Otakon 2008. Heck yeah.

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:41 am

Nate, that was taken on Saturday night when you and Fish were (or what we thought, at least) in line for the Phoenix Wright mock trial panel. I figured you guys would prefer to stay there so I didn't bother calling you guys. Sorry! ._.

On that note, I was very happy to meet so many new faces! Yuko, Doubleshadow, Ichi and Neko! I had a blast with you guys, even though I didn't get to see some of you guys very much. ^^;;
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby yukoxholic » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:27 pm

[quote="Mr. SmartyPants (post: 1252674)"]Nate, that was taken on Saturday night when you and Fish were (or what we thought, at least) in line for the Phoenix Wright mock trial panel. I figured you guys would prefer to stay there so I didn't bother calling you guys. Sorry! ._.

On that note, I was very happy to meet so many new faces! Yuko, Doubleshadow, Ichi and Neko! I had a blast with you guys, even though I didn't get to see some of you guys very much. ^^]

Yeah, it was really nice meeting everyone and to be able to put a face with the username. ^__^ I wish I could've hung out with you guys more! Everyone seemed very nice. There was a lot of panels/things I wanted to do which ran into what everyone else was doing. O__O;; but there is always next year! XD
yukoxholic

Postby Tsukuyomi » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:18 pm

Peanut (post: 1252617) wrote:The bad news is...I'm horrible with names...but I'll try, and if I miss anyone please, somebody...anybody correct me... thank you...

Back row (from left to right): Me, Nate

Middle row (left to right): Half of meboeck, *doesn't remeber individual's name/psuedonym...*, ClosetOtaku

Front Row (left to right): Fish, *yeah...remembers face but not name/psuedonym*, SpoonyBard, MSP, FukokaGirl

Hope that helps some and hopefully someone will fill in the blanks I've left...

No No, that helped alot ^ ^ Thanks, Peanut ^ ^

Is Fish.. a cowboy O.o?
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby NekoChan_C » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:15 am

okay, gotta make this quick, since I'm logging on at work... and my job kinda frowns on that... >_>...

I had SUCH a blast meeting everyone at Otakon!!! You guys were so much fun to talk to and I actually felt comfortable hanging with everyone... (I'm notoriously shy around strangers >_<) Dinner rocked and I wish that we had all had more time to chat and get to know each other! But here's hoping that next year... we can all hang out again and longer!!! ^_^
http://myspace.com/shura_no_hana
XBox Gamertag: NekoChan Cruz
PSN Gamer ID: Neko no Ichi
http://neko-chan-cruz.livejournal.com/
NekoChan_C

Postby FukuokaGirl » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:58 am

Tsukuyomi (post: 1252705) wrote:No No, that helped alot ^ ^ Thanks, Peanut ^ ^

Is Fish.. a cowboy O.o?

No no... that is definitely an Indiana Jones hat! :thumb:

I too loved getting to see everyone!
I felt very comfortable with everyone and we definitely had great times all together! It was exhausting but the most fun I'd had in a long time!
I definitely think we should all do it again soon! :cool:

In the meantime, it's taking me fooooorever to upload my pics. (haha I realized I took over 300 haha) I'll be posting links soon!
"They do exist, the places you can live renewed." -Nobuta wo Produce
[align=left]ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

[align=center]思い出せば遙か遙か 未来はどこまでも輝いてた きれいな青空の下で 僕らは少しだけ怯えていた

[/align]
[/align]
[size=75]

[/SIZE]
FukuokaGirl

Postby GeneD » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:33 pm

The pics are great and it sound like you guys had fun. Wish I could attend a "real" anime convention, not like the bite-size versions we have here.

NekoChan_C (post: 1252841) wrote:I'm notoriously shy around [SIZE="5"]strange[/SIZE]rs
Are you saying that CAA members are strange?!

Well I never! :P

That sorta just jumped out at me. *shrug*
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby Tsukuyomi » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:11 pm

CAA: Home Of The Stranger ~(O__O)~

I can't wait to see the pics, Jenn <33
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:34 pm

Nate (post: 1252652) wrote:Well I know why I'm not in it, at least, that photo was taken at night, meaning it was likely taken Friday night, which is the night where I was exhausted and left the con crazy early.

Also I had fun at Otakon. Even if I did have to stay in a sketchy motel and I had a manga get swiped from me.

I think Ichi, Neko and I have you beat for sketchy motels. The one we stayed at last year (about 9 miles out from the con if I remember correctly) was a dump (sorry, T. Cruz, but it was). I saw in the lobby once a woman was arguing with the manager, and the argument went something like this:

Customer: There's a dead rat in my room!
Manager: Well it's dead, isn't it?
Customer: Of course it's dead! I poked it with my finger to make sure!

I couldn't decide which was the bigger idiot.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Roy Mustang » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:41 pm

SpoonyBard wrote:Customer: There's a dead rat in my room!

It could have been resting?

*customer flops the dead rat on the manger's desk*

This rat is dead! Its no more!

:lol:

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby Tsukuyomi » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:45 pm

SpoonyBard (post: 1252925) wrote:I think Ichi, Neko and I have you beat for sketchy motels. The one we stayed at last year (about 9 miles out from the con if I remember correctly) was a dump (sorry, T. Cruz, but it was). I saw in the lobby once a woman was arguing with the manager, and the argument went something like this:

I wouod've laughed. then felt bad if it came back alive XD I mean, if it wasn't really dead XDD
Tsukuyomi

Postby FukuokaGirl » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:50 pm

bahaha

That story is truly amazing!
I lol'd.

I was quite content to sleep on an air mattress in Nathan's basement.
No rats. I consider myself very, very fortunate.

[/align]
[/align]
[size=75]

[/SIZE]
FukuokaGirl

Postby Tsukuyomi » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:08 pm

Who's Nathan o.o? Seems to be so many Nates 8D

Lol, right after I posted here about your pics.. I saw them in the pic thread ^^ I almost screamed, but I resisted ^ ^
Tsukuyomi

Postby Doubleshadow » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:13 pm

Roy Mustang (post: 1252928) wrote:It could have been resting?

*customer flops the dead rat on the manger's desk*

This rat is dead! Its no more!

This is an ex-rat!
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby FukuokaGirl » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:58 pm

Tsukuyomi (post: 1252936) wrote:Who's Nathan o.o? Seems to be so many Nates 8D

Lol, right after I posted here about your pics.. I saw them in the pic thread ^^ I almost screamed, but I resisted ^ ^

Ooooh.. yeah. Not Nate as in username Nate. mboeck -pretty sure I spelled this correctly. Emphasis on the "pretty" XD

Doubleshadow... I miss you already! ^_^ I went grocery shopping today and thought of you.
I love our v for vegan picture!!! (Though it's basically identical to a peace sign... but definitely, definitely different. haha) XD

[/align]
[/align]
[size=75]

[/SIZE]
FukuokaGirl

Postby IchiTone » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:20 am

I had a blast, guys. We definitely MUST do this again soon....thanks to everyone who made us feel welcome to the group! NekoChan and I were nervous at first, but it helped that we ran into MrSmartyPants at the airport and established a quick friendship before meeting with the entire group. ^_^

FukuokaGirl, your cosplay was awesome! We were really impressed, as well as with your comprehension of the Japanese language....wow! I can only aspire to be that good. >.<

And Spoony: Yeah, it was a pretty terrible motel, wasn't it? Cheaper than dirt, but you get what you pay for. ;_;
IchiTone

Postby FukuokaGirl » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:04 am

*blush blush*
Awwwwh thanks! Arigatou! XDDD
I am SO glad that I got a good chance to talk with you both! It was such a fun time!
Seriously, you are both awesome! I'm sorry I wasn't to come to the dinner... I was in line for autographs haha.
I definitely wanna go to Metrocon next year... so I'll definitely get another great chance to chit chat away with you both! ^____^

[/align]
[/align]
[size=75]

[/SIZE]
FukuokaGirl

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:48 am

You know, now that you mention it, I think some friends of mine actually found a dead mouse in their room this year O.o
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:35 pm

Blitzkrieg1701 (post: 1253189) wrote:You know, now that you mention it, I think some friends of mine actually found a dead mouse in their room this year O.o

Where were they staying?
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Tsukuyomi » Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:34 pm

Nathan=Peanut?

