Soul Eater

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Soul Eater

Postby blkmage » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:24 pm

Anyone else following it? I picked it up a few days ago and got myself caught up. The animation and style is very, very awesome, and the premise and characters are pretty interesting. The plot so far does seem sort of in pieces, but I imagine that's going to pick up eventually.
blkmage

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:56 pm

I follow the manga but haven't been motivated to watch the anime (they're basically the same, from what I hear). Yes, the plot will smooth out a bit, but it retains the quirky style.
uc pseudonym

Postby Tsukuyomi » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:24 pm

I"ve heard of this "Soul Eater", but never checked it out. Is it any good?
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby blkmage » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:02 pm

So I just got myself caught up in the manga. I can't wait to see it animated. It could be that I'm bored with the characters that are in the other manga that I'm following, but I really like this cast and their quirks.
blkmage

Postby EricTheFred » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:14 am

Not a whole lot of continuous story line, but a pretty good anime. I like the animation style, too. The art is like Jing or Trigun as re-imagined by Tim Burton. I've watched raws up to episode 10 (which I think is more-or-less current) and fansubs for about half of them, and I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May He cause His face to shine upon you.
May He lift up His countenance and grant you peace.

Maokun: Ninjas or Pirates? (Vikings are not a valid answer, sorry)

EricTheFred: Vikings are always a valid answer.

Feel free to visit My Writing.com Portfolio

Largo: "Well Ed, good to see ya. Guess I gotta beat the crap out of you now."

Jamie Hyneman: "It's just another lovely day at the bomb range. Birds are singing, rabbits are hopping about, and soon there's going to be a big explosion."
EricTheFred

Postby king atlantis » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:41 am

[color="Red"]i just started reading it on one-manga...lots of fan service, but the quirky cast has kept me reading.
plus, i like the idea of the weopon being a hungry teen XDD[/color]
im a back.
king atlantis

Postby Elycien » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:24 am

I've heard of this, and it looks intriguing... reminds me of Bleach with more focus on the "sentient/living weapon" thing, which is nice, because I've always been fascinated with the zanpakuto/wielder relationships and Tite Kubo doesn't do enough with it. XD I'll have to start reading or watching this one.

ImageImageImageImageImage
My dragons ^^ Please click!
Elycien

Postby blkmage » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:36 pm

I can see why people might immediately think of Bleach when they see this, but it really doesn't feel like Bleach. I am enjoying the interactions between the weapons and masters a lot.
blkmage

Postby guitargeekette » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:10 am

This anime is AWESOME. I love the fact that it finishes at 51 and the plot and charcters are so relatable. This anime is a win.
Perfecting the art of being me...:jump:

http://guitargeekette.deviantart.com/
Check out my artwork if you like.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
guitargeekette

Postby mechana2015 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:16 am

The club I attend is watching this and I'm finding it very enjoyable, particularly Death the Kid and his neuroses.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby blkmage » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:53 pm

The anime original final arc isn't bad, but I don't like it as much because it means we will never be able to see all of the cool stuff that is going on in the manga right now.
blkmage

Postby Elycien » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:46 am

I've finally started watching this and I love it. <3 And I'm glad I have a whole anime to watch, because I'm caught up on the manga and the fact that it only updates monthly is going to kill me. XDDD;;;

It's got some very interesting spins on the normal shounen tropes, and I love all the characters so much. Even Medusa, despicable as she is, makes for a really great villain, the type you love to hate (her relationship with Crona, her manipulativeness, and her creepy chemistry with Stein are some of my favorite/hated things about her.)

ImageImageImageImageImage
My dragons ^^ Please click!
Elycien

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews