What Movies are you Watching?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby GhostontheNet » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:38 am

I just finished watching Macbeth directed by Geoffrey Wright. It was interesting to see the story given a Gothic Film Noir approach.
GhostontheNet

Postby GeneD » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:11 pm

Watching Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby sapphire_shine » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:32 pm

Alice in Wonderland with my little sister X3 A tad creepy for a disney movie IMO but I loved it :3
sapphire_shine

Postby jon_jinn » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:47 pm

watching Indiana Jones: The Last Crusade tonight w/ my dad.
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Amzi Live » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:40 pm

The Italian
Nice movie
[font="Arial Narrow"] Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name. Psalm86:11[/font]
Proud lurker? Join MOES,and help us stay cool.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Amzi Live

Postby GhostontheNet » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:05 pm

I just finished watching Beetlejuice.
GhostontheNet

Postby NekoChan_C » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:24 pm

I wanna watch Tron again...
http://myspace.com/shura_no_hana
XBox Gamertag: NekoChan Cruz
PSN Gamer ID: Neko no Ichi
http://neko-chan-cruz.livejournal.com/
NekoChan_C

Postby Scarecrow » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:48 am

Finished watching The Maltese Falcon. Not really one to sit back and watch a movie that was made so long before I was born but it was quite awesome to say the least. Reminded me of Brick... another awesome movie.
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:08 pm

Are We There Yet? A corny comedic movie about a kid-hater who gets roped into taking two kids on a road trip to their mother. It would have been a mediocre movie, if the message at the end hadn't been there. In the end, the kid-hater ended up liking the kids, and even after they were horribly bratty to him, he still let them know he loved them. That made my throat constrict, anyway.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby jon_jinn » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:36 pm

Rush Hour 3
Minority Report

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby GeneD » Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:19 pm

Watched The Dark Knight yesterday and Wall.E tonight. Both were brilliant and it was cool catching the two movies I've been looking forward to in one weekend.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
GeneD

Postby Sheenar » Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:59 pm

I just watched The Cat from Outer Space --I'm happy that I found it on Amazon --it's a great Disney classic. I wonder how they trained the cat (Jake) to act so well --I'm impressed.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby jon_jinn » Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:30 pm

3 Ninjas Kick Back

this is old school stuff man! i used to love watching this movie when i was a kid.

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:41 pm

Enchanted
Stranger than Fiction
The Bourne Ultimatum

(how's that for variety? lol)
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby KagayakiWashi » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:40 am

Well, right now City Slickers is on, but I'm not watching it. Tonight I plan on watching either: The Hidden Fortress, Yojimbo, or The Terror of Mechagodzilla.....we'll see what the troops have to say.
I tried to watch a movie called "Boot Hill" last night.....it was one of the most painful experiences of my life.
"To be a good listener, you must acquire a musical culture...you must be familiar with the history and development of music, you must listen...to receive music you have to open your ears and wait for the music, you must believe that it is something you need ...to listen is an effort, and just to hear has no merit. A duck hears also." - Igor Stravinsky
Are you hurting? Struggling with something? Need an ear? Check out The Hopeline! https://www.thehopeline.com/CSDefault.aspx
The Blog! http://kagayakiwashi.livejournal.com/
KagayakiWashi

Location: Constantly chasing the dragonfly of love....or something like that

Postby GhostontheNet » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:28 pm

This weekend I watched:

Fate/Stay Night Vol. 1
Avalon
Tokyo Godfathers
GhostontheNet

Postby jon_jinn » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:24 pm

watching Always - Sunset on Third Street.

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby KagayakiWashi » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:24 pm

Yojimbo was amazing....Toshiro Mifune has to be one of my favorite actors.....looking foward to Sanjuro.....but tomorrow I plan on seeing "The Dark Knight" for the fourth time.
"To be a good listener, you must acquire a musical culture...you must be familiar with the history and development of music, you must listen...to receive music you have to open your ears and wait for the music, you must believe that it is something you need ...to listen is an effort, and just to hear has no merit. A duck hears also." - Igor Stravinsky
Are you hurting? Struggling with something? Need an ear? Check out The Hopeline! https://www.thehopeline.com/CSDefault.aspx
The Blog! http://kagayakiwashi.livejournal.com/
KagayakiWashi

Location: Constantly chasing the dragonfly of love....or something like that

Postby Danderson » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:27 pm

Just watched Blood Diamond tonight....very intense somewhat like brave heart but different....Most of the really really intense stuff was at the beginning, but as it went on the characters and the plot really started to come together into a good ending......

......I think this is one of the first movies I've seen in a while where I hear the soundtrack first (and love it to death....James Newton Howard ROCKS!!!) then watch the movie and the music fits the scene perfectly, especially the emotional cues.......I think there was a spot that I cried because it was my favorite track in the score and I always thought it would fit for a sad yet bittersweet moment in a film.....and low and behold, it's when Maddy and Danny say goodbye.......It was *sniff* beautiful.....
Danderson

Postby GeneD » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:14 am

Watched The Pacifier and Fantastic Four 2: Rise of the Silver Surfer yesterday. I like the Silver Surfer.

MAL
Twitter
GeneD

Postby Scarecrow » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:22 am

Saw 21... I liked it. Not good movie by any means but an enjoyable one and being somewhat of a gaming fanatic, it held my interest although it wasn't very accurate. I'm sure the writer never actually looked into basic blackjack strategy either. Never split 8s or As or something like that?? Forgot which it was but whatever it was you ALWAYS split those. Also I think they split 10s... maybe they know something I don't but that's also usually a very bad idea.
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby Maledicte » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:36 pm

Currently watching Perfect Creature for the second time today. Nice sci-fi/vampire movie.
Maledicte

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:08 am

I finally caught Wall-E in theaters last week! I loved it to pieces, man; this is the best Pixar movie I've seen since Monsters, Inc (or Finding Nemo, whichever came second). I love how most of the movie didn't have any dialogue other than "Wall-E" and "Eve-a." And it was classic Pixar; I grew to care for these characters that weren't even human. The scene where Eve fixes Wall-E could easily have been very cheesy and cliche, but somehow they managed to pull it off so I actually shed a tear or two. And I think this is the only movie I've ever seen to leave me with a HUGE smile on my face once it's done.

I also finished watching Amadeus. Very weird movie; Mozart was weird weird WEIRD. But the music was AMAZING. I've never heard music like that in a movie before. So, I enjoyed it, even if it was really weird.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby GhostontheNet » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:50 pm

Tonight I watched The Final Cut.
GhostontheNet

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:38 am

Watched tropic thunder last night. Great comedy, a little to much language at times. Still hilarious
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby ShiroiHikari » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:54 pm

Recently, I watched Kenneth Branagh's Hamlet. Pretty impressive film.

Last night I watched Star Wars: A New Hope for the first time in a while. I still love it.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby GhostontheNet » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:48 pm

I just finished watching Day of the Dead.
GhostontheNet

Postby GhostontheNet » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:13 am

Tonight I watched Pan's Labyrinth and Mirrormask.
GhostontheNet

Postby Sheenar » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:36 am

Yesterday, I watched the movie Dreamer --about a man and his daughter who rehabilitate an injured racehorse --it was pretty good--cute.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Stephen » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:00 am

Watched Full Metal Jacket, and A Clockwork Orange. Kubrick was a different kind of guy.
Stephen

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment