Conventions 2008!

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Lilac#18 » Sun May 25, 2008 9:36 pm

AsianBlossom (post: 1200349) wrote:Woo-hoo! It's 2008 (um...that was blatantly obvious...), and hopefully, I'll be attending my first convention this year! If you're planning on going to one, which one is it and who will you cosplay as (if you're going to cosplay)?

Oh yeah, and I'll be cosplaying (hopefully) as May from Pokemon...I just have to put more of the costume together as I've only got a Pokeball toy (with Manaphy keychain inside!) and the black socks. Yippee...

I wish I could go to an anime convention,but I have no way of getting there:(. I don't know how to make a costume,but I would cosplay as either sailor moon,(or usagi tsukino in her school uniform) neo queen serenity, sailor saturn,sakura haruno,mew ichigo or miaka yuki (in her priestess clothes).

animedude90 (post: 1229614) wrote:Well, I would like to say that Animazement was a huge success this year. I was able to get Kyle Hebert's, Kara Edwards', Caitlin Glass', and Vic Mignogna's autographs. I really enjoyed it this year. Oh and something happened during the FMA guest panel, but Vic told us not to tell. Sorry that reveal what happened. It wasn't anything bad, it was really cool. And the DBZ guest panel was great as always. The Objection panel was much better this year than it was last year. I enjoyed the Shamisen concert. And I also found both the Japanese Culture and Writing panels to be very interesting. I wasn't able to see many AMVs but they were pretty good. There's too many about Kingdom Hearts if you ask me!

You met the cast of dbz? I wish I was there.:wow!:
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby ADXC » Sun May 25, 2008 9:53 pm

Well it was really just Kara who had done Goten, Gotenks, and Videl. Kyle who did the later narrator and teen Gohan. And Vic who did Broly.

In the FMA it was Caitlin who did Winry. And Vic who did Edward.
ADXC

Postby Lilac#18 » Mon May 26, 2008 11:03 am

Oh,ok, but I would of like to have met Kara Edwards along with Meredith McCoy,Eric Vale and Elise Baughman. also non dbz cast, like to meet Kate Higgins, Stephanie Sheh, Colleen O'Shaughnessey and Brian Donovan
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

Lilac#18

Postby Kamille » Tue May 27, 2008 6:25 am

I also loved Animazement 2008. My favorite part was getting Vic's 'Gospel of John' CD (God bless him) and Vic's autograph. I also loved going to the dbz panel, Vic's personal panel, and the gundam panel. One thing I truly love about Animazement is the many guests they have from Japan. For some reason, the other conventions I've been to haven't had that many, if any, Japanese guests.

Also, sorry for not looking around for other CAA'ers. I had my brother with me and our schedule was pretty tight. But I'm glad I saw some of the same CAA fliers that I saw at last year's Animazement.
"Lives are power." - Kamille Bidan
"I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?" - Christ the Lord (John 11:25-26)

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. - James 1:2-4.

Remember - the Lord will be with you - always. :)
Kamille

Postby ADXC » Tue May 27, 2008 8:27 pm

Yeah, I bought Vic's christian piano cd. It's really very good.
ADXC

Postby Nate » Tue May 27, 2008 10:01 pm

How can a piano be Christian?

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby ADXC » Wed May 28, 2008 8:42 pm

Ok Mr. Picky, I meant a cd that contains piano music by a voice acting christian.
ADXC

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Fri May 30, 2008 8:47 am

He knows that. Nate's just being . . . well . . . Nate.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Kamille » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:34 am

Anyone ever been to Nekocon? How was it for you. I live in North Carolina, and I was debating on whether or not it was worth the two hour commute each day.
"Lives are power." - Kamille Bidan
"I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?" - Christ the Lord (John 11:25-26)

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. - James 1:2-4.

Remember - the Lord will be with you - always. :)
Kamille

Postby ADXC » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:48 pm

Where is Nekocon being held? Im just curious.
ADXC

Postby PokettoKunoichi » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:43 am

Nekokon is held in Hampton Roads, Virginia, I think.

:3 Imma gonna go to Anime Mid Atlantic on Saturday! :3 Hopefully we can glorify God through our otaku celebration. XD

:) Remember, if Jesus is in your life, that all of Heaven is waiting for you. :)
PokettoKunoichi

Postby ADXC » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:55 pm

Man if they weren't so close together, then I'd go. But I don't have a lot of money on me right now due to Animazement.
ADXC

Postby Jaltus-bot » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:51 am

Long live Anime Expo! I'm probably going on either Friday or Saturday.
When I feel blue, I start breathing again.

Asdvadz hedut ullah! (W. Armenian, "May God bless you!")

It's cosplay, get used to it.

"A hero need not speak. For when he is gone, the world will speak for him."

"One of the nice things about diseases of the brain is they tend to slip your mind." Colbert
Jaltus-bot

Postby AsianBlossom » Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:37 pm

Well, that's interesting...it looks like Greg Cipes (Beast Boy) is going to be at Metrocon. Sure, I was excited at first, but then I read his bio.

Needless to say, I'm still praying for him. Don't want to point fingers, but we all need prayer, right?

But at the same time, the realization that my new favorite series is One Piece and that my liking for Teen Titans has faded also came into play. So now it's like, "Okay, so he'll be there."

Just thought that was interesting. There are now a bunch more people on the guest list than there were a while back.
RESPECT THE UNBORN AND CHOOSE LIFE...your mother did.

"Do not underestimate the power of the muffin! The muffin will smite all those who question it! The muffin will crush all nay-sayers! He who controls the muffin shall control the entire world!" -Taishi, Comic Party English Dub
AsianBlossom

Postby Angel Tifa » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:46 pm

I have some good news :angel:! Since I finally started a new job, the chances of my going to AX have increased greatly.

With that said, I'll be going to AX this 2008 all four days and I already registered. It's only two hours away from me and since I can't afford hotel funds this year, I'll plan on driving to and from the convention everyday.

Unfortunatly all the four day badges for Comic Con are sold our as of now because it's getting to be too huge :(. I did at least get to sign up for a one day only on Friday badge. I also registered for Ani-Magic.

So the cons I have planned for this year are:

Anime Expo
Comic Con
Ani-Magic
[color="Purple"]God Is Good All The Time :angel:![/color]
Angel Tifa

Postby mechana2015 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:36 pm

make sure you hit up the AX thread some time so when we start planning a meet, you don't miss out

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby PokettoKunoichi » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:38 pm

Hey everyone! I'm going to Anime Mid Atlantic, any of you going?

:) Remember, if Jesus is in your life, that all of Heaven is waiting for you. :)
PokettoKunoichi

Postby yukoxholic » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:10 am

Kamille (post: 1233350) wrote:Anyone ever been to Nekocon? How was it for you. I live in North Carolina, and I was debating on whether or not it was worth the two hour commute each day.

Nekocon is much smaller than larger conventions such as Otakon and AX. I've been a few times before and I love it. Its not so overwhelming like bigger cons with swarms of people and over crowded hallways. There's still enough attendants though to make it enjoyable! Plus, their dealers room, panels, and such are just as well orchestrated at least in my opinion.

I'll be attending Nekocon this year as well as Otakon but that was a given already stated! XD
yukoxholic

Postby GeneD » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:28 am

I'm going to ICON in Johannesburg in July. It's more a gaming convention as far as I know, but they have an anime feature too.

Possible cosplay as Sir Integra Hellsing, but I'm still thinking about it. The friend I'm going with is not going to be happy with me if I decide not to cosplay. We'll see.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby minakichan » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:55 pm

Anyone going to New York Anime Festival in September?

I'm thinking of doing it..... and volunteering in the maid cafe O_O. I... I love maid outfits... and they give it to you for FREE... but I'm afraid I will scare people with my extreme gender ambiguity >_>; ("DUDE, is that a GUY dressed as a lolita maid...?" er, well, I suppose it's not that uncommon anymore...)

A friend and I are possibly rooming together, but we need more people to keep the cost low! SO WHO'S GOING, EH? XD
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby AsianBlossom » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:15 am

Sooooo...Metrocon is just around the corner! Who's going?

We need to pick an event on Friday or Saturday if we want to say hi to each other...preferably during the daytime.

"Do not underestimate the power of the muffin! The muffin will smite all those who question it! The muffin will crush all nay-sayers! He who controls the muffin shall control the entire world!" -Taishi, Comic Party English Dub
AsianBlossom

Postby NekoChan_C » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:17 am

AsianBlossom (post: 1242344) wrote:Sooooo...Metrocon is just around the corner! Who's going?

We need to pick an event on Friday or Saturday if we want to say hi to each other...preferably during the daytime.

*Nekochan jumps up and down, waving arms fanatically* Me! Meeeeeee! I'm going!!! ^_^ Is anyone planning on attending the Fantasy Masquerade? That's when my lil sis and all her crew is meeting up, because the masquerade can tend to be a bit off putting if you're going by yourself... as.. I am... *sighs* sooo... maybe either during or before the event? I wanna meet people!! >_<
http://myspace.com/shura_no_hana
XBox Gamertag: NekoChan Cruz
PSN Gamer ID: Neko no Ichi
http://neko-chan-cruz.livejournal.com/
NekoChan_C

Postby FukuokaGirl » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:13 pm

I'll definitely be hitting up Otakon this year! I am so stoked.
I am going to be cosplaying as Re-L Mayer from Ergo Proxy.
It seems there's going to be a rather good group~~!~
Can't wait to meet up with all of you! XD

<3
"They do exist, the places you can live renewed." -Nobuta wo Produce
[align=left]ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

[align=center]思い出せば遙か遙か 未来はどこまでも輝いてた きれいな青空の下で 僕らは少しだけ怯えていた

[/align]
[/align]
[size=75]

[/SIZE]
FukuokaGirl

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:32 pm

Sorrrrrry, but I won't be attending Metrocon like originally planned.

Sorry, Asianblossom! T_T
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby yukoxholic » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:35 pm

FukuokoGirl you're going to Otakon! Yay! :D Yeah, I'm thinking of starting an Otakon 2008 thread for meet-up talks. XD It's getting pretty close! ^__^

Ooo! and Ergo Proxy cosplay, awesome! I wish I could've cosplayed.. :( But didn't have the time or the want this year. :D
yukoxholic

Postby FukuokaGirl » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:07 pm

haha... not everyone cosplays.
When I went to AX last year, I didn't really go as anyone.. just a school girl outfit. (Which is what I think I'll be wearing on the last day of Otakon. I don't wanna be Re-L all three days.)

Otakon just announced The Underneath will be playing on Sunday~~!~ Anyone who is into visual kei music will know their name. I'm stoked~~!~

Just a few more weeks minna~ XD Otakon or bust!

[/align]
[/align]
[size=75]

[/SIZE]
FukuokaGirl

Postby yukoxholic » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:17 pm

FukuokaGirl (post: 1243687) wrote:haha... not everyone cosplays.
When I went to AX last year, I didn't really go as anyone.. just a school girl outfit. (Which is what I think I'll be wearing on the last day of Otakon. I don't wanna be Re-L all three days.)

Otakon just announced The Underneath will be playing on Sunday~~!~ Anyone who is into visual kei music will know their name. I'm stoked~~!~

Just a few more weeks minna~ XD Otakon or bust!

Oh, I used to always cosplay or do a sub culture :D This is the first year I am not cosplaying/doing something Lolita XD

I am so excited about The Underneath (formally: Transtic Nerve)! and Marbell I absolutely adore! *__* I cannot believe she will be the opening act! XD I am about ready to squeal like a fan girl with excitement XD

YES! I Know! I cannot wait until August!! ^__^
yukoxholic

Postby FukuokaGirl » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:24 pm

When I went to AX last year... I had front row seats (though I wasn't sitting down at all...well, unless you count the 2 hour delay we had to wait!) for the S.K.I.N. concert.
(Gackt, Yoshiki from X-Japan, Sugizo from Luna Sea, and Miyavi)
And let me tell you.... I DID scream like a fangirl. For them... I AM a fangirl. XD XD XD
*_* *_* *_* <3 <3 <3

Anyway... I don't think ANYTHING can top that concert... buuuut this year's Otakon is going to be amazing too. I'm totally stoked about Yamaguchi Kappei. GAWD! L L L L~~!~

Anyone else going to Otakon?

[/align]
[/align]
[size=75]

[/SIZE]
FukuokaGirl

Postby yukoxholic » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:32 pm

FukuokaGirl (post: 1243700) wrote:When I went to AX last year... I had front row seats (though I wasn't sitting down at all...well, unless you count the 2 hour delay we had to wait!) for the S.K.I.N. concert.
(Gackt, Yoshiki from X-Japan, Sugizo from Luna Sea, and Miyavi)
And let me tell you.... I DID scream like a fangirl. For them... I AM a fangirl. XD XD XD
*_* *_* *_* <3 <3 <3

Anyway... I don't think ANYTHING can top that concert... buuuut this year's Otakon is going to be amazing too. I'm totally stoked about Yamaguchi Kappei. GAWD! L L L L~~!~

Anyone else going to Otakon?

Gosh, I know I wish I couldn've seen S.K.I.N and see Miyavi x___x as well as Anna Tsuchiya. >__> AX gets a ton of awesome bands/artists like Shoko and GLAY for this year.

Yeah, I will most definitely be in the Yamaguchi Kappei line if he does an autograph session or panel. I am hoping for both. XD This year's Otakon is pretty awesome but it's also a bit of a mish/mash of artists/guests. It is like nothing goes together at all. I think they are catering to everyone this year what with JAM for the otaku and MarBell and The Underneath for JRock fans, Kano Sisters though....I have NO IDEA why they got them but they are big names! :D
yukoxholic

Postby AsianBlossom » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:47 pm

Mr. SmartyPants (post: 1242815) wrote:Sorrrrrry, but I won't be attending Metrocon like originally planned.

Sorry, Asianblossom! T_T

Awwww...well, life happens. And hey, there'll be other conventions, right?

AsianBlossom

Previous Next

Return to General