What Movies are you Watching?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:20 am

CephasWhite (post: 1195809) wrote:I was in the middle of watching The Wicker Man until I had to go to work. >.< I'll be seeing the rest of it tomorrow. ^__^/

It's a good movie so far. Just a few jumpy bits in the beginning and some tense parts.

I also saw Stardust...not very good...

Unfortunatly thats what i figured about stardust. Looked decent but i really never planned on watching it. Watched Family Guy: Blue harvest and Wow funny stuff sorta creepy though. I will never look at obiwan the same XD
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Stephen » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:33 pm

Watched The Patriot last night. Good movie, sad for various reasons. :(
Stephen

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:49 am

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

"I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:49 am

Watched Juno last night and it is easily my favirote comedy of 07'. Classic stuff

GrubbTheFragger

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:11 am

Ratatouille.

Pixar has done it again. I'd say this is their worst movie, but it's still better than, say, The Wild or something. It was refreshingly original, and quite funny. The shorts were hilarious and wonderful, and the behind-the-scenes featurette was astonishingly inspiring.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:40 pm

watched the brave one on dvd today. It was alright. Not a huge fan of it. It was good and all just not something i'd watch more than once

GrubbTheFragger

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:18 am

Watched Clerks 2 Tonight and it was awesome, sooo funny. Loads of language and sexual humour though : / Still easily one of my favirote comedies of all time,

GrubbTheFragger

Postby rocklobster » Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:57 am

Just watched Underdog. Funny movie!
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:04 am

Toy Story. After the thread on Toy Story 3, I just couldn't resist ^_^

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:25 pm

Watched Last King of Scottland last night as well as patch adams. Both were great stories but Last king of Scotland had content and also one of the most disturbing scenes I have even seen in a movie. Patch Adams was Great though hilarious and heartwarming. This afternoon I watched Little miss Sunshine and loved it such a funny movie.

GrubbTheFragger

Postby Lady Arianrod » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:42 pm

I saw I am Legend recently. I liked it a lot because I often enjoy dystopia-themed movies.
~Life is the art of drawing without an eraser~

Lady Arianrod, lover of nature and fire.

Hello there! I'm back after a long break! I started watching anime again in 2016. I still check the forum too!

"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33
Lady Arianrod

Postby jaems-kun » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:58 pm

Danderson (post: 1195841) wrote:Just saw Mr. Beans Holiday....Did this guy have his own show or something?

What? I didn't see reply for this question, so its a joke, right?

Right now I'm watching Disney's song of the south for the second time. Good stuff.
jaems-kun

Postby jon_jinn » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:28 pm

watched Ocean's 13 w/ my friend yesterday night.
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby mitsuki lover » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:52 am

Saw West of Hot Dog starring Stan Laurel yesterday.It's one of those rare movies that Laurel appeared in without Hardy and shows how good a comic performer he was solo.

As to the question,yes,Mr.Bean has his own series.If you've ever watched
BBCAmerica or PBS you might have by chance seen it.Rowan Atkinson(not to be confused with the Archbishop of Canterbury)who created and played the part of Blackadder as created and played the part of Mr.Bean.
mitsuki lover

Postby jon_jinn » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:35 pm

Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark just so happened to be on TV yesterday. i couldn't resist watching such a classic.

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Stephen » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:20 pm

Watched 2 movies tonight.

First up, Eastern Promises. I could have done without seeing Viggo Mortinson naked, but other then that....I really enjoyed the movie. If you're into mob films, check it out.

And #2 I saw The Brave One with Jodie Foster. Wow. I was really impressed by this film. The acting was top notch. Terrence Howard was great, and Jodie Foster was awesome. I am always a sucker for a good revenge flick.
Stephen

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:55 am

A bit of Stargate, but the disc was all messed up so I gave up after a while.

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:08 am

Watched Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, and Taxi Driver.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby jon_jinn » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:10 pm

watched Jumper today. highly disappointed...

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:30 pm

Watched Donni Darko tonight and i am still stunned a hour later

GrubbTheFragger

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:45 am

Ocean's Twelve. Wow. I think this might be the best sequel movie I've ever seen, right up there with Toy Story 2. I went into it expecting to not understand till the end, and I was right. But the plot twists! Man, I just sat there staring at the screen with my mouth hanging open :wow!:

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby jon_jinn » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:11 pm

the_wolfs_howl (post: 1200237) wrote:Ocean's Twelve. Wow. I think this might be the best sequel movie I've ever seen, right up there with Toy Story 2. I went into it expecting to not understand till the end, and I was right. But the plot twists! Man, I just sat there staring at the screen with my mouth hanging open :wow!:

ha ha ha! glad there's somebody else besides me who can see the true brilliance of this awesome movie!

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:36 am

jon_jinn (post: 1200407) wrote:ha ha ha! glad there's somebody else besides me who can see the true brilliance of this awesome movie!

Yeah! Gimme five! :jump:

I like good spy movies. (And yes, I sort of consider the Ocean's movies to be spy movies. They just have that same kind of feel to them.) I really like the Bourne movies. How 'bout you?

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:14 pm

I saw the first hour of Letters From Iwo Jima on Saturday.Really one of the best war movies made in recent years.:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
Yesterday I saw another great movie,Amistad.:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
Watch the scene where John Quincy Adams is arguing before the Supreme Court carefully and you will see at one point the portrait of his father John Adams in an over the shoulder shot.
mitsuki lover

Postby GhostontheNet » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:45 pm

I'm watching Legend directed by Ridley Scott right now.
GhostontheNet

Postby Amzi Live » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:53 pm

I just saw Ghost in the Shell Solid State Society.It doesn't have almost any fighting,but it does have quite an interesting plot.Heh!Now I need to see the First Ghost in the Shell seres.

GrubbTheFragger (post: 1195855) wrote:Unfortunatly thats what i figured about stardust. Looked decent but i really never planned on watching it. Watched Family Guy: Blue harvest and Wow funny stuff sorta creepy though. I will never look at obiwan the same XD

I kinda liked Stardust.Then again I know some that don't.I guess it depends on the individual.
[font="Arial Narrow"] Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name. Psalm86:11[/font]
Proud lurker? Join MOES,and help us stay cool.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Amzi Live

Postby jon_jinn » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:08 pm

watched The Mission at school today, with Robert de Niro.

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:45 pm

Watched Hostel 2 last night and well *shudder* worse than the first one by a long shot IMO for 2 scenes in perticular

GrubbTheFragger

Postby Stephen » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:42 am

Come on dude. At least the dogs cleaned up the mess. *snicker*
Stephen

Postby mitsuki lover » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:25 pm

Saw part of Stalag 17 on TCM yesterday.
mitsuki lover

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment