Anime Recommendations Thread

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:56 pm

[quote="GeneD"]It didn't have much in the line of plot and I’]
I wouldn't be confident doing a complete review, but I can tell you that the two are completely different. Spirits Within has no strong connection to the rest of the franchise and even the other film; if you like both it will be for different reasons.
uc pseudonym

Postby Aleolus » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:13 am

Is anyone on here familiar with an anime called Dokodoki Haha musume? I saw a brief clip of it, and it seemed amusing, though it was undubbed, unsubbed, and didn't last very long.
"Please stand down, I don't want meaningless bloodshed!" chaos-Xenosaga

"Who are you?"
"If I knew that, I wouldn't be suffering." - Hakuro, Utawarerumono

"Dirty thoughts are bad!" Mahoro, Mahoromatic

Help my dragons to grow, please!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Aleolus

Postby MasterDias » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:43 am

I wouldn't really recommend Final Fantasy: Advent Children very strongly. It was pretty disappointing for a movie, and has basically nothing to do with the series.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby KBMaster » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:38 pm

How bad is Black Blood Brothers? I saw a clip for it and it looked really cool.
KBMaster

Postby yukoxholic » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:02 pm

[quote="GeneD (post: 1201385)"]I'm not sure this is the right place to post this but...has anyone seen Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within? I can possibly get it at a good price but I have no idea if it's worth it. I bought Final Fantasy 7 AC without knowing anything about it. It didn't have much in the line of plot and I’]

Final Fantasy: Spirits Within I don't really compare at all to the video game franchise. The only comparison were the character designs and the plot but only slightly. I liked Spirits Within better than Advent Children. The only thing that distinguishes (in my opinion) between the two is where Advent Children is a little confusing (unless you've played the game) Spirits Within tells you what is going on at the start. Final Fantasy: Spirits Within starts out slow but if you continue to watch it does pick up quite a bit. Just a warning to you though Spirits Within is very sci-fi-ish compared to Advent Children. Hope that helps you some! ^__^ Oh, and don't expect a "square soft" (enix now!) happy ending! ;)
yukoxholic

Postby Fish and Chips » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:25 pm

KBMaster (post: 1203224) wrote:How bad is Black Blood Brothers? I saw a clip for it and it looked really cool.

The first two episodes are streamed free off FUNimation's official site. Episode one was decent. Haven't checked episode two yet.
Fish and Chips

Postby Haruhiko » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:25 am

Alright, its been forever since I've actually sat down and watched some good anime, so I need some recommendations. I mostly want an action anime, with as little sexual content or nudity possible, and is an all-around great series. I'm about to have the first disc of Fullmetal Alchemist sent to me by Netflix, and I'm looking for another anime to come with it. I've enjoyed things like Saint Seiya, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, and Death Note, so I'm pretty wide open to just about anything.

Also, because the movies gets sent to our Netflix shipment so dang fast, I would appreciate an answer as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance! ;)
[SIZE="4"][color="DarkOrange"]Haruhiko, CAA's resident lurker.[/color][/SIZE]

Haruhiko

Postby Angel Tifa » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:26 am

Haruhiko-I haven't seen all of the Full Metal Alchemist series (just the very first two DVDs that I own), but it's a good action anime and no nudity as far as I've seen.

Also Tenchi Muyo might be good. There's a lot of action in that, but however just mild nudity (not a lot though).
[color="Purple"]God Is Good All The Time :angel:![/color]
Angel Tifa

Postby jon_jinn » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:09 pm

Haruhiko, try Cowboy Bebop. it's a very well-rounded, stylistic series w/ excellent action, animation, music, and characters. there's a brief scene of nudity in one of the episodes, however. so you might want to check out the anime review.
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Sheenar » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:30 pm

Gunslinger Girl is good, but it's sad (just to warn you). It's about the Italian government using little girls as assassins.

Another good one is Case Closed --the only thing with this one is the crime scenes...good detective series--good action
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Haruhiko » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:54 pm

jon_jinn (post: 1205133) wrote:Haruhiko, try Cowboy Bebop. it's a very well-rounded, stylistic series w/ excellent action, animation, music, and characters. there's a brief scene of nudity in one of the episodes, however. so you might want to check out the anime review.

I was actually considering this one. I wasn't positive, though, as I've heard about the short nudity scene. I'll consider it.

Sheenar (post: 1205140) wrote:Gunslinger Girl is good, but it's sad (just to warn you). It's about the Italian government using little girls as assassins.

Another good one is Case Closed --the only thing with this one is the crime scenes...good detective series--good action

Could you explain Case Closed a little more for me? I'm probably most likely to chose that one.

Angel Tifa (post: 1205057) wrote:Haruhiko-I haven't seen all of the Full Metal Alchemist series (just the very first two DVDs that I own), but it's a good action anime and no nudity as far as I've seen.

Also Tenchi Muyo might be good. There's a lot of action in that, but however just mild nudity (not a lot though).

I'd rather skip it, in that case. Thanks, though.
[SIZE="4"][color="DarkOrange"]Haruhiko, CAA's resident lurker.[/color][/SIZE]

Haruhiko

Postby jon_jinn » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:59 pm

Haruhiko, you might also want to consider Baccano! it's an excellent series w/ tons of action, comedy, and a brilliantly pieced out plot. as far as i can remember, there's no nudity or sexual content.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=7492

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby MasterDias » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:22 pm

Haruhiko (post: 1205186) wrote:Could you explain Case Closed a little more for me? I'm probably most likely to chose that one.

It's a decent if formulaic mystery series. It's also extremely long. Renting one or two dvds off of Netflix would give you an idea if you would enjoy the series or not.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby animewarrior » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:56 pm

hey guys. I just finished Wolf's Rain and I'm curious if you guys know any good animes involving wolves (swearing is allowed just keep it to the minimum and fanservice is disliked) however, as to the spiritual stuff just give a brief description. I'll have to decide whether or not it's worth my time. I REALLY liked Wolf's Rain but the spiritual content was like alrighty then...but I take these things as fantasy.
~ The fainter the heartbeat the stronger the soul~

*They're just an incomplete group of people wishing to be whole; and to that end, they're desperately searching for something.* - Namine (Kingdom Hearts 2)
animewarrior

Postby MomoAdachi » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:45 pm

Hmm, animewarrior, have you seen the Miyazaki film Princess Mononoke(Mononoke Hime)? There's a character in it who was raised by wolves. If you haven't, I'm pretty sure there's a review of it in the CAA database if you want to double-check the content.
Non-Christian Anti-Hentai Grrl
#1 Dubbed Sailor Moon Fan!
#1 Peach Girl Fan!

98% of the teenage population does or have tried smoking pot. If you are one of the 2% who haven't, copy or paste this in your signature.
MomoAdachi

Postby yukoxholic » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:53 pm

animewarrior (post: 1205644) wrote:hey guys. I just finished Wolf's Rain and I'm curious if you guys know any good animes involving wolves (swearing is allowed just keep it to the minimum and fanservice is disliked) however, as to the spiritual stuff just give a brief description. I'll have to decide whether or not it's worth my time. I REALLY liked Wolf's Rain but the spiritual content was like alrighty then...but I take these things as fantasy.

Check out The Twelve Kingdoms! It's fantasy based and has a "wolf-ish" character as one of the girl's protector though it's a total 180 from Wolf's Rain so don't expect it to be like that show. ^__^ I think you may enjoy it if you give it a chance!
yukoxholic

Postby animewarrior » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:23 pm

thanx guys. Yukoxholic, I shall DEFINITELY check "Twelve Kingdoms" out. I just want something with wolves. XD
~ The fainter the heartbeat the stronger the soul~

*They're just an incomplete group of people wishing to be whole; and to that end, they're desperately searching for something.* - Namine (Kingdom Hearts 2)
animewarrior

Postby PokettoKunoichi » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:55 pm

I'm looking for an anime that's focused on a romantic relationship. I'd like more of a "shy-love" kind of teenages couples, around 16 or so, something appropiate for a 13 year old. Also one that preferably has a timeline, when their relationship goes beyond hugging and just lip kissing, but nothing revealing or uncovered or excessively detailed, I'd like things to be covered and I don't want to hear any really perverted discussions.
Any help appreciated! ^_^
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

:) Remember, if Jesus is in your life, that all of Heaven is waiting for you. :)
PokettoKunoichi

Postby minakichan » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:13 pm

Hrm, Bokura ga Ita is definite cute and shy love; I haven't seen enough to know if it gets more than kissing, but so far it looks really tame, almost excessively tame.

Lovely Complex isn't really "shy-love" (it's wild and funny), but it's pretty innocent (has one crossdressing character, but otherwise nothing else), and the relationship definitely has a plot.
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:27 pm

PokettoKunoichi (post: 1218892) wrote:I'm looking for an anime that's focused on a romantic relationship. I'd like more of a "shy-love" kind of teenages couples, around 16 or so, something appropiate for a 13 year old. Also one that preferably has a timeline, when their relationship goes beyond hugging and just lip kissing, but nothing revealing or uncovered or excessively detailed, I'd like things to be covered and I don't want to hear any really perverted discussions.

I think you'll enjoy "His and Her Circumstances". It's a nice anime with great character development and depth to each of the characters. Though it stops before the manga finished, it's still a nice one to follow. It's directed by the same guy who created "Neon Genesis Evangelion", but unless you were a true Eva-Monkey like yours truly, you wouldn't know it! As far as language goes, nothing serious, though it should be noted that the subtittled version uses the "S" word once, but not in anger.

The main characters relationship DEFINATELY goes beyond hugging and lip kissing. In fact...

[spoiler]In episode 16, "Progress" they actually go ALL THE WAY. Don't worry--nothing is shown, but much is implied--in a VERY tasteful way.[/spoiler]
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby yukoxholic » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:52 pm

PokettoKunoichi (post: 1218892) wrote:I'm looking for an anime that's focused on a romantic relationship. I'd like more of a "shy-love" kind of teenages couples, around 16 or so, something appropiate for a 13 year old. Also one that preferably has a timeline, when their relationship goes beyond hugging and just lip kissing, but nothing revealing or uncovered or excessively detailed, I'd like things to be covered and I don't want to hear any really perverted discussions.

All I have to say is Kamichu! It's a super cute as well as super CLEAN anime series that deals with first love and oh, yeah becoming a goddess. ^__~ I actually reviewed the series in it's entirety here. Princess TuTu was a dramatic, sometimes fun, show that dealt with a girl who's really a duck but can transform into Princess Tutu who loves the prince that doesn't know she's a duck...or is she a girl? ]thanx guys. Yukoxholic, I shall DEFINITELY check "Twelve Kingdoms" out. I just want something with wolves. XD[/QUOTE]

I loved The Twelve Kingdoms so I hope you enjoy it as well. ^__^ Also, if you can't get a hold of the anime check out the light novels based on the show.
yukoxholic

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Fri May 02, 2008 7:38 pm

All right, so I'm looking for something....

Animes I've watched include Cardcaptors, D.N.Angel, Pokemon, Rurouni Kenshin, Tsubasa Chronicle, and Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch. Here are my thoughts on each:

Cardcaptors - Currently the only shojo anime that I like.

D.N.Angel - Like some stuff, but I usually read the manga because there are parts in the anime that kinda disturb me. At least in the first two ephisodes, they might have gotten rid of them later.

Pokemon - I like how the story developed. I was a whole lot more into it when I was a little kid, but looking back on it, I can see why I liked it then. I'm not sure if I'd place it in my top ten now that I'm older though (no offense to those who like it, I'm just talking about myself, after all :P).

Tsubasa Chronicle - I only saw one episode because of the fact that I didn't see ephisode two either in English or English subtitles online, so I'll have to find it or buy it first. I read the first two mangas though. I liked them, but there were a few objectable parts.

Rurouni Kenshin - I've seen two episodes, and so far, it seems like it could develop into an exciting story.

Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch - ...I only watched it because I was bored. Haha. It was better than I was expecting... But I don't think that this is an anime for me (again, no offense to you if you like it, I'm just speaking of myself).

Some non-anime things that I enjoy include Lord of the Rings, The Chronicles of Narnia, and Frank Peretti and Ted Dekker novels, so if you could find anime titles that have a similar concept, that would be fantastic! :)

All right.... So, I know, I think I'm a little confusing here, but feel free to try to recommend something.
mysngoeshere56

Postby GeneD » Sat May 03, 2008 8:06 am

Paprika?

I've seen this in our stores recently and since we don't get a lot of anime in my country I was considering buying it, but don't want to spend money on it if I might hate it. It will cost me a little more than normal live action movies, but I don't buy many of those either.

So I just want to know if anyone's seen it, what they thought of it and what it is about more or less. Is there anything out there that's similar? Thanks.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby yukoxholic » Sat May 03, 2008 4:19 pm

I don't know if you'll want to watch Paprika considering that the things in Tsubasa Chronicle and DN Angel didn't set well with you. There is a lot of questionable material in Paprika though it was a pretty solid, interesting movie. It also harbors an "R" rating. I don't know how old you are but just stating that so you know.

You could try these animes:

Haibane Renmei: Good story, nice animation, nothing that really would offend anyone. There are some religious merits in there.

XXXHolic: If you did like Tsubasa Chronicle you may like Holic. It's genre is "horror" but there's really nothing horror-ish in it whatsoever. I stay away from most horror titles because I'm a wuss but if I can sit through this than anyone can. The "Spooks" are on the line of Spirited Away. They wouldn't seem scary to anyone 13 and up (possibly even younger). There wasn't too much questionable material it does revolve around a woman who grants peoples wishes to cure their addictions but the addictions range from greed, to being addicted to the internet, to lying too much, to helping the dead find their peace with this world and return home. It's a really great show. I like it even more than Tsubasa Chronicles.

The Twelve Kingdoms: I mentioned this title to another user. I really loved it. It does have a few bloody parts but it's a really good fantasy based series. I say 14 and up could watch it as it is mostly just violence and very mild cursing.

The tried and true: Inuyasha. I stopped around episode 100 because I just couldn't keep up with it any longer. It just needed to end and they producers wouldn't let it go. This series does have questionable material but if you liked Rurouni Kenshin you may like Inuyasha. There's a review on the CAA here.

Human Crossing: I really loved this title. It's an underrated anime about life. Human crossing really just revolves around day to day living and the joys, pains, and outcomes of peoples lives. It's been a while since I've viewed it but I do not believe there is anything bad in it but like I said it's been awhile.

And that's all I can think of at this moment.
yukoxholic

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat May 03, 2008 5:05 pm

GeneD (post: 1222706) wrote:Paprika?

I've seen this in our stores recently and since we don't get a lot of anime in my country I was considering buying it, but don't want to spend money on it if I might hate it. It will cost me a little more than normal live action movies, but I don't buy many of those either.

So I just want to know if anyone's seen it, what they thought of it and what it is about more or less. Is there anything out there that's similar? Thanks.

Paprika is a fantastic movie and one of my favorites, but I often have trouble recommending it. It is rated R, and there is some sexual content in it, one scene of which is pretty disturbing. There is also nudity, most of which is non-sexual. Additionally, some people just don't like the movie's style. As it's about what might happen if dreams and reality were to collide, the movie kind of plays out like a dream, with reality one moment and fantasy the next. It's a feast for the eyes and is really a fantastic movie, but if any of the above would bother you, I can't really recommend it.
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby jon_jinn » Sat May 03, 2008 6:23 pm

nevermind, forget my post. i messed up.

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby EricTheFred » Sat May 03, 2008 6:30 pm

Paprika: Good movie, but as others have said, it does deserve the 'R' rating. Very well made film, and some gorgeous animation sequences. The OP may be my favorite feature film OP of all time.

"mysngoeshere56": fascinating user name, BTW. Since I'm sensing an attraction toward 'clean' titles, I'm going to recommend a couple that probably were aimed at the younger teen years. Let me know if I'm reading that wrong.

"Kamichu": may be one of the cutest supernatural anime series out there.

"Angelic Layer": imagine pre-teen girls fighting battles with their Barbie Dolls. If you can't, then go watch this series.

If you want something a little deeper, but still mostly clean, I suggest "Princess Tutu."
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May He cause His face to shine upon you.
May He lift up His countenance and grant you peace.

Maokun: Ninjas or Pirates? (Vikings are not a valid answer, sorry)

EricTheFred: Vikings are always a valid answer.

Feel free to visit My Writing.com Portfolio

Largo: "Well Ed, good to see ya. Guess I gotta beat the crap out of you now."

Jamie Hyneman: "It's just another lovely day at the bomb range. Birds are singing, rabbits are hopping about, and soon there's going to be a big explosion."
EricTheFred

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Sat May 03, 2008 7:20 pm

Haha, well, yes, I do have an attraction to clean titles. Thanks. :) I have to check these out... I've never even heard of two of these. The only one I'd heard of before was Angelic Layer, but I never looked into it to find out what it was about. I definately wasn't expecting pre-teen girls to fight battles with Barbies. LOL!
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby Tsukuyomi » Thu May 15, 2008 3:31 pm

Hmmm, something light o.o

As far as I could tell.. School Rumble has a hint of romance (I SAID KINDA 8D). There's a lot of humor, so there you go with the "light".. I guess ^___^ Not sure if that's what you were looking for o_o
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby EricTheFred » Fri May 16, 2008 7:06 am

I didn't think about this before, but there is a teen-to-twenty title that might work for you, even though it probably doesn't fit the demographic. 'Appropriate for 13 year old' would depend upon the thirteen-year-old. I let my son watch it at roughly that age, but he's always been on the mature side.

The thing is, it was meant for young men, and frankly, has a fairly good dose of fanservice. It will depend upon what you think of such. And, the last episode in the DVD collection is not the last episode of the series, but an OVA that gets somewhat perverted in places, which isn't necessary for the story.

So... I'm going to let you take this as either a recommendation, or as a warning in case you hear of this title from someone else, depending on your tastes.

I'm talking about "Onegai Teacher", AKA "Please Teacher" (the Japaneese title originally used the English word 'Teacher', which why it isn't properly "Onegai Sensei".)

Its premise sounds questionable, since we have a female teacher involved with one of her high school students. It would be a spoiler to esplain why this isn't a turnoff.

There is another series out there along the same lines, reversed gender, called "My Wife is a High School Student", which is okay, but nowhere near the love story of "Please Teacher".

Another cute story is 'Please Twins', the 'sequel' to 'Please Teacher' (quotes on sequel because most of the characters are different) but it has a serious plot defect that kind of ruined it for me.
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May He cause His face to shine upon you.
May He lift up His countenance and grant you peace.

Maokun: Ninjas or Pirates? (Vikings are not a valid answer, sorry)

EricTheFred: Vikings are always a valid answer.

Feel free to visit My Writing.com Portfolio

Largo: "Well Ed, good to see ya. Guess I gotta beat the crap out of you now."

Jamie Hyneman: "It's just another lovely day at the bomb range. Birds are singing, rabbits are hopping about, and soon there's going to be a big explosion."
EricTheFred

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews