What Movies are you Watching?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Fish and Chips » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:53 pm

Corrie and I just sat down and enjoyed The Prestige for the 2nd/Xth time.
Fish and Chips

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:55 pm

Last night, Daymon and I watched Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. (I'm trying to prep him for seeing Crystal Skull, so of course we're watching The Last Crusade next.) To my surprise, he actually liked Temple of Doom a lot, whereas I don't much care for it at all. o_o
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Solid Ronin » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:57 pm

First Blood a few days ago.

...I just wanted something to eat...
Solid Ronin

Postby Nate » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:58 pm

Today, a few hours ago, I watched Rocky for the first time ever.

It was epic. That's all that need be said.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Sheenar » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:36 pm

Nate, you poor deprived person...:)

Today, right before I left to go on the outing, there was a movie on TV that was hilarious (the 30 minutes of it that I saw was, anyway). I looked it up tonight on the TV listings and the movie is called Better Off Dead. I definitely want to see this in full when I get the opportunity -- I love these silly 80s movies...
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby eternalprincess » Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:09 am

Fish and Chips (post: 1233851) wrote:Corrie and I just sat down and enjoyed The Prestige for the 2nd/Xth time.

I love that movie. Haven't watched in a bit though. *makes mental note*

U.S. Marshalls
Beverly Hills Cop

Gotta love AMC. XD

@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
eternalprincess

Location: Texas: Sitting at the computer writing, and explaining anime to someone who found out I'm into it.

Postby GeneD » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:09 pm

I watched Paprika yesterday. Needless to say I tried not to dream last night. ;)
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:13 pm

Nate (post: 1233854) wrote:Today, a few hours ago, I watched Rocky for the first time ever.

It was epic. That's all that need be said.

I was totally caught off-guard by that movie (no pun intended). I didn't expect it to be so awesome.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:21 pm

[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"][color="RoyalBlue"]I've been watching sequel movies for some reason...I finished the "Back to the Future" trilogy yesterday, and now I'm watching Short Circuit and Short Circuit 2;

Number "Johnny" 5 FTW![/color][/SIZE][/font]
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby jon_jinn » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:10 pm

watched The Great Debaters. an excellent movie that really moved me.
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:34 pm

Watched Adam sandlers Reign over me and wow Adam sandler gave the performance of his career during that movie. Very moving, the scene when Charlie finally tells his "story" was so emotional. So well done and acting. Great film
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:00 am

Spider-Man 3. Pfft. My perceptions of the movie, oddly, didn't change a jot from when I saw it in theaters a year ago. I gagged through the romance scenes, and cried at the ending. Watching that movie is like experiencing bipolar disorder.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby GeneD » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:34 am

Watched Star Trek: First Contact this afternoon. Anything to not be studying.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby minakichan » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:18 pm

Watched The Prestige yesterday, something I've been meaning to do for quite a while.

It was pretty epic.
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby jon_jinn » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:24 pm

currently watching Always - Sunset on Third Street. quite an interesting movie. a change from the usual.

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:34 pm

minakichan (post: 1234250) wrote:Watched The Prestige yesterday, something I've been meaning to do for quite a while.

It was pretty epic.

That is one of my all time favorite movies. XD Glad you liked it! 8D
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:51 pm

I recently saw Iron Man in theaters. I loved every minute of it - even the end credits, which were quite fun.

[spoiler]However, the bit after the credits I found a bit cheesy. I'm sorry, but I can't take Samuel L. Jackson seriously, especially with that black leather eyepatch on. Nope. Can't do it.[/spoiler]

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby jon_jinn » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:42 pm

finished Always, starting on Always 2. man oh man. that was quite a moving film.

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby eternalprincess » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:17 pm

WarGames.

@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
eternalprincess

Location: Texas: Sitting at the computer writing, and explaining anime to someone who found out I'm into it.

Postby GhostontheNet » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:53 pm

I just finished watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
GhostontheNet

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:16 pm

I watched The Dirty Dozen (1967). A very enjoyable and thought-provoking thriller/action war movie. The acting is spot on and the pacing is great.
I don't like war movies (find most boring) but this one was great.
The only negatives were the 1960's hair and clothing styles of some of the women (and it's meant to be the early 1940's!)

9/10
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby TallHobbit86 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:19 pm

I'm rewatching Spider-Man 2 atm. ^_^
King Moonracer: Don't tell me I need a root canal. This is a secret message... XD
Hermey the Elf, D.D.S: You need a root canal. Secret Bumping Club Member #9
King Moonracer: I asked you not to tell me that. geocities.com/arphage/sbc.html
TallHobbit86

Postby Kurama » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:49 pm

Speeed Racer!!!!!!!!!1
Kurama

Postby TallHobbit86 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:51 pm

I saw Rescuing Dawn, a movie about POWs during the Vietnam War. It was pretty good. ^_^
King Moonracer: Don't tell me I need a root canal. This is a secret message... XD
Hermey the Elf, D.D.S: You need a root canal. Secret Bumping Club Member #9
King Moonracer: I asked you not to tell me that. geocities.com/arphage/sbc.html
TallHobbit86

Postby jon_jinn » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:52 pm

Always 2 - Sunset on 3rd Street

improves upon the first movie in virtually every area. more romance in this movie. but it's not cheesy and it's not overbearing. perfect blend of drama, comedy, and romance. incredibly suspenseful and also extremely dramatic and sentimental. seriously probably one of the best asian drama movies i've ever seen.

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:57 pm

Just watched There Will Be Blood.

OhmygoshIwassoBORED. Seriously there was no dialogue in the first 15+ minutes and I felt like there was very little continuity in the story. I dunno how it got nominated for so many Oscars, aside from the fact that Daniel Day-Lewis's acting was pretty okay. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:03 pm

I just saw Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Not bad, but nothing beats Last Crusade.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:03 pm

She's the Man.

Besides some implied nudity it was quite funny. Ridiculous but it worked.
As far as romantic comedies go (of which I'm not a fan) it was pretty good.
7/10

In contrast I gave The Notebook 8/10.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Danderson » Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:47 pm

Watched Bridge to Terribithia last night.....

Very good movie......Though, for some odd reason I didn't cry near the end part.....like it seems everyone else done....
Danderson

Postby ich1990 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:14 pm

Note: I have a clearplay dvd player, so I cannot avouch for the negative content in these movies.

The Prestige: I watched it with my family upon the recommendation of practically everyone on this site and the majority of my friends. Holy Crow! That was one of the darkest movies I have ever seen. If I was expecting such a movie, I would have probably watched it by myself and analysed it. I don't think my family will ever forgive me. Definately not a feel-good Saturday evening family movie.

The Transporter: I did not expect to enjoy this movie so much. The soundtrack and fight scenes were awesome, and I actually liked the main character! I am still trying to decide if the funny parts of the movie are intentional or not.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment