Earthquake in California

Talk about anything in here.

Postby MBlight » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:58 am

Well, i'm really glad to hear all of you are ok!

Here in SA we have ... <thinks VERY hard> well, we don't get any really bad weather related threats... and I'm glad cuz Discovery Channel scares the beegies outta me!!!
I am a Rat Activist!

My Blog: http://mhitchens.wordpress.com

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Proud member of MOES!
MBlight

Postby Sheenar » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:05 am

I'm glad everyone's ok! :)

Here in southeast Texas, I've been through Hurricane Rita (it just was really REALLY windy and dumped some rain --some trees fell over--there were many National Guard vehicles/personnel in my town --we were sheltering some of the Katrina evacuees --but in East Texas, Rita did some serious damage).
I have never been through a tornado, but have had some come pretty close to my area.
There was also a big ice storm on MLK day in 2007. The entire campus was closed down for 3 days. Ice thick on the ground. I was sad because MLK is always free day at the zoo...and we couldn't leave. But the ice was pretty. :)
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:10 am

ChristianKitsune (post: 1249211) wrote:I JUST found out about this... I hope everyone's alright. My gosh, I'm glad my area doesn't have earthquakes...one of the SMALL perks of living in Kansas.

I heard it was a mixture of rolling and swaying... O_O I hope everyone's okay...

What CK said---except I don't live in Kansas.

Everyone all right? I went through a little one, a four-point-whatever, the year I lived in CA.
Fics an' pics from the Royal Otaku-ness of Squee

Heart of Sock!

"Those who never know a sleepless night cannot become strong; that is the rule."
Sailor Kenshin

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:24 am

The news was covering this yesterday as if it was some huge disaster. XD

The idea of earthquakes scares me a lot because you can't really run from them and you don't know when they're coming. At least here in Oklahoma, they can tell you when a really bad storm is coming so you can get the heck outta Dodge.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby randomuser83 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:11 am

Well im just happy a really big one didnt hit like back in 89. That one was really scary. In that case you just need to take cover but I think there getting better at early warning detection.
randomuser83

Postby K. Ayato » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:46 pm

It sure was a good 30-40 seconds of shaking and swaying. Thankfully nothing in the house fell down and got damaged.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby mechana2015 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:44 pm

ShiroiHikari (post: 1249525) wrote:The idea of earthquakes scares me a lot because you can't really run from them and you don't know when they're coming. At least here in Oklahoma, they can tell you when a really bad storm is coming so you can get the heck outta Dodge.

QFT

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Jaltus-bot » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:48 pm

I was on the second floor of an old building in a school where buildings are so old that someone my dad's age easily lived in my old dorm. For those of you know know me personally, you can guess where that was. Oh, and a emergency person said not to go into the parking structure right away too. [mutters]Wasted time...[/mutters] We shook for a good minute when it happened.
When I feel blue, I start breathing again.

Asdvadz hedut ullah! (W. Armenian, "May God bless you!")

It's cosplay, get used to it.

"A hero need not speak. For when he is gone, the world will speak for him."

"One of the nice things about diseases of the brain is they tend to slip your mind." Colbert
Jaltus-bot

Previous

Return to General