Talk about anything in here.

ramen

Postby initialdfreak » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:24 pm

whats your favorite flavor? mines beef / roast beef :lol:
initialdfreak

Postby Tsukuyomi » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:45 pm

Ramen isn't my favorite, but I would have to say shrimp <3
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Gypsy » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:03 pm

Yeah, I'm gonna have to go with shrimp too.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby initialdfreak » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:18 pm

mmmm... never had but id say it sounds good
initialdfreak

Postby Syreth » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:54 am

It all kinda tastes the same to me. I prefer it a bit spicy, though.
Syreth

Postby Gabriel 9.0 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:26 am

Well, I'm not particularly fond of Ramen.

But when I actually have the stuff. I like Beef, Oriental and cheddar flavor.
Some of my favorite scriptures.

Psalm91
A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

Hebrews 4-4
1Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
2For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
3For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
4For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

James 4
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.

Revelation 22:14
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
Gabriel 9.0

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:35 am

I usually prepare mine in chicken broth and skip on the packet (too much MSG). It tastes wonderful.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby ADXC » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:35 am

Im going to go with either beef or chicken ramen. I did try shrimp one time, but it didn't turn out so good(Serves me right for getting Instant ramen.). But I would like to try a more spicy kind.
ADXC

Postby sharien chan » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:04 am

I'm special and like it without the flavoring XD
sharien chan

Postby minakichan » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:12 am

I prefer udon and Taiwanese noodles...
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby eternalprincess » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:06 am

One word: "Shrimp!"

<3

@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
eternalprincess

Location: Texas: Sitting at the computer writing, and explaining anime to someone who found out I'm into it.

Postby SnoringFrog » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:12 am

I used to always go with the spices ones, but not I prefer something more plain ((Beef if we've got it, last time I used Pork)) and I spice it up myself.

I'm kinda new/dumb to the world of spices though, so I kinda just throw stuff in and see how it comes out. Last time it was Pork Ramen w/ Red Pepper, Rosemary, and this red pepper mix we bought called 'Shichimi Togarashi" ((red pepper, roasted orange peel, yellow sesame seed, black sesame seed, Japanese pepper, sea weed, ginger--that's the full ingredients)). It was quite good.
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby ShiroiHikari » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:24 am

Ramen = me no likey. Too much salt, not enough nutrition.

Dude, SnoringFrog, that Shichimi Togarashi stuff sounds AMAZING. I'd love to have some of that stuff to cook with.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby fairyprincess90 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:33 am

I used to eat ramen alot...but now I'm on a low sodium diet. Ramen is off limits totally. But Raiden no Kishi seems to have a pretty splendid idea there. hmmmm. I'll have to try it sometimes..

But, anyways. When i DID eat ramen. I loved Shrimp, Chicken, Creamy Chicken, and Oriental flavors the best. =]
fairyprincess90

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:34 am

This is the best.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby SnoringFrog » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:42 am

ShiroiHikari (post: 1241484) wrote:Ramen = me no likey. Too much salt, not enough nutrition.

Dude, SnoringFrog, that Shichimi Togarashi stuff sounds AMAZING. I'd love to have some of that stuff to cook with.

I love the stuff. Not sure where we bought it, because I've never seen it anywhere, but I love finding excuses to use it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shichimi
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
SnoringFrog

Postby AsianBlossom » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:31 pm

I luv creamy chicken! And here's what I throw in on a regular basis:

Teriyaki sauce, curry powder, a pinch of cinnamon, the flavor packet, one raw scrambled egg (don't worry; it gets cooked once you pour the ramen on top), and frozen peas. By adding the egg and frozen peas, you don't need to use ice to cool down your ramen, and it doesn't dilute the broth. Mmmmm...
RESPECT THE UNBORN AND CHOOSE LIFE...your mother did.

"Do not underestimate the power of the muffin! The muffin will smite all those who question it! The muffin will crush all nay-sayers! He who controls the muffin shall control the entire world!" -Taishi, Comic Party English Dub
AsianBlossom

Postby SnoringFrog » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:11 pm

Creamy Chicken is the one I didn't really care for, but w/ what all you added, it sounds like it'd been worth trying again. Heck, that combo of things sounds good for most flavors of ramen, I suppose.
SnoringFrog

Postby initialdfreak » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:38 pm

minakichan (post: 1241452) wrote:I prefer udon and Taiwanese noodles...

whats udon? is it similar to ramen in any way?
initialdfreak

Postby Song_of_Storms » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:01 pm

Udon: thick, white Japanese noodles made from wheat flour, often served in soup

At least that's what dictionary.com called it. ^^;
ImageImage ImageImageImage
Song_of_Storms

Postby Lilac#18 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:38 pm

My favorite flavors are:

1.Cajun Chicken
2.Shrimp
3.Shrimp Picante
4.Oriental
5.Pork
6.Chicken
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby Mithrandir » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:45 pm

I go for the standard Chicken Ramen, with fresh ground black pepper, chili oil, various frozen veggies, and other spices.
Mithrandir

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:05 pm

I've totally got a crate of brine ramen in my pantry if anyone seriously wants to drive to STL to pick it up. :p Also, I'd really like to try actual ramen. Like real shop ramen, not the instant junk.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:34 am

Goodness Kara, that sig is a bit big!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Sheenar » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:25 am

I currently have a box (or plat...whatever it's called) of ramen in my dorm --I think 24 packets --half chicken, half beef.
I also really like the ramen that comes in a cup --with the vegetables --I pretty much like all flavors of those. And the won ton soup that comes in a cup is pretty good too --the sweet and sour flavor is awesome (not filling, though).
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby NekoChan_C » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:59 am

I love ramen... all ramen... and this darn thread is making me hungry for ramen right now... *sigh*
http://myspace.com/shura_no_hana
XBox Gamertag: NekoChan Cruz
PSN Gamer ID: Neko no Ichi
http://neko-chan-cruz.livejournal.com/
NekoChan_C

Postby joshua8416 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:04 pm

My Top 3 Foods Are
1 Fried Chicken
2 Calamari
3 Fried Chicken Livers Mmmmmm
joshua8416

Postby AsianBlossom » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:20 am

Hmm...can't say I'm too crazy about the "Instant cup" variety of ramen. I think it's because I tend to overcook my ramen so it's really soft...I'm too used to that. XD

I'd also like to try real ramen though. I think I read somewhere that ramen varies according to region, so one is known for such-and-such type of ramen, and another for that such-and-such type of ramen. Kind of like how you can get different types of pizza from New York and Chicago, I guess.
RESPECT THE UNBORN AND CHOOSE LIFE...your mother did.

"Do not underestimate the power of the muffin! The muffin will smite all those who question it! The muffin will crush all nay-sayers! He who controls the muffin shall control the entire world!" -Taishi, Comic Party English Dub
AsianBlossom

Postby NekoChan_C » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:12 am

Because of this thread, I actually sought out a ramen recipe online and bought the ingredients to make my own ramen on Friday... I used shiitake mushrooms, dried kelp, scallions, a boiled egg, chicken slices (was going to use pork, but I tend to be wary of pork when I'm pregnant) and teriyaki sauce/soy sauce... it was fantastic! \(^o^)/
... Now I just have to learn to cook a really good tempura and I'll be set! ^_^
http://myspace.com/shura_no_hana
XBox Gamertag: NekoChan Cruz
PSN Gamer ID: Neko no Ichi
http://neko-chan-cruz.livejournal.com/
NekoChan_C

Postby Technomancer » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:35 am

I'll go for the curry chicken flavour, or the spicy seafood if I can get it. Usually I mix a lot of other stuff in though like what I had yesterday:

ramen
hungarian roasted red pepper sauce
arugula
diced tomato
chorizo sausage
chilpotle chili powder
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Next

Return to General