Conventions 2008!

Talk about anything in here.

Postby AsianBlossom » Sat May 03, 2008 5:22 am

NekoChan_C (post: 1222516) wrote:FINALLY!!!! SOMEONE ELSE ATTENDING METROCON!!!! ^_^ I am a Metro Vet, having gone each year (except the first, cant believe I missed that one! >.<) and was hoping someone else from CAA would be going... YAY!!

EDIT: Make that TWO people!!! YES!!!! I hope to see you guys at Metro, I don't have alot of anime friends to really hang with or even see there... it's usually just me and my little sister hanging out all weekend, maybe with a friend or two of hers... but I want to meet new people and have fun and exciting times!! ^_^

YAAAAAAY!!!!! More Metrocon people!!!!! Somebody like soooooo totally has to make a CAA sign so we can all hang out!!

So that makes...three, now?

-NekoChan_C
-Kurama
-Me...j/k AsianBlossom

And my brother will be there too. ^_^
RESPECT THE UNBORN AND CHOOSE LIFE...your mother did.

"Do not underestimate the power of the muffin! The muffin will smite all those who question it! The muffin will crush all nay-sayers! He who controls the muffin shall control the entire world!" -Taishi, Comic Party English Dub
AsianBlossom

Postby minakichan » Sat May 03, 2008 3:23 pm

PLUH.

IS ANYONE GOING TO FANIME?

I found out from the Darker than Black LJ comm that my favorite seiyuu in the whole wide world, Kiuchi Hidenobu (seiyuu for Oshitari Yuushi from Prince of Tennis, Tenma from Monster, Hei from Darker than Black, Ran Ryuuren from Saiunkoku), is going, with epicness like THIS:

Karaoke with Oshitari!: 3-4PM

Fanime is providing attendees a once-in-a-lifetime chance to sing with a professional seiyuu (voice actor). All singers -- whether you can hit the high notes in Phantom of the Opera, or only sing in the shower -- are invited to join GoH Kiuchi Hidenobu in our karaoke room for some rousing group renditions of Prince of Tennis songs. (Don't worry if you don't know the words, we'll provide lyric sheets.) The more, the merrier!

I am SO jealous, I want to goooooo. Someone get an autograph for me... ;___;
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby yukoxholic » Sat May 03, 2008 3:46 pm

Metrocon's oatku are getting Johnny Yong Bosch, Yaya Han, and Johnny's band Eyeshine! I am so envious. I want to mail someone my CDs so you can get them signed for me! ^__^ If I had known sooner I would've totally gone to Metrocon! I must think of a way to get there ASAP.

I also wanted to go to Fanime to see An Cafe because seeing them live would've made my day. Just like if I could've seen TMR again at New York Comic Con. :(
yukoxholic

Postby ADXC » Sat May 10, 2008 10:56 pm

Animazement is just less than two weeks away. Is anyone else going?
ADXC

Postby Kamille » Thu May 15, 2008 6:05 am

animedude90 (post: 1225158) wrote:Animazement is just less than two weeks away. Is anyone else going?

I'm going.
"Lives are power." - Kamille Bidan
"I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?" - Christ the Lord (John 11:25-26)

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. - James 1:2-4.

Remember - the Lord will be with you - always. :)
Kamille

Postby Rev. Doc » Thu May 15, 2008 6:12 am

animedude90 (post: 1225158) wrote:Animazement is just less than two weeks away. Is anyone else going?

I'll be staffing volunteers and Con/Ops. Drop by and say hello.:thumb:
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby Kurama » Thu May 15, 2008 6:51 am

JACON for me on SATURDAY.

YEP. Vincent Valentine.

Hope someone might be going...<_<
Kurama

Postby Roy Mustang » Thu May 15, 2008 9:55 am

I felt that I should post an update for the AWA con.

We have a pretty good guest list for the con and they are still adding more.

The big guests of honor are Peter Fernandez and Corinne Orr. Fernandez did the voice of Speed Racer and Orr did the voice of Spritle and Trixie.

Also on the guest list is,

Travis Willingham, Vic Mignogna, Monica Rial, Amy Howard Wilson and Amy Howard Wilson

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby Noblewreck » Sun May 18, 2008 1:34 pm

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="Lime"]Animazement is next weekend in Durham, N.C. I'm planning to take my nephew there this year. Is there many CAAers going to Animazement?[/color][/font]
Noblewreck

Postby ADXC » Sun May 18, 2008 9:57 pm

So it seems Kamille, Rev. Doc, Noblewreck, Blitzkrieg1701, and myself are going to Animazement. Yay! So at least 5 CAAins(Sorry Im note sure of the correct term for us.) are going. Should we all meet up somewhere during the convention? And if so, where? Also how many times have you guys been to Animazement. This will be my third time going so I know where everything is or at least where it was from the year before. Geez looks like Im the youngest, oh well. The guests for Animazement this year are as follows: Takako Furukawa, Keiko Han, Akira Kamiya, Takeshi Kusao, Kotono Mitsuishi, Jouji Nakata, Jouji Nakata, Michihiko Suwa, Koichi Tsunoda, Kumiko Watanabe, Yasuo Yamaguchi, Maya Yamao, Kara Edwards, Caitlin Glass, Kyle Hebert, Scott Houle, and Vic Mignogna. But you guys who have viewed the site new that already.
ADXC

Postby Noblewreck » Mon May 19, 2008 9:56 pm

[color="Lime"]Yeah. We all need to get together at one point. Maybe do lunch. Animazement here we come!, LORD willing.[/color]
Noblewreck

Postby ADXC » Mon May 19, 2008 10:09 pm

Maybe the restuarant that's in the hotel on Saturday for lunch, maybe? I dunno, whatever y'all want to do.
ADXC

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Tue May 20, 2008 12:12 am

Hmmm... My recollection is that the restaurant at the Sheraton is a bit pricey. Maybe we could just convene someplace picnic style?

Anyway, if anyone sees some guy randomly painting people's faces at Animazement, say "Hi" to him, because that's probably me.
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Postby AsianBlossom » Tue May 20, 2008 6:15 am

Metrocon news: they're now allowing submissions for the Anime Idol and AMV contests! Still looking for how to enter though...but even then, the one I'd be entering isn't finished yet. ^_^U

"Do not underestimate the power of the muffin! The muffin will smite all those who question it! The muffin will crush all nay-sayers! He who controls the muffin shall control the entire world!" -Taishi, Comic Party English Dub
AsianBlossom

Postby Noblewreck » Tue May 20, 2008 10:30 pm

[color="Lime"]Regarding Animazement; picnic style lunch is likely more in my price range as well, maybe we could all meet at the friendly neighborhood McDonalds. There's one at the next exit from there on I-40. I'll likely patronize them for dinner at least once during our stay in Durham.[/color]
Noblewreck

Postby ADXC » Wed May 21, 2008 10:00 pm

Or we could go to the local Bojangles.

Now that I think about it, the Sheraton restaurant is pretty pricey and they don't really have a good selection of meals.
ADXC

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Thu May 22, 2008 10:49 am

Yeah, that's what I really didn't like about it. I'll stomach paying more than I want if the food's really something, but it's just not worth it there.

Personally, I like the idea of sticking close to the hotel, just to lessen the running around, but I'm cool with whatever anyone else wants to do!

...speaking of which, I gotta get the van loaded up. See ya'll in a bit! :D
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Postby ADXC » Thu May 22, 2008 9:49 pm

Well, okay then, the food is pretty good at the hotel but a little pricey. Why? Because it's a Sheraton. But I mean I've eaten there for lunch at Animazement every year Ive been. I don't really mind if we do anything at all. But it would be cool if we did at one point during the con.
ADXC

Postby Sakaki Onsei » Thu May 22, 2008 9:58 pm

Kumoricon 2008. This year, I will be helping to run out annual Christian meet-up (I was the one who filled in last year, due to the scheduling conflict with the AMV Show).

If anyone is going, let me know. I'd love to meet up with y'all and...well..actually know who you are. :D
Hiyakawa Sayaka (my character from my writing) wrote:God has given me a gift, that I really don't know what to do with. I guess, all I can do is put it in his hands, keep my hands inside the car, and expect to end up destroying parts of Tokyo with my perfectly good guitar.

Revelation 1:10-11: I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and I heard behind me a loud voice like the sound of a trumpet, saying, [color="Red"]"Write in a book what you see, and send it to the seven churches to Ephesus and to Smyrna, and to Pergamum and to Theyatira, and at Sardis, and to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea."[/color]
Sakaki Onsei

Postby Kurama » Fri May 23, 2008 6:40 am

Yep, its official for me, I am going to sdtay...ALL THREE DAYS!?!
YES!!!
This will be the first Con I ever will stay for all three days. o.O its gonna rock!
Kurama

Postby NekoChan_C » Fri May 23, 2008 7:01 am

AsianBlossom (post: 1222681) wrote:YAAAAAAY!!!!! More Metrocon people!!!!! Somebody like soooooo totally has to make a CAA sign so we can all hang out!!

So that makes...three, now?

-NekoChan_C
-Kurama
-Me...j/k AsianBlossom

And my brother will be there too. ^_^

YAY!! I can't wait! Usually, it's only me and my sister that go... this year, I hope to meet up with and hang out with lots of people! Cons are just MORE fun when you have friends there... :)

yukoxholic (post: 1222833) wrote:Metrocon's oatku are getting Johnny Yong Bosch, Yaya Han, and Johnny's band Eyeshine! I am so envious. I want to mail someone my CDs so you can get them signed for me! ^__^ If I had known sooner I would've totally gone to Metrocon! I must think of a way to get there ASAP.

I also wanted to go to Fanime to see An Cafe because seeing them live would've made my day. Just like if I could've seen TMR again at New York Comic Con. :(

And Johnny and the guys from Eyeshine are SO sweet! They have great personality with their fans... I managed to snag their songlist from last year's concert and they all autographed it for me! It was awesome! :)
http://myspace.com/shura_no_hana
XBox Gamertag: NekoChan Cruz
PSN Gamer ID: Neko no Ichi
http://neko-chan-cruz.livejournal.com/
NekoChan_C

Postby AsianBlossom » Fri May 23, 2008 7:29 am

I'm entering an AMV for the contest, and so is my brother. I've seen what he's done so far, and it's pretty awesome. As for mine, it still needs some work, but I can't wait until it's done.

Just a quick question: an AMV doesn't have to have a whole lot of special effects in it to be good, does it?

AsianBlossom

Postby Sakaki Onsei » Fri May 23, 2008 10:19 am

AsianBlossom (post: 1228828) wrote:I'm entering an AMV for the contest, and so is my brother. I've seen what he's done so far, and it's pretty awesome. As for mine, it still needs some work, but I can't wait until it's done.

Just a quick question: an AMV doesn't have to have a whole lot of special effects in it to be good, does it?

Just make sure the editing is clean and there are no subtitles, and it would be fine.

You know...if you wanted to send it to a second con for a contest, Kumoricon is still taking sumissions. We've got people sending in from France, Uzbekistan, and even Iraq (of all places).
Hiyakawa Sayaka (my character from my writing) wrote:God has given me a gift, that I really don't know what to do with. I guess, all I can do is put it in his hands, keep my hands inside the car, and expect to end up destroying parts of Tokyo with my perfectly good guitar.

Revelation 1:10-11: I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and I heard behind me a loud voice like the sound of a trumpet, saying, [color="Red"]"Write in a book what you see, and send it to the seven churches to Ephesus and to Smyrna, and to Pergamum and to Theyatira, and at Sardis, and to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea."[/color]
Sakaki Onsei

Postby NekoChan_C » Fri May 23, 2008 6:03 pm

ah, yes... editing is key! an amv can have a great song, plenty of special effects and not be any good becuase of editing... but I'm sure that it will be awesome!
http://myspace.com/shura_no_hana
XBox Gamertag: NekoChan Cruz
PSN Gamer ID: Neko no Ichi
http://neko-chan-cruz.livejournal.com/
NekoChan_C

Postby AsianBlossom » Fri May 23, 2008 7:56 pm

Well, I'm using a DVD ripper, so subtitles are no problem.

And wow, Iraq? Uzbekistan? O_o I wonder why they would be interested in a convention here.

AsianBlossom

Postby Sakaki Onsei » Fri May 23, 2008 11:11 pm

Not sure. One of the greater ones we had was from a guy in Belarus that was showed at last year's AMV showcase (Kumoricon). It was some weird Finnish heavy metal band staged to Naruto (and it was awesome).

Yes, we have people from around the world who send in their AMVs. It kicks ***. :D If you need more info, shoot me an e-mail or a PM and I'll give you more info.

For note, if you DO end up entering something, I will stress it enough to PLEASE not make it a drama or romance one. We get too many of them.

Sakaki Onsei

Postby AsianBlossom » Sat May 24, 2008 6:32 am

Too late XD...it's got some elements of romantic what-not. Ever heard the CASCADA song "Runaway"? (but I won't say what the series is...that'd give EVERYTHING away)

EDIT: Ah, what the heck. This video isn't mine, but it's got the same song I'm using: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aeGElSpHRg (and it's Haruhi Suzumiya for those who like that series...just remember it's YouTube so don't go wandering please!)

AsianBlossom

Postby NuclearPeon » Sat May 24, 2008 10:12 pm

AsianBlossom (post: 1228828) wrote:I'm entering an AMV for the contest, and so is my brother. I've seen what he's done so far, and it's pretty awesome. As for mine, it still needs some work, but I can't wait until it's done.

It doesn't... but it sure helps. My AMV got accepted this year, and compared to the others it was utterly overshadowed. Then again, the end result of mine was a little disappointing. I only had a month to work on it =/
I wish you all the best, from a fellow amv-creator.

BTW, anyone here been to Otafest or Animethon?
Any Canadians? Anyone? Hello?
Anime should be taken like all forms of entertainment: with a grain of salt.
NuclearPeon

Postby AsianBlossom » Sun May 25, 2008 1:23 pm

Hmm...I'll take that into consideration. Thank you very much for the advice, and welcome to the CAA. ^_^ *gives Koala's March cookies*

Right now, the only real special effects in it are just at the beginning, with sort of a "flashback" bit, but it only lasts a couple of seconds. Most of my video pertains to clever timing and matching the lyrics, with a few fade transitions here and there.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I think I'm just going to forget about the May costume and just wear my yukata instead. I'm not too far into the costume that quitting now would be a problem, but hey, I can still use the things I've already gotten for it, like the cute bag (yes, I found a [mostly] yellow bag that looks similar--but not really exactly--to May's bag. It was from Target, and a bag I saw near it was a lot like Dawn's bag, which I found quite interesting. :D) So yeah, yukata one day, casual the next.

AsianBlossom

Postby ADXC » Sun May 25, 2008 8:50 pm

Well, I would like to say that Animazement was a huge success this year. I was able to get Kyle Hebert's, Kara Edwards', Caitlin Glass', and Vic Mignogna's autographs. I really enjoyed it this year. Oh and something happened during the FMA guest panel, but Vic told us not to tell. Sorry that reveal what happened. It wasn't anything bad, it was really cool. And the DBZ guest panel was great as always. The Objection panel was much better this year than it was last year. I enjoyed the Shamisen concert. And I also found both the Japanese Culture and Writing panels to be very interesting. I wasn't able to see many AMVs but they were pretty good. There's too many about Kingdom Hearts if you ask me!
ADXC

Previous Next

Return to General