now there's around 75, and we're still growing. And even though there's so many of us, we all love each other, we're all really close, and we're all really supportive of each other. I think I'm truly blessed to be a part of the group I'm in. :)
"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."

PrincessZelda

Postby ChristianKitsune » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:38 am

Right now I'm at the point in my life where I've said goodbye to several of my friends from HS. I still visit with them from time to time, and I WANT to be there with them...but things have changed between us. And being with them is kind of awkward now.

When I do see them I still talk about things with them, although I'm a bit more...reserved in the things I say...

I still have one friend from HS that I still talk to. We are VERY different people though, and though I talk with him about a lot of things, I know there are things that he probably will never understand XD.

For the moment, however I'm almost desperate to find fellow Christian friends. Seriously. College is all about making friends and meeting new people. I'm searching as hard as I can for those who I can call "family" in a very real sense.

It's cool that I have you guys here on CAA to turn too for spiritual growth and encouragement...but I need more real life interaction I suppose XD...

so yeah... Friends? The only friend I REALLY trust is Jesus. The rest of my friends, are a bit superficial at the moment. I love them...but I know that someday our relationships are going to end.

And I'm not entirely okay with that... ._. I almost need people to survive ^^; I guess I could be called "co-dependent" or something...is that a BAD thing? To want to rely on others?
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby LadyRushia » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:43 am

[quote="ChristianKitsune"]And I'm not entirely okay with that... ._. I almost need people to survive ^^]
Not exactly. We're meant to be in community with one another after all.
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby PrincessZelda » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:51 am

Yeah, that's not a bad thing at all. We weren't meant to be alone, we're meant to be part of a community.
"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."

PrincessZelda

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:53 pm

Etoh*the*Greato (post: 1252826) wrote:I don't call my true friends friends. I call them family.

Quoted for truth! Glad I'm not the only one who does this. I'm also a big fan of the concept of "nakama," even if it sounds dorky to say it.

Also, to the original poster: 1) That yellow is rather hard on the eyes. It would be much appreciated to use a more standard font size and darker color. Thanks! ^_^

2) You might want to think about your wording; it comes across as a little aggressive - almost accusatory, especially since you don't know anything (or very, very little) about the relationships held by the membership of this board. Just a thought . . . I love the topic of true, close friendship, though, and I'm very glad you brought it up.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby Tsukuyomi » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:55 pm

I'd like to think my friends were true friends ^^ I love them all to pieces <33
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby GeneD » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:03 pm

Lots of yellow...really...big...yellow. XD The opening post sounds sort of like an advertisement.

Well, everybody has friends I guess. And we all have fun with our friends.
But do you think your friends are REAL friends? I mean come on.... It's not an accomplishment to make a thousand friends in a year. The real accomplishment is to make even one friend but for a thousand years.

[SIZE="5"]So don't delay, go to http://www.christiananime.net NOW and order your very own life-long, anime-loving FRIEND! AND if you order within the NEXT 5 MINUTES we'll throw in an authentic Pokemon plushie of your choice! To keep you company when your FRIEND has to do those annoying little "essential" things like sleeping and GOING TO THE LOO![/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]Conditions apply. CAA cannot be held responsible for any losses, injury or death cause by FRIEND. FRIEND should not be used with any other "friend" model from sources other than CAA, doing so might lead to the above things CAA cannot be held responsible for. FRIEND cannot be used in the chat. Batteries not included.[/SIZE]
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:09 pm

[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby LadyRushia » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:10 pm

Yes. Yes. YESSSSS!!
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:24 pm

Even Friend has a Friend!

Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Peanut » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:29 pm

Friend...Friend...One Two Three. All my Friends are here with me...ah if only meboeck was here to appreciate that. *Hopes meboeck will find this and laugh at it...*

Anyway, yeah, I consider my friends to be real friends mostly because if they were going to betray me they would have done it by now...or would they? *dun dun duh!!!!!!!!!*
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby ChristianKitsune » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:22 pm

GeneD (post: 1252917) wrote:ENTIRE POST

haha win... XD
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Arrancar » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:32 pm

I have some serious social anxiety, so it would be an accomplishment for me to even speak to a thousand people in a year. =P

As for friends, I don't have any outside of this little glowing box in front of me, but I believe deep friendships are very important in life. I just have trouble meeting people and making friends.
Arrancar

Postby Tsukuyomi » Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:40 pm

Lol, Gene, I love you XDD

Friend can float ~(O_O)~
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Return to General