What Movies are you Watching?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby GhostontheNet » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:18 pm

For Easter, I watched The Keys of the Kingdom, The Dark Crystal, and some episodes of Jim Henson's The Storyteller.
GhostontheNet

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:16 am

Watched Hellboy the other niight and it was really good. I was surprised by it can't wait for the sequal.
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby jon_jinn » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:02 pm

Shaolin Soccer

so hilariously ridiculous. stephen chow's brilliant!!
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby GhostontheNet » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:49 am

Tonight I watched The Cat Returns and Labyrinth.
GhostontheNet

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:18 pm

GhostontheNet (post: 1210917) wrote:Tonight I watched The Cat Returns and Labyrinth.

The man's got good taste. Me, I just got The Mist the other day, so I watched that. Pretty good representation of the novella except the ending is completely different. :wow!: Still good, though.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby GhostontheNet » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:38 pm

SpoonyBard (post: 1211112) wrote:The man's got good taste.
Thank you. These days I've decided to quit watching television (mostly, I've got it down to 30 minutes a day) in favor of media of my own choosing. And while I could probably never get the same gains in filthy lucre, my movies are a lot cooler than the stuff played by the mass media, and everyone I ever watch movies with compliments me for good choices. Cinema is one of my favorite artforms because it combines all of the visual and auditory arts into one. I like to watch movies back-to-back that incorporate similar characters, ideas, themes, and visual elements. It would be cool to start my own Internet TV Station like my Internet Radio Station someday.
GhostontheNet

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:52 am

SpoonyBard (post: 1211112) wrote:The man's got good taste. Me, I just got The Mist the other day, so I watched that. Pretty good representation of the novella except the ending is completely different. :wow!: Still good, though.

Yeah i like the ending to the Book a bit better personally. The movie's ending was rather disturbing actually

GrubbTheFragger

Postby GhostontheNet » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:20 am

Tonight, after a lively discussion about Soul Caliber where I mentioned the persona of Sophitia was the same kind of holy mercilessness seen in the old Greek heroes, I developed a taste for episodes of the old Olympian soap opera. Therefore, I decided to watch Clash Of The Titans and Jim Henson's The Storyteller: Greek Myths.
GhostontheNet

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:54 am

The Bourne Ultimatum :rock: An AMAZING movie. Maybe even better than the other ones, but I'd have to see them again to decide. Wonderful action, wonderful handheld cameras that made it feel like you're really there, and wonderful parallel at the end *goes away, humming "Extreme Ways"*
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Danderson » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:03 am

Just watched the film Luther last night.....Very powerful film...I'd recomend it to all believers who want to see faith and courage in action...
Danderson

Postby The Liar XIII » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:29 pm

I just recently finished "Stephen King's: Silver Bullet", based off his Novel "The Cycle of the Werewolf". Great movie about a Priest who is a Werewolf.. Go check it out, amazing film.
Some Assembly Required

The Liar XIII

Postby jon_jinn » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:39 pm

watched The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe.
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Danderson » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:48 am

Just saw Enchanted last night.....All I can say is if u watch it with the expectation of little plot and little seriousness u'll probably enjoy it. It's the type of movie u'd watch with ur entire family if u enjoy LOLing in their presence....If not.....well.....

But I must say, the Jon Mcclaughlin song was my favourite part of the movie.....yeah....
Danderson

Postby GhostontheNet » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:23 am

Tonight at the witching hour I was in the mood for movies with horror legend Bela Lugosi, so I watched Dracula and The Black Cat.
GhostontheNet

Postby Sae-chan » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:32 pm

The last movie I watched was Enchanted, which was hilarious... except for the part in the bathroom. That was plain... weird. But otherwise than that, it was very funny. ;)
Sae-chan

Postby KeybladeWarrior » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:51 pm

I have recently watched Train Man, and today I was watch the FullMetal Alchemist Movie: Conqueror of Shamballa.
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All
The CAA Moderators.

"YEAH TOAST! TOCAA!"
KeybladeWarrior

Postby GhostontheNet » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:29 am

Tonight I watched The Hound of the Baskervilles directed by Terrence Fisher with some of my friends, one of which is a major Sherlock Holmes fan.
GhostontheNet

Postby Scarecrow » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:56 am

Ghost you have the best taste in videos ^_^ Jim Hensons Storyteller series, Labyrinth, Dark Crystal, Clash of the Titans (you know I hear they're remaking this o_O), etc... sigh... amazing stuff. I still need to buy Clash of the Titans (really need to pick up Jason and the Argonauts too while I'm at it) but those are among my all time favorites. And I thought I was the only one with good taste in movies :P

Anyway... watched Sweeney Todd today... probably enjoyed it better this time. Love the ending shot as the cameras pulling away. Beautiful.
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby eternalprincess » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:36 am

Reign of Fire.

@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
eternalprincess

Location: Texas: Sitting at the computer writing, and explaining anime to someone who found out I'm into it.

Postby GhostontheNet » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:57 am

Scarecrow (post: 1213824) wrote:Ghost you have the best taste in videos ^_^ Jim Hensons Storyteller series, Labyrinth, Dark Crystal, Clash of the Titans (you know I hear they're remaking this o_O), etc... sigh... amazing stuff. I still need to buy Clash of the Titans (really need to pick up Jason and the Argonauts too while I'm at it) but those are among my all time favorites. And I thought I was the only one with good taste in movies :P

Anyway... watched Sweeney Todd today... probably enjoyed it better this time. Love the ending shot as the cameras pulling away. Beautiful.
Thank you! I can see you're a Jim Henson fan yourself. At any rate, tonight I watched The Mummy starring Boris Karloff.
GhostontheNet

Postby Scarecrow » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:32 am

Yea, Jim Henson was fantastic. I'm still waiting for a director to be as experimental and imaginative as him but no one has really taken the risk and stepped up to the plate.

Anyway, I just got finished watching "The Mist". Probably would have to be my favorite "creature feature" since Aliens. The special effects bothered me. They felt a little cheap, but I liked how they concealed most of the monsters and didn't go overboard in a gore fest or try to show all the creatures in great detail or whatever. Would have prefered if they used puppetry and animatronics over CGI but oh well.. still a good creature feature. I don't normally like those but this was good. But that ending.. >.<
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby MomoAdachi » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:00 pm

I watched Pinocchio(Disney) last night. My cousin Katie gave me her Disney VHS collection so I think you know what I'll be watching:thumb:
Non-Christian Anti-Hentai Grrl
#1 Dubbed Sailor Moon Fan!
#1 Peach Girl Fan!

98% of the teenage population does or have tried smoking pot. If you are one of the 2% who haven't, copy or paste this in your signature.
MomoAdachi

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:34 am

"To Sir, With Love"

Sidney Poitier = UBER WIN.
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby GhostontheNet » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:30 am

Tonight at church there was a hard-hitting sermon against consumerism and the barrage of distorted messages in an age of heavy media saturation. I think I saw people tremble in their seats as no fire and brimstone sermon I have ever seen or heard. So after I got home, I thought it would be appropriate to watch Blade Runner and mull over things.
GhostontheNet

Postby GhostontheNet » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:03 am

Having been in a cyberpunk mood lately, tonight I watched A Scanner Darkly. The film had more than a couple of surprises in store for me as I watched it. I think it gets pretty close to the heart of the matter of why the illegal drug trade remains so lucrative in spite of most of the western world's efforts to wipe it out.
GhostontheNet

Postby MomoAdachi » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:50 am

Last night I watched The Little Mermaid on VHS, and the night before that, The Rescuers.
#1 Peach Girl Fan!

98% of the teenage population does or have tried smoking pot. If you are one of the 2% who haven't, copy or paste this in your signature.
MomoAdachi

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:49 pm

GhostontheNet (post: 1215014) wrote:Having been in a cyberpunk mood lately, tonight I watched A Scanner Darkly. The film had more than a couple of surprises in store for me as I watched it. I think it gets pretty close to the heart of the matter of why the illegal drug trade remains so lucrative in spite of most of the western world's efforts to wipe it out.

I still need to watch scanner Darkly heard alot of good things about it. Anyways watched The mist the other night. Love the two disc set with a black and white version of the movie that was the directors vision. Also concerning someone steping up to the plate after Jim hensen i thinkTim Burton is the next jim hensen or soon will be. He is the most daring film maker i can think of off hand except and this one is very close the director of Hellboy, and pans labyrinth comes very very close with the costumes and stuff.

GrubbTheFragger

Postby Kkun » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:00 pm

I just watched...

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby GhostontheNet » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:35 am

I just finished watching Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal.
GhostontheNet

Postby MomoAdachi » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:15 pm

I watched Disney's The Jungle Book yesterday.
#1 Peach Girl Fan!

MomoAdachi

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment