What Movies are you Watching?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby jon_jinn » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:42 pm

watching Willow in school.
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:34 pm

Watched Memento tonight. Wow....hate to say it but it was unforgettable (inside joke for those who have seen it) easily one of greatest thrillers ever.
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby kittybell » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:27 pm

The Color Purple
kittybell

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:37 am

George and the Dragon. It was meh, basically.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby MomoAdachi » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:30 pm

I'm on a classics kick lately...
*Flower Drum Song(RIP Miyoshi Umeki, the first Asian person to win an Oscar!)
*The Bachelor And The Bobby Soxer
*If A Man Answers
*That Funny Feeling
*A Fool There Was
*Mildred Pierce
Next I want to watch All About Eve, Now Voyager, Camille, Show Boat(1936), How To Marry A Millionaire, Sullivan's Travels, Imitation Of Life, Pinky, and soooo many others!

Also for non-classics...The Parent Trap(1998) and Rodgers And Hammerstein's Cinderella w/Brandy
Non-Christian Anti-Hentai Grrl
#1 Dubbed Sailor Moon Fan!
#1 Peach Girl Fan!

98% of the teenage population does or have tried smoking pot. If you are one of the 2% who haven't, copy or paste this in your signature.
MomoAdachi

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:44 pm

Vacancy, easly the scariest movie in years IMO. True old school horror and suspense, very little blood and deaths just extermly suspensful abnd eerie.

GrubbTheFragger

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:51 am

MomoAdachi (post: 1202769) wrote:Rodgers And Hammerstein's Cinderella w/Brandy

:lol: That movie has won infamy in our house as the Politically Correct Cinderella.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:10 am

12 monkeys. A masterpeice, Brad Pitt plays one of my favirote characters of all time

GrubbTheFragger

Postby GhostontheNet » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:55 am

Last night I watched through:

The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (Remix)
Edward Scissorhands
GhostontheNet

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:10 pm

Is Rodgers And Hammerstein's Cinderella even a movie?I think I remember seeing it on tv back in the Jurassic period known as the 1960s.

This week I saw HIGH NOON one of the coolest Westerns of all time and greatest movies of all times.Gary Cooper as Marshal Will Caine is unforgettable.:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Interesting they say that Cooper was not the first pick for the role nor was he even the second or third pick,he was somewhere around the Sixth actor.
They really wanted someone on the line of Marlon Brando for it.

Another thing was that it flubbed with the test audience because of the fact that they used Tex Ritter's singing of 'Do Not Forsake Me(oh my darling)'too often so they edited the music down.
mitsuki lover

Postby KeybladeWarrior » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:12 pm

Saw the movie Atonement a few weeks ago.
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All
The CAA Moderators.

"YEAH TOAST! TOCAA!"
KeybladeWarrior

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:16 pm

Saving private Ryan, Best war movie ever IMO. Letters of Iwo Jima also great and closely followed by a tie of We were soilders or Black Hawk Down

GrubbTheFragger

Postby jon_jinn » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:45 pm

watched The Bourne Identity yesterday. man, i love that series. so awesome.
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby mechana2015 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:38 am

Hot Fuzz

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Danderson » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:55 pm

Just watched To Kill a Mocking Bird for the first time ever.......All I can say is, "I truly understand why this is one of the greatest in film history....."

Everything about it was just truly amazing and enthralling: the camera angles, the music, the plot, the characters, the suspence.......just everything....I honestly thought it'd be darker, but it really wasn't, of which I'm glad that it wasn't.......

.....On an odd note, everytime I heard the music I kept thinking E.T....Also, I swear that the movie Milo and Oatis borrowed the music from this film.....
Danderson

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:39 am

I watched the first half of Ocean's Thirteen. Should be finishing it tomorrow. So far: :thumb:

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:47 am

Watched Ever after tonight with my girlfriend. Actually a good movie

GrubbTheFragger

Postby MomoAdachi » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:17 pm

I'm watching All About Eve right now.
#1 Peach Girl Fan!

98% of the teenage population does or have tried smoking pot. If you are one of the 2% who haven't, copy or paste this in your signature.
MomoAdachi

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:00 am

Finished Ocean's Thirteen. In my opinion, it's the worst of the three, but it's still really good. What's-her-face in the pink dress annoyed me thoroughly, though.

I also watched Evan Almighty last night. I was pleasantly surprised by it; I'd expected it to be much more crude and disrespectful, but it was actually pretty funny for someone who knows the Noah story back-to-front. My favorite parts were when "God" started laughing at Evan talking about his plans, and when Evan started screaming when he saw "God" in the backseat of his car, and "God" said, "It's the beginning of wisdom."

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby GhostontheNet » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:12 pm

I just finished watching Elvira's Movie Macabre: The House That Screamed.
GhostontheNet

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:29 am

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Best HP movie (so far), and what made me a fan of Neuna (NevilleXLuna) <3

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Danderson » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:23 pm

Just watched the Bourne Identity tonight....while not my favourite I am planning to watch the next two Bourne movies in eager anticipation for more explosive action.....
Danderson

Postby MomoAdachi » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:01 pm

I'm watching Enchanted right now...sooooo good!
#1 Peach Girl Fan!

MomoAdachi

Postby GhostontheNet » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:23 am

I just finished watching The Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers and Mirrormask.
GhostontheNet

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:28 pm

I've just finished watching Hook with my family. I hadn't seen that for years, so it felt completely new while still bringing jolts of recognition. It's overall such a sweet story, but the one part that made me tear up the most was when that one boy (Wolfio or something? o.0) was killed and said that his wish would be to have a father like Peter Pan.

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby GhostontheNet » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:29 pm

I just finished watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles while eating pizza. It was so good I wanted to say "cowabunga".
GhostontheNet

Postby Sheenar » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:39 pm

I just finished Les Miserables. It was AMAZING!!!!
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Angel Tifa » Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:19 pm

The other day I finished watching the movies Never Ending Story and Never Ending Story II.

I'm also watching the first Underworld.
[color="Purple"]God Is Good All The Time :angel:![/color]
Angel Tifa

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:52 pm

I saw Batman Begins on FX this week.
mitsuki lover

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:30 pm

GhostontheNet (post: 1209216) wrote:I just finished watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles while eating pizza. It was so good I wanted to say "cowabunga".

XD thats awesome. Anyways i watched 10000 bc and it was err ok

GrubbTheFragger

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment