What Movies are you Watching?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Amzi Live » Tue May 13, 2008 7:26 pm

Saw The Great Debaters
Really good!:thumb::thumb:
[font="Arial Narrow"] Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name. Psalm86:11[/font]
Proud lurker? Join MOES,and help us stay cool.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Amzi Live

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Tue May 13, 2008 7:49 pm

Watched The invincible iron man (animated). Not nearly as good as the live action but still for an american animation it was impressive good epic scope but the story line seemed to drag on quiet a bit. Also watched License to wed and it was hilarious. One of my favirote robin williams movies.
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby GhostontheNet » Wed May 14, 2008 2:28 am

Tonight I watched Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street and Andrew Lloyd Webber's The Phantom of the Opera.
GhostontheNet

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Wed May 14, 2008 9:52 am

I've started watching the old Dune movie. Pfft. The effects and acting make me laugh a lot. Especially the shields. And everyone's so melodramatic :eyeroll: I was pleased to recognize some actors like Brad Dourif, though.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby jon_jinn » Wed May 14, 2008 5:39 pm

watching All Quiet on the Western Front for history class. *sigh* war...what a horrible thing...
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Danderson » Wed May 14, 2008 7:09 pm

Went to watch Speed Racer this afternoon with my bro and a buddy....we ended up being the only ones in the theater.....no idea why.....

I definetly liked it especially how true the Wachowski Bros kept to keeping it a live-action anime movie.....which, oddly enough, almost felt like too much at times.....And that's coming from a guy who adores the Matrix Trilogy.....
Danderson

Postby GhostontheNet » Fri May 16, 2008 1:13 am

Tonight I watched My First Mister and Beetlejuice.

minakichan (post: 1226020) wrote:Oooh, how was it? It's on my list, but I don't know if/when I'll get around to it.
Fritz Lang's Metropolis is very excellent - one of my favorite films in fact.
GhostontheNet

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri May 16, 2008 6:37 am

Danderson (post: 1226285) wrote:Went to watch Speed Racer this afternoon with my bro and a buddy....we ended up being the only ones in the theater.....no idea why.....

That happened to me once (not with Speed Racer). My family were the only people in the theater. Kinda nice, actually.

Last night I watched Bridge to Terabithia for the second time. That movie is amazing. Even though I knew exactly where the parts were that I cried at before (having read the book and watched the movie once before), I was still a mess of tears by the end. Josh Hutcherson can act, dude.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Fri May 16, 2008 3:54 pm

While not actually a movie, I just got the complete Twin Peaks collection. I'm on episode 3 so far and I already love it. Dang fine coffee, indeed.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby jon_jinn » Fri May 16, 2008 5:09 pm

rewatching Cowboy Bebop: The Movie.

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby eternalprincess » Fri May 16, 2008 8:46 pm

Well, today I watched . . .
*Die Hard
*Sniper
*Signs
*League of Extrodinary Gentlemen

@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
eternalprincess

Location: Texas: Sitting at the computer writing, and explaining anime to someone who found out I'm into it.

Postby QtheQreater » Sat May 17, 2008 8:44 pm

Just finished Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds". Why oh why is this thing a classic? I nearly died of boredom. :drool:
The sometime President of the Goof Off!

Image Image
QtheQreater

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sat May 17, 2008 9:50 pm

Dead Alive........the bloodiest Zombie movie ever made.......so funny too. Automtive Transfusion a weird underground zombie movie had one of the worst scenes in any movie ever *shudder* so sick, and Chronicles of Narnia Prince caspian and it was epic.

GrubbTheFragger

Postby jon_jinn » Sat May 17, 2008 11:01 pm

just got back from Prince Caspian.

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Danderson » Sun May 18, 2008 8:42 pm

Finally finished the Bourne Trilogy with the Bourne Ultimaium. Overall twas very good story telling and cinemetography, but I think part of me was hoping for more....what "more"?....I really don't know....
Danderson

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sun May 18, 2008 9:11 pm

watched room 1408 and Scream today. Both were excellent. I have been on a big horror movie kick recently.

GrubbTheFragger

Postby Stephen » Sun May 18, 2008 9:34 pm

Watched I'm Not There today. Great film. I did not think I would like it, since I am not a huge music movie fan...or a Bob Dylan fan. But it was a fun movie.
Stephen

Postby GhostontheNet » Tue May 20, 2008 1:52 am

Tonight I watched J-Horror Anthology Legends and The Grudge.
GhostontheNet

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Tue May 20, 2008 3:24 am

I finished watching Dune. Oh lol, that's such a horrible movie! XP I laughed at just about everything, it was so cheesy! But the sand worms were pretty much exactly the way I pictured them (too much rumbling, though), and Alia was perfect. That girl was seriously freaky :wow!:

I also watched I, Robot for the umpteenth time. I love that movie! :cool:

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Wed May 21, 2008 9:28 am

I watched a lesser known horror/thriller last night. Frailty it was actually really good. I have big respect for a horror movie now a days that shows non of the actual killings and leaves alot to the imagination. Almost bloodless, good flick.

GrubbTheFragger

Postby GhostontheNet » Thu May 22, 2008 1:55 am

Tonight I watched Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
GhostontheNet

Postby Kurama » Thu May 22, 2008 7:19 pm

Just watched Van Helsing. I enjoyed it some and some. *loves Gabriel*
Kurama

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Thu May 22, 2008 7:57 pm

Watched Evil Dead last night and it was easily the most terrifying movie i have ever seen.

GrubbTheFragger

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Thu May 22, 2008 11:13 pm

just finished Platoon and all i can say is wow....great movie. Deffently made my top 10

GrubbTheFragger

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Fri May 23, 2008 12:48 am

[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"][color="RoyalBlue"]For some unknown reason, I started watching "What About Bob?"...

This movie bursting with WIN.[/color][/SIZE][/font]
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby GeneD » Fri May 23, 2008 1:00 am

I watched Must Love Dogs yesterday. Some parts of it were actually funny and it was better than what I had expected.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby Kurama » Fri May 23, 2008 6:23 am

Oh What about bob was HILARIOUS!!!!
=D

And I had recently watched Iron Man, I plan to see it again soon. ^_^
Kurama

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sat May 24, 2008 1:28 am

I last watched Enchanted. Loved the first half, hated the second half. Which means I give it a 5/10.

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby GhostontheNet » Sat May 24, 2008 1:56 am

Tonight I watched Godzilla: King of the Monsters and The Grudge 2.
GhostontheNet

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sat May 24, 2008 8:05 pm

Indiana Jones and the kingdom of the krystal skull. i give this 0,o as my review

GrubbTheFragger

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment