Japan Sets Waistline Limit for Males.. O_o

Talk about anything in here.

Postby bakura_fan » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:15 am

well...i'd have to have surgery to fit in there...last measurment, hip bone to hip bone, I'm at 34". If that is where I'm supposed to measure...so with fat...I'm sure I'd be over...my husband doesn't think I'm fat enough though. lol. Yeah. I'm just going to have to agree with Japan not needing this type of law...but hey, maybe once they reach their goal they'll stop? Just wondering if they'll start doing that to kids.
:angel:

[color=DeepSkyBlue] "He lives in you. He lives in me. [/color]He watches over everything we see.
Into the water. Into the truth. [color=Yellow][color=DeepSkyBlue]In your reflection, He lives in you." - He lives in you chorus[/color][/color]
"Slow, love, slow. Time's so fast. Now goes quickly, see Now it's past!
Soon will come, Soon will last. Wait." [color=Yellow]- Wait (sweeney todd) [/color]

[align=center]My art page.

[align=center]Married to swordguy
:hug:

[/align]
[/align]
bakura_fan

Postby Conner999 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:26 am

"Age of consent is completely arbitrary, it has nothing to do with lifespans."

Not always, but it applies sometimes. As I said before in my example, people were expected to start families much earlier in life because if they had to wait until they were 18 to start a family they would have already spent more than half of their expected lives.
Conner999

Postby termyt » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:49 am

Mave (post: 1243903) wrote:The girls boasting their 'slim bodies' are so skinny, it's bordering on anorexia. I have no idea where their boobs come from - I suspect it's probably plastic.
Bingo!

It's a big industry in the US.

It is possible to have both a tiny waist and huge ... tracks of land, but I can safely say that the number of people who naturally come accross that weird sinergy of body types is far less that it appears to be in our society.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:30 am

mechana2015 (post: 1243984) wrote:I would check how you phrased that... some people are genetically predisposed to carry more weight, and 'obese' is a bit of an arbitrary number that was determined using a generalized formula, and discounts the basic body type classifications, among myriad other things. A lot of these people are far from gluttonous.

This is true, but some people use 'i'm genetically predisposed to carry more weight' as an excuse to continue eating unhealthy. And some people who aren't say that as an excuse for their gluttony. But I wasn't talking about those people who can't help it no matter what they do. I was talking about the gluttons.
"Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!" - Psalm 31:24

"MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll."

My Fanfiction.net account
My DA account
My MAL

"An XD a post will keep humor at its most." - Goldenspines <3
Fantasy Dreamer

Postby Doubleshadow » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:12 am

Hmm. I think I'm about 24" all the way around, and I'm pretty skinny (5'5 currently 90 lbs.) So, if it's 34.5" for the average women, the average height is 5'0 then?
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby ChristianKitsune » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:29 am

Fantasy Dreamer (post: 1245717) wrote:This is true, but some people use 'i'm genetically predisposed to carry more weight' as an excuse to continue eating unhealthy. And some people who aren't say that as an excuse for their gluttony. But I wasn't talking about those people who can't help it no matter what they do. I was talking about the gluttons.

Yaahh... I've got a thyroid problem. But That doesn't mean that I'm not trying to lose weight. I was born with a very dead matabolism... and I've gone through a lot of crap my entire life because I was always slightly larger than other people... I'm not HUGE by any means...but I know that I need to lose weight. =_=

It's depressing, to be honest that so many people are AFRAID of Obesity/obese people. Believe it or not it does happen.

I can't tell you how aliented I feel sometimes. In my area the girls are like size 2 for the most part. And I am a size 18... It's hard to lose weight, but I'm trying! >_<

But already you are judging overweight people, before you even get to know them... ._. and that is what we have to deal with every single day until we finally meet "Society's standards"

Why is it that since I am losign weight it's just now that people say "You're looking GOOD!"

That kinda bothers me... even though I try not to let it... :/
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Sheenar » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:30 pm

ChristianKitsune (post: 1245746) wrote:Yaahh... I've got a thyroid problem. But That doesn't mean that I'm not trying to lose weight. I was born with a very dead matabolism... and I've gone through a lot of crap my entire life because I was always slightly larger than other people... I'm not HUGE by any means...but I know that I need to lose weight. =_=

It's depressing, to be honest that so many people are AFRAID of Obesity/obese people. Believe it or not it does happen.

I can't tell you how aliented I feel sometimes. In my area the girls are like size 2 for the most part. And I am a size 18... It's hard to lose weight, but I'm trying! >_<

But already you are judging overweight people, before you even get to know them... ._. and that is what we have to deal with every single day until we finally meet "Society's standards"

Why is it that since I am losign weight it's just now that people say "You're looking GOOD!"

I KNOW!!! People have been telling me lately .."are you losing weight? You look good!"...like a person can only "look good" if they fit into society's standards. I think (women especially) that people should be told that they are beautiful and loved by God --I have a friend who struggled with an eating disorder for a long time because she didn't fit "standards", but now she sees herself as God sees her --she lives a healthy lifestyle, her body is just different.
I struggle with this too --I am trying to lose weight for health, but it bothers me that I don't "look good" unless I'm skinny. People need to realize that real women are not the airbrushed models you see on magazine covers.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Shilohan ninja » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:19 pm

There's a lot I could say about this.
So I'll just summ it up with a corny one-liner: who was more appretiated at the party?; the guy with the six-pack, or the guy who brought the keg?
Finish Strong - 2Tim. 4:7,8
"[color="SeaGreen"]Speak up for those who never get a chance to choose life rather than those who have rights and use them improperly."[/color] - A good friend of mine
[color="Purple"]Normal is a setting on a washing machine[/color]. -A youth pastor of mine
[SIZE="5"]JESUS IS LORD![/SIZE] End of descussion.
[color="Red"]Farewell to false pretention
Farewell to hollow words
Farewell to fake affection
Farewell tomorrow burns[/color] - Demon HunterMy Blog
Shilohan ninja

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:24 pm

ChristianKitsune (post: 1245746) wrote:Yaahh... I've got a thyroid problem. But That doesn't mean that I'm not trying to lose weight. I was born with a very dead matabolism... and I've gone through a lot of crap my entire life because I was always slightly larger than other people... I'm not HUGE by any means...but I know that I need to lose weight. =_=

Ok, people. I'm not 'judging' anybody before I get to know them. A lot of my friends are over weight and obese and I love them just as much if not more than my 'skinny' friends. They are very sweet people, and I know that they are by no means gluttons. But there are people out there who are gluttons and don't try to lose weight or watch what they eat, who I do not know, but because of our sinful, human nature, I know they exist. I'm not going to assume (nor do I) that every obese person I see is a glutton until I get to know them. I'd get to know them and then make that call, not that its really my judgement to make (but there would be cases were it would be obvious). I do not know any gluttons, personally, and I'm not saying that anybody over weight is a glutton. I'm not judging obese people before I know them at all. I don't judge before I know what a person is like.

I'm talking about real gluttons, and there are gluttons out there somewhere, even though I don't know any of them! But no, I don't assume every obese person is a glutton! But that's not what this thread is about... its about the waste limit it in Japan... we kind of got off topic.
"Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!" - Psalm 31:24

My DA account
My MAL

Fantasy Dreamer

Postby Nate » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:16 pm

Fantasy Dreamer wrote:But there are people out there who are gluttons and don't try to lose weight or watch what they eat

I know this wasn't directed at me. XD But speaking as a person who doesn't try to lose weight or watch what I eat, the reason I do it is, I don't see a point. I'm not morbidly obese, I have a fairly prominent gut though. Anyway I'm not exactly fatalistic, that is, I'm not saying "Well I'll die someday so there's no point to trying to live healthy." That's an absurd view.

I think it's more, when it's our time to go, we're gone and nothing we did can stop it. There was a guy called Jim Fixx, he was a jogging fanatic. He ate well, and jogged like five miles every morning. He died of a massive heart attack while he was jogging. His healthy eating, his exercise, meant nothing when God said "It's your time to go." On the other hand, there was a story about a man who was (I believe) in his 100s, and he said his diet every day was bread fried in fatback and a gallon of wine. It wasn't his time to go yet.

So while I'm not saying, hey, throw caution to the wind, forget healthiness, what I'm saying is that life's too short to be completely concerned with all of that mess. People have eaten healthy and exercised and died young, and other people have eaten poorly and been lazy and lived to a ripe old age. In the end, as far as I can figure, it just isn't that important.

Oh, and don't try using that "body is a temple" verse to say that we should eat healthy. That verse applies to sexual immorality ONLY, context is important. :p I'm not accusing YOU of it exactly, but I just wanted to get it out there before anyone said it. XD

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:40 pm

No, Nate, that wasn't directed at you! XD

And, good points. There is a difference between not caring about eating healthily and eating way too much at a time, so much that you are gluttonous though.

My DA account
My MAL

Fantasy Dreamer

Postby ST. Attidude » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:37 am

[quote="Doubleshadow (post: 1235441)"]That article, while initially professional and providing valuable information for insight into the problem, began having way too much fun at the end.

“Goodbye, metabolic. Let’s get our checkups together. Go! Go! Go!

Goodbye, metabolic. Don’t wait till you get sick. No! No! No!â€
[color="Magenta"]@[/color][color="Red"])}[/color][color="DarkGreen"]~[/color][color="Green"]`,[/color][color="Lime"]~[/color] [color="LightBlue"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, [color="Red"]As Thanks,[/color] [color="LightBlue"]To All The CAA Moderators[/color][/color]
______
[color="Navy"]ST[/color][color="Blue"].[/color][color="RoyalBlue"] Attidude's[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"].[/color][color="LightBlue"].[/color].Portfolio Site, Twitter,
DeviantArt page
ST. Attidude

Postby Mithrandir » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:29 pm

Nate (post: 1247001) wrote: Anyway I'm not exactly fatalistic...

I think it's more, when it's our time to go, we're gone and nothing we did can stop it.

I'm having some trouble reconciling these two statements. It appears you are either basing your view on the apparent statistical outlier data points you brought up, or you have a theological predisposition in conflict with freewill.

Or am I just reading too much into a post on the InterWebs? :D
Mithrandir

Postby Tsukuyomi » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:43 pm

I need to start doing my sit-ups and crunches ;____;

Interwebs.. INTERWEBS D:<
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Previous

Return to General