What Movies are you Watching?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby jon_jinn » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:47 pm

Jurassic Park was on TV. i was able to catch the last half of the movie.
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Sheenar » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:54 pm

Today I watched Mr. Bean's Holiday and The Last Samurai.

The Last Samurai is now definitely on my favorite movies list. It was amazing.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby jon_jinn » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:02 pm

just got back from Wall-E!! LOVED IT!!

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Sheenar » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:09 pm

Watched Juno tonight --it was good, I was just not expecting some of the sexual content and cursing --but overall, a good movie --and it doesn't glorify teen pregnancy--it shows a pretty realistic picture of it.
Quote: "That ain't no Etch-a-Sketch. That's one doodle you can't get rid of, homeskillet!" XD
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby FukuokaGirl » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:23 am

I watched Charlie Bartlett tonight and I adored it.
It was an excellent indie social commentary. Robert Downy Jr...man I love this guy!

An excellent, amusing, heartbreaking comedy. Gotta love those!
"They do exist, the places you can live renewed." -Nobuta wo Produce
[align=left]ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

[align=center]思い出せば遙か遙か 未来はどこまでも輝いてた きれいな青空の下で 僕らは少しだけ怯えていた

[/align]
[/align]
[size=75]

[/SIZE]
FukuokaGirl

Postby GeneD » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:26 am

Watched Kung Fu Panda with my younger cousins today. Best part was that my mom paid so it was essentially free. XD I thought it was good and I liked Tai Lung, especially the break out sequence. However seeing it in a cinema full of kids was not ideal, especially with some little brat kicking my chair.

Incidentally, I'm probably going to see it again tomorrow with some friends.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby FukuokaGirl » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:07 pm

I just got back from watching Hancock.
I liked it! The sfx were really amazing.
It was surprisingly dark and deep at certain moments.
All in all, I was entertained and impressed.

[/align]
[/align]
[size=75]

[/SIZE]
FukuokaGirl

Postby GhostontheNet » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:44 pm

I just finished watching 28 Weeks Later.
GhostontheNet

Postby Danderson » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:27 pm

Ended up watching the Rookie with my family....And it was the first time that I cried when the dad told his son, "Daddy's gonna be a Professional Baseball Player....."
Danderson

Postby jon_jinn » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:06 pm

my parents are making me watch Chariots of Fire with them. it should be interesting.

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby SManBeyond » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:08 pm

Saw Wall*E last week. Excellent, of course. Also just saw a really interesting movie called Party Monster. It's really dark and really strange, but good.
"Love means to love that which is unlovable; or it is no virtue at all." G. K. Chesterton

Founder of S.T.R.A.W.B.E.R.R.Y. R.H.U.B.A.R.B. P.I.E.

[url=smanbeyond.blogspot.com]My Blog[/url]
SManBeyond

Postby GhostontheNet » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:21 pm

Tonight I watched Hotel Rwanda.
GhostontheNet

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:30 am

Ordinary People - I...I have no words for how amazing this movie is, and I thank whoever it was that linked me to a scene from it; I would never have found out about this otherwise. It's incredibly well-acted, and deals with a very sombre subject matter (death, guilt, and questions of love), but in such a way that leaves you crying, yet filled with hope. I also appreciated how sparing they were about background music; in many cases, music would have almost ruined the emotion of the scene. I also was intrigued by the psychiatrist character, because I have an interest in psychology myself, and it was immensely interesting to see his approach to a boy who feels guilty over his brother's death. I'd say that Ordinary People more than deserved the four awards it got.

The Patriot - Pretty intense war movie, but very good all the same. I think I'd equate it with Last Samurai in terms of the amount of violence and blood. There was even one part where I closed my eyes so I wouldn't have to see what was happening - and I do that very rarely when watching movies. The cast was also full of faces I was familiar with. My jaw dropped completely out of my head when Jason Isaacs came trotting up on a horse, and I was equally surprised when I realized that Gabriel was played by Heath Ledger. And it's interesting, but the part I cried the most for wasn't any of the many deaths throughout the movie. No, it was the part when Sarah, Benjamin's youngest daughter, went running after him crying, "Papa, don't leave! I'll say anything you want me to, just don't leave!" T_T That sounded so much like Elysia Hughes from FMA....
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby eternalprincess » Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:34 am

Get Smart-Okay, this was hilarious. I really need to drag myself over to the theater again. XD

@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
eternalprincess

Location: Texas: Sitting at the computer writing, and explaining anime to someone who found out I'm into it.

Postby Danderson » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:53 pm

Just watched Another Perfect Stranger....Pretty good for an indie film....probably some of the most thought provoking dialogue about a relationship with Jesus that was ever written by man......Though, I must admit it'd almost make a better radio show as it was pretty long and dialogue driven....
Danderson

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:08 pm

Just watched Midnight Run. I was caught by surprise by how good it was. It's been a long time since a movie sucked me in so hard that I was actually tense during the right scenes. I'm usually pretty detached from my films even if I love 'em.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby GeneD » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:16 am

Watched Finding Nemo with my brother and mom this morning.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby FukuokaGirl » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:14 pm

I'm re-watching The Joy Luck Club.
*sob* It's soooo wonderful.

Gene... I LOVE Finding Nemo... after Wall-E, it's my fav Pixar! ^___^

[/align]
[/align]
[size=75]

[/SIZE]
FukuokaGirl

Postby GhostontheNet » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:58 am

Last night I watched WALL•E and tonight I watched 28 Weeks Later.
GhostontheNet

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:34 pm

GhostontheNet (post: 1243191) wrote:Last night I watched WALL•E and tonight I watched 28 Weeks Later.

28 weeks later again? Like that movie much? XD anyways watched like half of Hellboy such an awesome movie. Can't wait to see Hellboy 2 tommorrow night
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:18 pm

I finally managed to get to the theater to see Prince Caspian. Oh man, I loved that movie so much! 8D It was practically perfect. It stayed true to the soul of the book, yet wasn't afraid to go off on tangents and explore various things to make it a completely new experience. Everything looked beautiful, too; the only thing I didn't like was the SusanXCaspian romance.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby FukuokaGirl » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:29 pm

the_wolfs_howl (post: 1243697) wrote: the only thing I didn't like was the SusanXCaspian romance.

I was livid with this~~!~ :mutter::mutter::mutter:
THANKFULLY... I managed to close my eyes at the right moment to avoid seeing anything that would have disturbed this little Narnia loving purist beyond reason. :eh:
All in all, I liked the film a lot though!

I am watching Memoirs of a Geisha! *siiiiiiigh* <333

[/align]
[/align]
[size=75]

[/SIZE]
FukuokaGirl

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:41 am

[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"][color="RoyalBlue"]"Who Framed Roger Rabbit"

I laugh when I think how when I was younger I wasn't allowed to watch the movie because of Jessica Rabbit. Compared to the stuff that's on TV and in anime today, she's TAME!![/color][/SIZE][/font]
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:09 pm

Hellboy 2 .......awesome. Alot slower than the first but still awesome .
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby jon_jinn » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:47 pm

Treasure Planet

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:00 pm

Gabriel. This is a dark Aussie flick.
I loved it. It's basically about arcs (arc angels) and fallen (demons) and Purgatory on Earth.
There was very little cheese, decent acting, sets, soundtrack - all great.
It was very intense, raw, dark and gritty, but also very human too.
There was some messed up theology but some things they got right too.
I went in with no expectations and was blown away.
The movie was made for just under $200,000 Australian which buys you almost half of a Hummer (Humvee for USians).
Amazing. For what it set out to accomplish this movie is very good.
See it now!
(Will help if you enjoyed The Crow, Equilibrium, Van Helsing, Constantine, Dark City - those sort of movies).

8/10
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby GhostontheNet » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:15 am

Tonight I watched Shaun of the Dead and The Ring.
GhostontheNet

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:24 am

Both good movies.
I think you may like 'Gabriel' GhostontheNet.
Give it a go.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Elycien » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:27 am

Saw Wall-E yesterday with my grandparents and cousin and loved it. <333 I think I liked it better than they did, though... ^^;

ImageImageImageImageImage
My dragons ^^ Please click!
Elycien

Postby GhostontheNet » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:15 am

GrubbTheFragger (post: 1243412) wrote:28 weeks later again? Like that movie much? XD
Yeah, 28 Weeks Later really struck a chord in me, and is probably my favorite zombie movie to date. I think the reason I liked it so much was the way the film contrasted bioweapons and serious bioethics quandaries, cold rationalism and the serious moral lapses brought on by the radical reduction of human persons into a subhuman state, false and distorted security, and distinctly technological terrors waiting in the wings when that tenuous security is broken.

Warrior 4 Jesus wrote:Both good movies.
I think you may like 'Gabriel' GhostontheNet.
Give it a go.
Yes, I thought they were very good myself. They were having a closing out sale in the rental selection of my local supermarket, so I crept along the aisles in aimless search of movies with good brains and delicious bargains to feast (my eyes) upon. When all was said and done, I bought 10 great movies for about 45 dollars, including Shaun of the Dead, The Ring, and 28 Weeks Later. I'm afraid I haven't seen or heard of Gabriel yet. What's it about?
GhostontheNet

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment