This is terrible....

Talk about anything in here.

This is terrible....

Postby Gabriel 9.0 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:05 pm

When I heard the news about this situation. I decided I shall just ride the train for now on when visiting family. I'm praying for the poor guy's family and friends.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,395781,00.html
Some of my favorite scriptures.

Psalm91
A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

Hebrews 4-4
1Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
2For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
3For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
4For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

James 4
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.

Revelation 22:14
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
Gabriel 9.0

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:21 pm

So, now we have the man shooting up a church on Sunday, random decapitation, and a guy walking up to some kids swimming in a river and shooting them. This week is pretty screwed up.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby NekoChan_C » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:49 pm

man, that is messed up... I'll be praying for the families involved...
http://myspace.com/shura_no_hana
XBox Gamertag: NekoChan Cruz
PSN Gamer ID: Neko no Ichi
http://neko-chan-cruz.livejournal.com/
NekoChan_C

Postby Lilac#18 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:06 pm

Man, I don't know what to say.
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby Danderson » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:01 pm

It's a fallen world guys......That is all that needs to be said......
Danderson

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:10 pm

Yeah, I heard about this. It's pretty messed up; I can't believe anyone would have the mind or will to do something like that to a total stranger. Pretty scary.
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Shilohan ninja » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:26 pm

Well, it's like the old saying goes, idle hands are the devil's workshop.
I guess he took the term getting away with murder a little too seriously.
Finish Strong - 2Tim. 4:7,8
"[color="SeaGreen"]Speak up for those who never get a chance to choose life rather than those who have rights and use them improperly."[/color] - A good friend of mine
[color="Purple"]Normal is a setting on a washing machine[/color]. -A youth pastor of mine
[SIZE="5"]JESUS IS LORD![/SIZE] End of descussion.
[color="Red"]Farewell to false pretention
Farewell to hollow words
Farewell to fake affection
Farewell tomorrow burns[/color] - Demon HunterMy Blog
Shilohan ninja

Postby Tsukuyomi » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:38 pm

I'm never leaving my house again ;___;
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Shilohan ninja » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:47 pm

Good luck with that, Tsukuyomi-san.
Finish Strong - 2Tim. 4:7,8
"[color="SeaGreen"]Speak up for those who never get a chance to choose life rather than those who have rights and use them improperly."[/color] - A good friend of mine
[color="Purple"]Normal is a setting on a washing machine[/color]. -A youth pastor of mine
[SIZE="5"]JESUS IS LORD![/SIZE] End of descussion.
[color="Red"]Farewell to false pretention
Farewell to hollow words
Farewell to fake affection
Farewell tomorrow burns[/color] - Demon HunterMy Blog
Shilohan ninja

Postby Danderson » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:15 am

Even though we live in a fallen world, I don't think God wants us to hide away in our closets from the evils and misguided ppl in our world.....I personally think He's called us to be the Ones to stand up against those ppl, not so much through phyiscal force or fighting skills, but through unconditional love that only comes through Christ.....
Danderson

Postby AsianBlossom » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:27 am

But we should protect those who are defenseless...I heard something about an attack on an airplane once--the attacker jumped out of his seat and threatened to crash the plane--and all the people nearby jumped on the attacker, thus subduing him and saving the airplane from a terrible fate. So I guess force can be used in some cases (but we shouldn't hate the person, nor should we use force for little matters where it's not needed).

Still, this is quite shocking. This was unprovoked, right? At first, I was thinking, "But I thought Canada had a low crime rate," and then I remembered that freak accidents (or crimes) happen, like that attack in Akihabara recently.

Prayers are definitely needed for everyone involved.
RESPECT THE UNBORN AND CHOOSE LIFE...your mother did.

"Do not underestimate the power of the muffin! The muffin will smite all those who question it! The muffin will crush all nay-sayers! He who controls the muffin shall control the entire world!" -Taishi, Comic Party English Dub
AsianBlossom

Postby Technomancer » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:27 am

AsianBlossom (post: 1250431) wrote:Still, this is quite shocking. This was unprovoked, right? At first, I was thinking, "But I thought Canada had a low crime rate," and then I remembered that freak accidents (or crimes) happen, like that attack in Akihabara recently.

There's not really much that can (or should) be done in a situation like this. Everybody else got off the bus and made sure the other fellow stayed in it until the police arrived, and that's about the best that could have been hoped for.
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Postby MangArtist » Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:12 pm

I had heard about that.... Messed up beyond words...
"Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you." (Deuteronomy 30:6)

Muh DA page.
MangArtist

Postby Tundrawolf » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:08 pm

Glock.

Break glass in case of unprovoked stabbing/Muslim style decapitation.

Image\

I carried a G21 for a year in ND (With license). For such things as this. Nothing ever happened that warranted me carrying this, but if I had been on that bus and seen this perhaps Tim would still be alive? Or, perhaps I'd be one of the screaming citizens running away from the scene. Sigh.
Tundrawolf

Postby Tundrawolf » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:17 pm

Technomancer (post: 1250449) wrote:There's not really much that can (or should) be done in a situation like this. Everybody else got off the bus and made sure the other fellow stayed in it until the police arrived, and that's about the best that could have been hoped for.

I don't mean to start anything-but with spare-time training and a proficient knowledge of the use of a firearm, almost anyone can become able to deal directly with a situation like this, without endangering the public. This man might still be alive if people were more aware of that fact.

I have training to clear out houses and various scenarios of bg's vs innocents, shootouts, and whatnot-and it doesn't take much time or effort to continue training. It's actually quite easy, and fun to get such training, and you may be better equipped to deal with such things as this than some police officers. You know? it's not difficult and it's not dangerous. The life you save might not be your own.
Tundrawolf

Postby Stephen » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:42 pm

Hey, I know. Lets start a gun debate! Hey. Lets start a Canada vs USA debate. That has never been done on CAA before! Hey, lets post pictures of guns and make all gun owners look like nuts! WEEEEE! Hey. It's ok though. I will save this thread, and guide it to the other side of thread afterlife.

Stephen

Return to General