Otakon 2008. Heck yeah.

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:33 pm

I've been going since like 2004.

Why haven't we met up with each other earlier? XD I've met up with Spoonybard like every year!

It's all his fault! XD
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:16 pm

Mr. SmartyPants (post: 1243863) wrote:I've been going since like 2004.

Why haven't we met up with each other earlier? XD I've met up with Spoonybard like every year!

It's all his fault! XD

You're welcome.

Jerk.
]Nate[/B] said, it'd be nice to have more than just the "core group" of the same 4 guys hanging around. Speaking of which, where's Nathan been? I haven't seen him post in a while.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby yukoxholic » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:38 pm

I don't know if I'd attend a CAA dinner considering I really don't like to venture outside of the convention in Baltimore. I'd do an in convention meet-up group though like meeting in a specific Hall or where they do the photo sessions, etc.
yukoxholic

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:22 pm

Awwwww, outside the con isn't that bad. XD Us manly men will protect you! (i.e. Just Spoonybard and Peanut)

Our dinners are usually fairly closeby anyway. Walking distance, I'm sure.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby yukoxholic » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:30 pm

Mr. SmartyPants (post: 1244024) wrote:Awwwww, outside the con isn't that bad. XD Us manly men will protect you! (i.e. Just Spoonybard and Peanut)

Our dinners are usually fairly closeby anyway. Walking distance, I'm sure.

LOL! Well, I just like doing my meet-ups inside the convention because it's such a hassle to go out of the con, find where ever it is you want to meet up at, and all that wonderful B-More style stuff...like the hobos and the crazy people who sell crap on the streets. I've lived here my whole life so I know the crazy-ness that is Baltimore.

Not to mention I think most people from CAA would rather meet in a crowded convention considering not many of us (at least not me) know a lot of the guys/gals going but that is just my opinion. I don't want to speak for everyone else just myself. :D That doesn't mean we couldn't do a dinner after we meet up somewhere in the con that could be arranged by everyone's schedules that day since some are going to the concert/panels/etc.

Plus, I am going with my sister who doesn't know anyone from CAA. ^__^ As stated, I would just prefer to meet in the con rather than go outside of it.

Also, I have a black-belt in kick yo' butt so I'd most likely be protecting you guys! ;)
yukoxholic

Postby IchiTone » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:27 pm

I agree with yukoxholic. It's not a big deal to meet up inside the con and have everyone introduce themselves before heading out...even if it's just to the Burger King across the street.

I think it would help everyone feel a bit more relaxed about meeting, and if yukoxholic's really a master of "kick yo' butt", believe me, we have nothing to fear! :thumb:
IchiTone

Postby Nate » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:54 am

I thought the Burger King across the street was closed?

I seem to remember it being gone last year and them even mentioning it in the con guide. Then again maybe I'm just insane and am making up things. @.@;;

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:25 am

Generally, the Inner Harbor areas is rarely dangerous. I'd wouldn't be too scared walking around it late at night. XD
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby yukoxholic » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:25 am

Mr. SmartyPants (post: 1244200) wrote:Generally, the Inner Harbor areas is rarely dangerous. I'd wouldn't be too scared walking around it late at night. XD

Oh, I know the Inner Harbor is relativly safe aside from a few idiots last time throwing "taks" down at the intersection last year. Oh! and a couple who threw a glass bottle at a group of cosplayers... I just don't like leaving the convention unless it's getting to my car in the parking garage. XD

And like, oh my gosh, you guys gotta a record for having the same 4 meeting up. I would not want to break that! ]I agree with yukoxholic. It's not a big deal to meet up inside the con and have everyone introduce themselves before heading out...even if it's just to the Burger King across the street.

I think it would help everyone feel a bit more relaxed about meeting, and if yukoxholic's really a master of "kick yo' butt", believe me, we have nothing to fear! :thumb:[/QUOTE]

Exactly, IchiTone! I'd much rather meet everyone before going out to do something. Plus, I do a lot of the night-stuff at the con. The rave, masq, concerts, etc so dinner most likely wouldn't work out at all for me. :D But that's cool though. You guys can do whatever you like ^_^ As stated, I don't really know/talk to very many of you. ^__^;;

Plus, even if I can't work out going to a CAA Meet Up if you guys/gals are vocal in line about "CAA" and I hear it I'll come over and say hi as most of Otakon is consisted of waiting in long lines. x__x
yukoxholic

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:30 am

Man... I'll never get to go to one of these dang things...

Anyway... Just how many cons are there every year? Seems to always be one coming up.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:17 pm

Well our meet-ups are generally on BCC grounds, but we do generally take time to eat meals with each other.

Usually it's ME that organizes all of this. When the time is right, I will PM everybody for contact information =)
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:00 pm

Mr. SmartyPants (post: 1244313) wrote:Well our meet-ups are generally on BCC grounds, but we do generally take time to eat meals with each other.

Usually it's ME that organizes all of this. When the time is right, I will PM everybody for contact information =)

:lol: "When the time is right." Like he's plotting something sinister. :evil:
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Peanut » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:03 pm

Mr. SmartyPants (post: 1244024) wrote:Awwwww, outside the con isn't that bad. XD Us manly men will protect you! (i.e. Just Spoonybard and Peanut)

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

IThe image of this is just...wow...I'm not sure we'd be the best body guards...though I can be used as a weapon in the right hands.
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby FukuokaGirl » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:00 pm

Should I be scared since Ryan already HAS my contact info?
And don't worry everyone! I'll protect you! I have epic ninja skillzzz.....

Besides, if worse comes to worse, I'll kick butt with my Re-L Mayer gun! XDDD

But seriously... I'm very excited about Otakon! It's getting closer!
"They do exist, the places you can live renewed." -Nobuta wo Produce
[align=left]ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

[align=center]思い出せば遙か遙か 未来はどこまでも輝いてた きれいな青空の下で 僕らは少しだけ怯えていた

[/align]
[/align]
[size=75]

[/SIZE]
FukuokaGirl

Postby ashfire » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:45 pm

BBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!
"WHATS THAT UP IN SKY! ITS A BIRD! ITS A PLANE! ITS A FLYING MANHOLE COVER! RRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNN!
YES ITS FLYING MANHOLE COVERS!
A recent story is that a electrical fire in Baltimore blew a manhole cover off the street on Charles Street.
I remember the Otakon a few years ago when most of down town of Baltimore was shut down in front of the convention center because of chemicals that leaked from a burning tank car in the train tunnel that runs near the convention center into the underground drainage system weeks before the con and that weekend the chemicals built up and shot the covers off near the Inner Harbor.
It was nice walking around and across the streets without all the traffic.
ashfire

Postby IchiTone » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:02 am

Wow, yeah....I remember that! For the first time you could literally walk the streets around the con freely with no traffic to stop you. Man, when that manhole came up, it must've been like something out of an action movie. :sweat:
IchiTone

Postby Doubleshadow » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:39 pm

Raining man-hole covers? I shall bring my titanium umbrella.

It approaches, slowly but surely. I'm going to act like a total geek, I just know it. XD
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby NekoChan_C » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:41 pm

YAY for being totally geeky!!! :)
http://myspace.com/shura_no_hana
XBox Gamertag: NekoChan Cruz
PSN Gamer ID: Neko no Ichi
http://neko-chan-cruz.livejournal.com/
NekoChan_C

Postby yukoxholic » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:47 pm

Gah! I can't believe the new guests Otakon announced this morning! I am so excited about DaizyStripper!!! I just can't believe they announced it after pre-reg ended I bet a lot of people are kicking themselves for not regging sooner! :D

Musical Opener #2:
DAIZYSTRIPPER!

Performer:
Kaishi Katsura

Voice Actors/Actresses:
Laura Bailey
Taliesin Jaffee
Mela Lee
Yuri Lowenthal
Tony Oliver
Tara Platt
yukoxholic

Postby meboeck » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:00 am

SpoonyBard (post: 1244002) wrote:You're welcome.

Jerk.
]Nate[/B] said, it'd be nice to have more than just the "core group" of the same 4 guys hanging around. Speaking of which, where's Nathan been? I haven't seen him post in a while.

I haven't really been around the boards lately, but I will be going to Otakon again. I can't wait to see you guys again, and it will be great to meet some new people too! It's weird to think that I'm part of the "core group" of CAA Otakon goers.
*insert poem, quote, or witty comment here*

"If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! -- [color=#cc3322]MOES."
[/color]
meboeck

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:42 pm

meboeck wrote:I haven't really been around the boards lately, but I will be going to Otakon again. I can't wait to see you guys again, and it will be great to meet some new people too! It's weird to think that I'm part of the "core group" of CAA Otakon goers.

You're one of us "cool kids."
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:14 pm

I guess it's wildly late to say that I'm going at this point, huh? :red:

Well, if you see Dr. Forrester from Mystery Science Theater 3000, Matt from Digimon 02, or Celesto from Dominic Deegan, say "Hi" 'cos that's probably me.
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Postby ClosetOtaku » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:01 pm

So -- will there be a CAA meet-up at Otakon?
"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." -- C.S. Lewis
ClosetOtaku

Postby Doubleshadow » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:22 pm

There better be. "Certain person" had been collecting el numeros del telephono after all.

The Sundries
Doubleshadow

Postby ClosetOtaku » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:44 am

Huh, I thought he was going to sell them to some spam list.

"Congratulations! You've just won a trip to the Bahamas..."
"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." -- C.S. Lewis
ClosetOtaku

Postby Slytherine » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:38 am

I'm going.
Because I'm cool like that. LOL.
Going to pick up my pre-reg stuff in like...5 hours. Can't wait!!
Hope to see some CAA people at the con!!
^_^

~Kat
[color="Magenta"]"The trouble with real life is that there's no background music." -Anonymous[/color]

[color="Lime"]"A rose by any other name would be "deadly thorn-bearing assault vegetation."" -Robert Bullock[/color]

[color="Cyan"]"Ok, I'm weird! But I'm saving up to become eccentric." -Anonymous[/color]
Slytherine

Postby yukoxholic » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:10 pm

Thursday badge pick up is soooo long but I will be that line in less than 30 minutes! :D
yukoxholic

Postby Doubleshadow » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:05 pm

Going after chow and my badge. :)

The Sundries
Doubleshadow

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:24 pm

Now Otakon is over, I wonder if we could use this thread to post a few of our favorite cosplay/"normal" pics of us that we took there?
Htom Sirveaux

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:25 pm

Blitzkrieg1701 (post: 1251340) wrote:Well, if you see Dr. Forrester from Mystery Science Theater 3000, Matt from Digimon 02, or Celesto from Dominic Deegan, say "Hi" 'cos that's probably me.

You're doing Matt from 02? Dude, there's only one word that comes to mind right now...

ImageWIN.
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Previous Next

Return to General