Argh! SPIDERS @_@

Talk about anything in here.

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:32 pm

O_O

Wow Lucky! That's terrible! T_T How big is "HUGE"?
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby Tsukuyomi » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:39 pm

Bigger then the usual small ones I'm used to seeing O_O

It ran really fast O_O I was too afraid to move xDD; I was going to go and get the can of air freshener, but it was blocking the door and I didn't want it to run away somewhere else, but it did anyway ;___;

I actually have a can of air freshener in my room now XDD A part of me was like,"Alright Mr. Spider, show yourself so I can spray you D:<", but then another part of me was like,"I really hope you're not in here anymore..u_u" Or better yet, out of the house. I'm pretty sure if anyone else finds it.. they will scoosh him u_u
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:43 pm

*gasps*

Wow. :-O T_T

That would make a perfect suspense novel. Attack of the killer spider!!!
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby Dante » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:09 pm

Ok, caught 'em! (They can't crawl out of a small plastic disposable cup... so they are really easy to check out) then I went to spiderzrule.com or something like that (look it up on google) and determined that I have GRASS SPIDERS! This tells me where they came from, because we had REALLY tall grass to our north and a couple of days before posting this someone sliced it all down with a weed wacker... so they lost their homes and wanted to know if they could live with me O_O.

But given that they are grass spiderz they are cool with me, they don't bite bad, they're just big. So given that we destroyed their habitat I'll just drop 'em outside from now on.

PS, I actually like spiders but I've gained an odd arachnophobia now that I'm older... don't know why. I used to sleep with big plastic spiders and plushy one when I was a little kid and my favorite movie was Arachnophobie ('cept I wanted the spiders to win and I felt a ton of empathy for the big spider when they set it on fire and it screamed... I think I cried). I also owned two pet tarantulas.

The first we encountered when we took a hike up here in Flagstaff... I had PRAYED for one of these things before we went on a hike but my mom and dad never believed that we'd EVER see one... we did... and she tried to scare it off... but to my pleading she put down the binocular case... AND IT CRAWLED IN! O_O LOL! But it died a couple of months later T_T.

The second one I ended up setting free because it was so sad in the cage, it just... REALLY looked sad. But yeah, I loved spiders, but now I have arachnophobia and I don't even know why!
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Paul » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:58 pm

I'm not arachnaphobic, I know to stay away from the brown recluse. They can be aggressive in the mid-west. I've lived in a house with a couple of dozen Black Widows with no problems in So. California. We had an agreeement. I don't bother them, they don't bother me. Honestly they did a great job of keeping flying pests down and gave me free passage through the "fly" zones of my house. In exchange, they had great place to live.

Not in this house but I have been bitten by Black Widows before. Treated myself the first time, then called the Hospital. They said not to come in, I did everything they would have done and more. They told me what to watch for and if I got really terrible sick, to come in. Well I got a little sick, but it didn't warrent a trip. The second time, I did the standard treatment and went about my business. The third time I shrugged my shoulders, killed the thing and went back to work, with no treatment. Third time I got a little sick, but it didn't stop me from what I wanted to do.

But, that's me. I'm glad they were Garden Spiders and you kindly sent them back to where they would be happy. Who knows, maybe they see you as a savior. Anyway, good luck.

Paul
"You heart is free. Have the courage to follow it." -Malcom Wallace. (Braveheart)
Paul

Postby RidleyofZebes » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:59 pm

*ahem*
I'd just like to take this opportunity to say "Thank You" to all those who posted pictures and descriptions of various spiders in this thread. You've just made this poor, unsuspecting lurker and his arachnophobia's day-er, night. @_@

Oh, and I really hope you get your spider problem straightened out, Pascal. In the meantime, you have my sympathy. :sweat:
~Ridley [color="Green"] ;)
[/color]
[font="Arial Black"][color="Red"]My [color="Red"]deviantART[/color][/color][/font] | [font="Arial Black"][color="Red"]My [color="Red"]YouTube[/color][/color][/font]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~~~[color="Yellow"]AKA: DarkwaterhHealer~~~[/color]
Even when lurking, I am with you in spirit...

Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES.
RidleyofZebes

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:47 pm

Haha. I just went back to view all of the spider pictures to scare myself.

I'm an intense aracnophobe when it comes to the huge spiders. *shivers* Camel spiders.... I never though such a creepy kind existed! O_O If I came across those in real life, I think I would cry.... T_T
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:49 pm

I have been getting about 4-5 spider bites a night and I can't figure out what type of spider is doing it or where it is?? I would like to just get it out of my room and outside but I don't know where it is...

Anyone know what can cause this problem? I mean is it normal to get 4-5 bites a night?

I am thinking that maybe their is a nest. >.<
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Formerly Known As Vernhal
//My Devart\\//My Sheezyart\\
Kuro-Mizu

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:45 am

NOOO!!! It's not normal!!!! Call an exterminator!

And the Camel Spider's one of those innerwebs myths. So rest easy about that, at least.
Fics an' pics from the Royal Otaku-ness of Squee

Heart of Sock!

"Those who never know a sleepless night cannot become strong; that is the rule."
Sailor Kenshin

Postby Sheenar » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:24 am

Sailor Kenshin (post: 1251120) wrote:
And the Camel Spider's one of those innerwebs myths. So rest easy about that, at least.

Well, a camel spider is a real species of spider. Many of the stories about them, however, are false.