The world may never know ~(O_O)~
Tsukuyomi

Postby meboeck » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:58 pm

Nathan = meboeck = me.

Peanut = John
*insert poem, quote, or witty comment here*

"If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! -- [color=#cc3322]MOES."
[/color]
meboeck

Postby Doubleshadow » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:20 pm

FukuokaGirl (post: 1252962) wrote:Ooooh.. yeah. Not Nate as in username Nate. mboeck -pretty sure I spelled this correctly. Emphasis on the "pretty" XD

Doubleshadow... I miss you already! ^_^ I went grocery shopping today and thought of you.
I love our v for vegan picture!!! (Though it's basically identical to a peace sign... but definitely, definitely different. haha) XD

I wish we'd had more time to talk and trade recipes! XD I just tried hemp seed butter; so good! XS I have trouble eating non-vegan food now- the textures are off somehow... maybe it's purely psychological? XD I tried seitan jerky and hated the texture.

I found my missing volume of Ergo Proxy! T.T I'm so happy!

The Sundries
Doubleshadow

Postby NekoChan_C » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:32 pm

SpoonyBard (post: 1252925) wrote:I think Ichi, Neko and I have you beat for sketchy motels. The one we stayed at last year (about 9 miles out from the con if I remember correctly) was a dump (sorry, T. Cruz, but it was). I saw in the lobby once a woman was arguing with the manager, and the argument went something like this:

OMG, I can't believe I missed that conversation... that had to be the worst place ever... You almost expected a dude named Norman to be running it... O.o but... meh, it was cheap and we had a car, so... we dealt, right????

But next year... oh, glorious next year... we are in for one of better hotels! Yay!!

Fukuoka Girl, we were SO amazed at your Japanese and at your practicality in translation... truly awesome stuff... I'm right down the block in Tampa, so if you ever wanna meet up somewhere and have coffee... it'll be on me! This also extends to the boys at school up in Lakeland, too...we can all hang and have lunch, mebbe!

Doubleshadow... wow. You are amazingly intelligent. I felt awed in talking about your studies at school and was so glad that I got a chance to talk with you at dinner...

and GeneD:

GeneD (post: 1252906) wrote:Are you saying that CAA members are strange?!

Well I never! :P

That sorta just jumped out at me. *shrug*

LOL... not even by proxy... trust me... there was no one stranger than me there! :sweat:
NekoChan_C

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:02 pm

No fair! I wish I could meet some of you guys. ._. But Oklahoma's just too dang far from Baltimore.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Doubleshadow » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:10 am

NekoChan_C (post: 1253688) wrote:Doubleshadow... wow. You are amazingly intelligent. I felt awed in talking about your studies at school and was so glad that I got a chance to talk with you at dinner...

Aw, thank you! :blush: I was trying not to bore you to tears. XD Someone I know in the med. school told me and friend who is also in the grad. program we must be very smart. I said, "Or maybe we can talk a good game and there's nobody around who knows enough to call our bluff." XD I was surprised to read you consider yourself shy; you didn't strike me as shy at all. And you seem rather sharp yourself. :)

You also when the True Appearance/Avatar Look-Alike Award. XD

The Sundries
Doubleshadow

Postby NekoChan_C » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:28 pm

[quote="Doubleshadow (post: 1253862)"]Aw, thank you! :blush: I was trying not to bore you to tears. XD Someone I know in the med. school told me and friend who is also in the grad. program we must be very smart. I said, "Or maybe we can talk a good game and there's nobody around who knows enough to call our bluff." XD I was surprised to read you consider yourself shy]

LOL you think so? I am notoriously shy much of the time... but I can be bold when I really need to, I guess... :) I *used* to be kinda smart, back in school... but that was long, long ago... *sigh*

As for the avatar/true appearance... Yeah, I try! I picked that pic out a year or two ago because I liked the fact it was a red-headed cat girl, which... I am... sorta. LOL.
NekoChan_C

Previous

Return to General