Otakon 2008. Heck yeah.

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:37 pm

SpoonyBard (post: 1252180) wrote:Now Otakon is over, I wonder if we could use this thread to post a few of our favorite cosplay/"normal" pics of us that we took there?

Do it! I wanna see pictures and stuff! XDD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Tsukuyomi » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:52 pm

Did someone say Otakon pictures O.O

Yes yes, do it plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ^_^
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Bekalou » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:36 am

My friend went to Otakon! I haven't heard how it was, though. But she cosplayed Schoolgirl!C.C. from Code Geass.
Bekalou

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:10 am

Blitzkrieg1701 (post: 1251340) wrote:I guess it's wildly late to say that I'm going at this point, huh? :red:

Well, if you see Dr. Forrester from Mystery Science Theater 3000, Matt from Digimon 02, or Celesto from Dominic Deegan, say "Hi" 'cos that's probably me.

Oh snap, that was you!? Hang on a sec . . .

Here's me as Shonen Bat:

CAA group picture:

Me as Vincent from Silent Hill 3. Vincent gets teh wimmenz.
[IMG]http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk134/RosBef/silent%]
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby FukuokaGirl » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:47 pm

So Otakon has come to an end. But, it was AWESOME~~!~
Seriously I had so much fun getting to see everyone!!!
We had a really awesome group... and I took tons and tons of pictures. I'll be uploading them soon, and I'll link you all.
I'm simply exhausted now!!! haha
It was well worth it though!
"They do exist, the places you can live renewed." -Nobuta wo Produce
[align=left]ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

[align=center]思い出せば遙か遙か 未来はどこまでも輝いてた きれいな青空の下で 僕らは少しだけ怯えていた

[/align]
[/align]
[size=75]

[/SIZE]
FukuokaGirl

Postby yukoxholic » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:26 pm

Eeeeee! I'm still fan-girling over the concert O____O. I am trying to upload all of my footage and pictures. So, hopefully I'll have pics and such either up on my flickr or LJ for any CAA to view. :D
yukoxholic

Postby FukuokaGirl » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:53 pm

Yuko... seriously... it was the mostest, bestest part of the con for me~~!~

O_______O

I am attempting to upload everything too! haha It is gonna take awhile though. I'll get you the pics asap. Being line/conert buddies with you was so much fun. After being surrounded by so many boys the whole weekend (though I love you boys!) it was SUCH a refreshing experience to be able to fangirl with you! And boy did we ever fangirl ne? XD XD XD
haha The Underneath... uuhhmm... fanservice FTW! bahahaha <333 XD

Anyway... yeah the concerts on Sunday were fantastic! Especially getting all of their autographs and pics right up close.
Also, I got to get Yamaguchi Kappei's autograph. (I was along during this time but fangirled completely)
Fangirling (and yeah Ryan totally...TOTALLLLLLY fanboyed over the TF2 photoshoot) is such an interesting thing, you always tell yourself you aren't going to scream, but you do, you just do. XDDDD

*squeeeeeeee*
>_>
<_<
>_<

[/align]
[/align]
[size=75]

[/SIZE]
FukuokaGirl

Postby Peanut » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:55 pm

Some pics...

Same CAA group photo Spoony posted except with a larger portion of meboeck (just to prove that he was their for this photo).

A couple of Mudkips basking in the sun...

How Pokemon should be...

One of my favs...

The other CAA photo (done with the face) which actually includes Doubleshadow but doesn't have the rest of the individuals from the first CAA photo in it for some random unknown reason...
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby FukuokaGirl » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:00 pm

Bahaha omg... my FACE~~!~ *dies*
Cho hazukashii yo! So embarrassing!

[/align]
[/align]
[size=75]

[/SIZE]
FukuokaGirl

Postby yukoxholic » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:36 pm

FukuokaGirl (post: 1252318) wrote:Yuko... seriously... it was the mostest, bestest part of the con for me~~!~

O_______O

I am attempting to upload everything too! haha It is gonna take awhile though. I'll get you the pics asap. Being line/conert buddies with you was so much fun. After being surrounded by so many boys the whole weekend (though I love you boys!) it was SUCH a refreshing experience to be able to fangirl with you! And boy did we ever fangirl ne? XD XD XD
haha The Underneath... uuhhmm... fanservice FTW! bahahaha <333 XD

Anyway... yeah the concerts on Sunday were fantastic! Especially getting all of their autographs and pics right up close.
Also, I got to get Yamaguchi Kappei's autograph. (I was along during this time but fangirled completely)
Fangirling (and yeah Ryan totally...TOTALLLLLLY fanboyed over the TF2 photoshoot) is such an interesting thing, you always tell yourself you aren't going to scream, but you do, you just do. XDDDD

*squeeeeeeee*
>_>
<_<
>_<

Mine too!! ^____^

We fan-girled so hard and had such an amazing time. It was completely awesome getting to go with another j-rock lovin' chicka. :D I so will never forget that concert ever! The fanservice.... e___e ....it was beyond epic. XD you so have to give me a copy of that pic of you and I even though I probably look all "durr" in it from being sleep deprived lol.

I know! I keep looking at the pictures going "It wasn't a dream! It actually happened!" *swoon* This is the stuff K-dramas are made of XD

Yeah, I'm getting all my pictures together but my footage is taking me so long to upload for some reason. I don't know if it's an issue with youtube or my connection. So, I may have to send footage via a DL attachment or direct connect on AIM. x___x; stupid connection. Hopefully, I'll get my youtube to work!
yukoxholic

Postby Doubleshadow » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:26 pm

Man, I wish my camera hadn't been busted. XD It ended all too soon! I feel like I spent so much time running around trying to find stuff I didn't get anything done! Note to self: Do better next year. And cosplay. XD I'm bummed because the Vol. 2 of Ergo Proxy I've been hunting for months I bought disappeared. I looked so hard for that!

And I missed Marbell's concert. T.T
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:41 pm

Aww, great pictures everyone! It looks like you guys had so much fun! XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby ashfire » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:56 pm

I heard a local radio DJ really cut down the the con on this morning's show in Wash DC. I heard he found a site with pictures from the con and really cut down on people and their cosplay outfits.:rant:
ashfire

Postby Fish and Chips » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:28 am

Otakon was excellent, but left me tired. I'll talk about all of this tomorrow.
Fish and Chips

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:44 am

Otakon was so fuuuuun!

Will post pictures soon!
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby FukuokaGirl » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:12 am

ashfire (post: 1252377) wrote:I heard a local radio DJ really cut down the the con on this morning's show in Wash DC. I heard he found a site with pictures from the con and really cut down on people and their cosplay outfits.:rant:

Well, if he wants to be a little negative nancy then let him! :P
All I know is that everywhere I looked people were smiling and playing and having fun. I some some absolutely amazing cosplays! I saw some scary poorly done cosplay and I saw some average cosplay (which is probably where mine fell in the scheme or ranking, just average). BUT~~ what really matters is that people had a blast! And it sure seemed like everyone did!
For those who wanna judge how great a cosplay is, there are, in fact, competitions for that! But everyone else who just wants to enjoy themselves, cosplay alllllllll you want!
(sorry if this little rant seemed directed at you ashfire... it certainly isn't!! ^_^ <3)

Otakon was grand! Pictures on the waaaaaay!! XD

[/align]
[/align]
[size=75]

[/SIZE]
FukuokaGirl

Postby Tsukuyomi » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:46 am

Peanut, can I has people descriptions on picture one ^ ^ I know some of those people, but some of them I am unsure of ^ ^;

Awww, wish I was there to fangirl with you guys, Aki and Jenn ;___;

I don't see why others diss what other people like u_u I'm sure they wouldn't want something they enjoyed dissed by others, but I suppose it's only his OPINION, so don't let it get to you :)
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:23 pm

ashfire wrote:I heard a local radio DJ really cut down the the con on this morning's show in Wash DC. I heard he found a site with pictures from the con and really cut down on people and their cosplay outfits.:rant:

I'd actually like to hear it if there's a sound bite somewhere on the net. Just to hear what someone who (a) isn't in on the otaku subculture, and (b) is totally snarky about it, has to say.

I'm still amazed at how many people ask "what's going on at the convention center?" It's been over a decade. How do you not know yet?
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Tsukuyomi » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:48 pm

SpoonyBard (post: 1252514) wrote:I'd actually like to hear it if there's a sound bite somewhere on the net. Just to hear what someone who (a) isn't in on the otaku subculture, and (b) is totally snarky about it, has to say.

I'm still amazed at how many people ask "what's going on at the convention center?" It's been over a decade. How do you not know yet?

Haha, I know right XDD

Some people are just weird like that I guess u_u
Tsukuyomi

Postby ashfire » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:54 pm

SpoonyBard (post: 1252514) wrote:I'd actually like to hear it if there's a sound bite somewhere on the net. Just to hear what someone who (a) isn't in on the otaku subculture, and (b) is totally snarky about it, has to say.

The DJ is Jack Diamond and there is a website for his morning show.
You can check to see for the Aug 11 show from 5AM to 11AM where he talked about the con.
ashfire

Postby yukoxholic » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:57 pm

Really? I heard one radio station ask people to call if they knew what "Otakon" was but I do not recall hearing anything negative.
yukoxholic

Postby Tsukuyomi » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:58 pm

Does anyone have a link? If so, I'd like to hear this ^ ^
Tsukuyomi

Postby Roy Mustang » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:15 pm

ashfire wrote:I heard a local radio DJ really cut down the the con on this morning's show in Wash DC. I heard he found a site with pictures from the con and really cut down on people and their cosplay outfits.:rant:

Don't let it get to you. He did the same thing last year as well and was just doing it to get people fired up.

I remember last year, when it was reported on ANN about the whole thing.
[font="Book Antiqua"]

[color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang
[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby Tsukuyomi » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:42 pm

Prolly just to get more listeners/callers. It seems alot of radio stations/shows do that ^^
Tsukuyomi

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:51 pm

SpoonyBard (post: 1252279) wrote:Oh snap, that was you!? Hang on a sec . . .

YES!!! That's me!!!

I'm actually having a very surreal moment looking at these pictures right now, realizing how many of you guys I actually saw over the weekend! So close and yet so far... :(

Still, it was an awesome con, and I'm TOTALLY going back next year :thumb:

KhakiBlueSocks (post: 1252190) wrote:You're doing Matt from 02? Dude, there's only one word that comes to mind right now...

ImageWIN.

Man, you don't know the half of it. We got some truly EPIC Digimon group pics that weekend!
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Postby Ingemar » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:03 pm

Just one comment:

Nathan is a skinhead now?!

Please resume.
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby Peanut » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:30 pm

[quote="Tsukuyomi (post: 1252489)"]Peanut, can I has people descriptions on picture one ^ ^ I know some of those people, but some of them I am unsure of ^ ^]

The bad news is...I'm horrible with names...but I'll try, and if I miss anyone please, somebody...anybody correct me... thank you...

Back row (from left to right): Me, Nate

Middle row (left to right): Half of meboeck, *doesn't remeber individual's name/psuedonym...*, ClosetOtaku

Front Row (left to right): Fish, *yeah...remembers face but not name/psuedonym*, SpoonyBard, MSP, FukokaGirl

Hope that helps some and hopefully someone will fill in the blanks I've left...
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby yukoxholic » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:27 am

Peanut (post: 1252617) wrote:The bad news is...I'm horrible with names...but I'll try, and if I miss anyone please, somebody...anybody correct me... thank you...

Back row (from left to right): Me, Nate

Middle row (left to right): Half of meboeck, *doesn't remeber individual's name/psuedonym...*, ClosetOtaku

Front Row (left to right): Fish, *yeah...remembers face but not name/psuedonym*, SpoonyBard, MSP, FukokaGirl

Hope that helps some and hopefully someone will fill in the blanks I've left...

I'm not in the picture but I took it. XD Atleast I am assuming this is one I took since I snapped 5 different shots. ^__~
yukoxholic

Postby ClosetOtaku » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:07 am

Hope this helps... please send corrections...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." -- C.S. Lewis
ClosetOtaku

Postby Nate » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:02 am

Peanut wrote:The other CAA photo (done with the face) which actually includes Doubleshadow but doesn't have the rest of the individuals from the first CAA photo in it for some random unknown reason...

Well I know why I'm not in it, at least, that photo was taken at night, meaning it was likely taken Friday night, which is the night where I was exhausted and left the con crazy early.

Also I had fun at Otakon. Even if I did have to stay in a sketchy motel and I had a manga get swiped from me.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Previous Next

Return to General