Here's a website I found: Camel Spiders
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Tsukuyomi » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:38 pm

My nephew sprayed the little big guy to death O___O

It wandered into our spare room and my nephew sprayed it with the Fabreeze XDD; If survived, but then he scooshed it with his sandal ^ ^;

I kinda feel bad for it T___T;
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:44 pm

[quote="Tsukuyomi (post: 1251334)"]I kinda feel bad for it T___T]

I can relate... T_T Even if I don't like spiders.

R.I.P. Mr. (or Ms.) Spider
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:30 pm

AHH I got two more bites and one got infected and I had to go to the doctor for some antibiotics...

spiders are NOT my friends right now!
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Formerly Known As Vernhal
//My Devart\\//My Sheezyart\\
Kuro-Mizu

Postby Tsukuyomi » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:27 pm

I dunno which is worst... Spiders or Mosquitoes >___>;
Tsukuyomi

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:47 pm

I'd say mosquitoes... because they can fly! O.O
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby Sheenar » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:35 pm

mysngoeshere56 (post: 1251388) wrote:I'd say mosquitoes... because they can fly! O.O

Ah, but spiders can also fly!
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:59 am

Rejoice! For mine enemy hath been slain!

Last week a black spider the side of your first thumb joint leapt out at me when I opened the oven, but after I scraped myself off the ceiling I could not find him.

He has been lying in wait for me ever since. But last night (while watching an episode of Yuu Yuu Hakusho), I saw something BIG AND BLACK crawling alongside a big mirror.

He is dead now. All probably thanks to the combined efforts of Urameshi Yuusuke and a very angry Hiei. ;)
Fics an' pics from the Royal Otaku-ness of Squee

Heart of Sock!

"Those who never know a sleepless night cannot become strong; that is the rule."
Sailor Kenshin

Postby Popsicle » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:50 am

Omgosh spiders! D: I don't like spiders at all. I always get made fun of for it too. -_- We have a lot of black widows here cuse I live in southern California and I just don't like them. They all creep me out.

But anyway...we have a lot of spiders that randomly pop up at my work and I always have to get rid of them cuse we work in single person shifts and I'm the only one there. I was mopping the floors one time and I found a spider in its web on one of our tables. It freaked me out cuse I don't like spiders...yeah. It was yellow and creepy! haha, the funny thing is, I stood there looking at it wondering if I should wait for my boss to come in later in the day and have him get rid of it. haha, I'm such a wuss. But I got enough courage to grab a papertowel and grab it in its web, smoosh it, and throw it in the trashcan. (I'm sry if you guys like to let spiders live, but I wasn't able to catch it in anything). So yeah...I went back to mopping feeling proud that I was able to combat a spider for once...but then...I looked down and the spider was on my shoe. 0.0 haha, I freaked out again and slipped on the wet floor as I tryed to shoo it off. (Don't read if you like spiders) Then I got some clorox bleach spray and sprayed the spider. It died within two seconds. So yeah...that's one of my spider stories. Thought I should share :D haha

Hope you guys figure out your spider problems!
Popsicle

Postby Tsukuyomi » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:10 pm

Lol, air freshener is my best friend when it comes to unwanted buggies D:<
Tsukuyomi

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:11 pm

Bout a month ago my roomy had a spider emergency. She was about to take a shower when she noticed this massive cave spider sitting in the tub. She hit it with Scrubbing bubbles, bleach, solarcane, and windex before she started screaming for me to grab the Raid. Aftewards she washed it down with five minutes worth of scalding hot water. >.<
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby Tsukuyomi » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:20 pm

.... O.O

If I were her.. I'd never want to take a bath or shower in there again >_>;

May I ask what a cave spider is o.o? Sounds big >_>
Tsukuyomi

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:41 pm

"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby Popsicle » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:01 pm

Oh crud! I think I would flush that thing down the drain with 5 minutes of boiling water too! D:
Popsicle

Postby Tsukuyomi » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:05 pm

Ewwwwww, that sucker's HUGE O__O
Tsukuyomi

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:01 am

O_O I think I would have done the same thing. That thing is gigantic... Unless the camera was like a centimeter away from it's body.
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby Tsukuyomi » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:19 am

Even if it still was.. it still his HUGE :o
Tsukuyomi

Postby Popsicle » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:38 pm

AHHH!!!! A spider tried to crawl in my ear last night!

I was laying on my bed watching TV and then I felt something on my ear. I thought it was just one of the hairs off my head brushing up on my ear, but I swatted it away anyway. Then I saw a spider on my bed! I was so creeped out! What would happen if it did get in my ear?!
Popsicle

Postby EricTheFred » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:04 pm

I relocate all spiders that aren't Recluses or Widows outside (I do have to protect my kids.) The occasional wolf spider or garden spider (these can get nightmarishly large) is good for the garden.
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May He cause His face to shine upon you.
May He lift up His countenance and grant you peace.

Maokun: Ninjas or Pirates? (Vikings are not a valid answer, sorry)

EricTheFred: Vikings are always a valid answer.

Feel free to visit My Writing.com Portfolio

Largo: "Well Ed, good to see ya. Guess I gotta beat the crap out of you now."

Jamie Hyneman: "It's just another lovely day at the bomb range. Birds are singing, rabbits are hopping about, and soon there's going to be a big explosion."
EricTheFred

Postby Doubleshadow » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:16 pm

Because it's relevant.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:51 pm

Now thats a BIG spider
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Previous Next