Vatican Says...

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:08 pm

I know! I read it and said to myself, "meng, that feels like a brushoff."
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby Shilohan ninja » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:20 pm

Something else; I noticed that the article said he was 77 at the time of the interview, right? It also says that the government has been covering it up for six decades, right? Has anyone the faintest idea of how old he was at the time of his famed moonwalk? Because, I don't know what the exact requirements are for space travel with the NASA program, but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have allowed a 17yr-old kid blast off to the moon without a whole heckofa lotta red tape, am I wrong? Given that I know very little about the system already, but that would just be my assumption. Does anyone have any answers to this cunundrum?
Finish Strong - 2Tim. 4:7,8
"[color="SeaGreen"]Speak up for those who never get a chance to choose life rather than those who have rights and use them improperly."[/color] - A good friend of mine
[color="Purple"]Normal is a setting on a washing machine[/color]. -A youth pastor of mine
[SIZE="5"]JESUS IS LORD![/SIZE] End of descussion.
[color="Red"]Farewell to false pretention
Farewell to hollow words
Farewell to fake affection
Farewell tomorrow burns[/color] - Demon HunterMy Blog
Shilohan ninja

Postby Mister Frodo » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:42 pm

Nate (post: 1248563) wrote:"As you can see, walking on the moon clearly makes me an expert in physics and astrobiology."

Looks like somebody stayed at a Holiday Inn last night.
Mister Frodo

Postby Roy Mustang » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:56 pm

[quote="Shilohan ninja"]Something else]

He is 77 and the interview that he gave was just a few days ago. He would been in this 40's, when he walk on the moon. He was one of the members for the Apollo 14 manned mission and was the the third mission to land on the Moon, the launch was on January 31, 1971 and touch down on the moon was February 5, 1971.

And Edgar Mitchell is a bit lost in space. He has had interests in the consciousness and paranormal phenomena. He even conducted some private ESP experiments with this friends, when he in flight on the Apollo 14 mission. His opinion about UFO's is that he is 90% sure that UFO's are visitors from other planets.

[color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color]
Roy Mustang

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:23 pm

"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby LiquidOcelot » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:23 pm

ich1990 wrote:Also, keep in mind that if God wanted two intelligent species to interact, he could have easily circumvented the odds making this whole calculation irrelevant.

This is certainly an interesting topic. Being a fan of sci-fi stuff...I sometimes wonder about the possibility of intelligent alien life.

But, also God doesn't have to tell us everything He does. He could have created an intelligent species so far away to ensure that there is no interaction. I mean I don't think anyone can be 100% sure if He did that or not. Only God knows that. He has the power to do it.

One thing for sure. It seems like lots of people want to know everything about the universe. Lots of fun debating. And, there certainly a lot of interesting reports and books about space. But, there isn't anything 100% definitive yet. The universe is too big for that.

ich1990 wrote:Therefore, until God proves me otherwise, I think it is safe to say that we will not encounter alien intelligent life.

Well, I think this is common sense right? :) I mean there doesn't seem to be any close by. And, when I say close by that is really an overstatement. Since, planets are very far away. And, the next closest solar system is extremely far away.

Sometimes, I can imagine God being very amused by what we do and what we speculate about. :)
LiquidOcelot

Previous

Return to General