July Entry: Every Word is True

This forum contains the rules, the themes, and the entries for the monthly manga contest

July Entry: Every Word is True

Postby Aileen Kailum » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:39 pm

Well, my original idea--which I still really like--turned out to be far too much to get done before the end of the month, or whatever deadline we're using. I felt bad about not doing anything, though, so I sat down this afternoon and made myself draw something. Sorry about the quality.

But look, an actual title page!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Need some excitement and meaning to brighten your bleak existence? Enter the CAA Monthly Manga contest!
(Warning: side affects may/will include irritability, the cramping of hands, frustration, and/or loss of sleep.)

Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades
Aileen Kailum

Postby Aileen Kailum » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:41 pm

Page 1. Reads right to left.
I'd really like to thank the neighbor's house across the street for standing still so I could draw it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Need some excitement and meaning to brighten your bleak existence? Enter the CAA Monthly Manga contest!
(Warning: side affects may/will include irritability, the cramping of hands, frustration, and/or loss of sleep.)

Aileen Kailum

Postby Aileen Kailum » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:41 pm

Page two.
Come on, tell me you never wanted something like this to happen.

Aileen Kailum

Postby Aileen Kailum » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:42 pm

And finally, page 3.
EVERY WORD WAS TRUE I SWEAR.
No, it's a lie! No one wears long-sleeves in the summer!

Aileen Kailum

Postby Esoteric » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:43 am

Clever and quick. Once again a nice entry!
Esoteric

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:27 pm

Hee hee, that was funny. I wish I had the guts to get up in front of a class and say that with a straight face. I liked the person in the window *is confused about gender* :?:
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Aileen Kailum » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:42 pm

Thanks! I'm happy people like it.

And for clarity, the person in the window is a girl. It seems to be my lot in life to draw gender-ambiguous characters... I don't mean for them to turn out that way... Haha. I think it must be my special talent.

Aileen Kailum

way to go.

Postby Noblewreck » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:33 pm

That's charming Aileen.
Noblewreck

Postby ChristianKitsune » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:26 am

hahaa! what a cute story! X3 Great work!
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Aileen Kailum » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:43 pm

Ah, thanks you guys.

Aileen Kailum

Return to Monthly Manga Contest