What Movies are you Watching?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:50 am

Last night, I watched Letters from Iwo Jima. Amazing film.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby jon_jinn » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:16 pm

watched Hero yesterday night.
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:46 pm

Watched Helsing and on commercials Swat. There was actually decent movies to watch on TV.
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby ~darkelfgirl~ » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:49 pm

Signs--that Night Shmalayan (sp) movie. It was just as weird as Lady in the Water. I wonder if his movies are low budget, because they barely give the monsters air time.
[color=purple][font=Tahoma][color=royalblue]"But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."--[/color]Isaiah 40:31
[/font]
[/color]
~darkelfgirl~

Postby Danderson » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:14 pm

~darkelfgirl~ (post: 1191673) wrote:Signs--that Night Shmalayan (sp) movie. It was just as weird as Lady in the Water. I wonder if his movies are low budget, because they barely give the monsters air time.

I think it's more to get the audience creeped by showing noises and what the moster can do, rather then show the monster all the time.....Get's me everytime....but hey, that's just me.....

Watched National Treasure 2 yesterday....it was good.....and that is all I can say about it.....The good part is that it was clean and that it really dug deep with it's history.......

......Was rather disappointed that I didn't see a Cloverfield Trailer during the previews however....Almost seen more of those during the playoffs then in the theaters......
Danderson

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:26 am

Danderson (post: 1191715) wrote:I think it's more to get the audience creeped by showing noises and what the moster can do, rather then show the monster all the time.....Get's me everytime....but hey, that's just me.....

It's not just you! I can still give myself nightmares with that movie if I watch it all alone in the dark. People fear the unknown. So when you don't know exactly what the monster is, it's more scary than if you could see all of its fangs. I was freaked out of my skin from the little glimpses you see of the aliens throughout that movie (especially the one in the cornfield).
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:49 am

I saw Timeline on Sci Fi Channel on Saturday.
So what would have happened if Merrick had returned home with the others?
mitsuki lover

Postby Mega.EXE » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:49 am

I'm watching...

Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Equilibrium I.E. one of the best movies ever... period
Tennis no Ouji-sama: The Two Samurai
Mega.EXE

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:34 am

mitsuki lover (post: 1191854) wrote:I saw Timeline on Sci Fi Channel on Saturday.
So what would have happened if Merrick had returned home with the others?

The events before would have changed.

GrubbTheFragger

Postby Danderson » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:51 pm

Well, just watched my first Alfred Hitchcock movie ever......Rear Window with James Stewart.....
Definetly kept me on the edge of my seat. Any good Hitchcock recomendations that are good story and suspense-wise, but aren't to gory or sexualized?
Danderson

Postby jon_jinn » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:11 pm

watching the Much Ado about Nothing movie for English class.
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:14 am

Danderson (post: 1192386) wrote:Well, just watched my first Alfred Hitchcock movie ever......Rear Window with James Stewart.....
Definetly kept me on the edge of my seat. Any good Hitchcock recomendations that are good story and suspense-wise, but aren't to gory or sexualized?

Well Hitchcock isn't about gore he is more about the element of suspense. The only real movies of hitchcock i have seen are Birds, good movie not really to much story though, and bits of well Psyco and the Boat

GrubbTheFragger

Postby GeneD » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:51 pm

Watched Transformers the other day, too bad i missed it on the big screen. It was not half as bad as i thought it might be. :sweat:

It was pretty good, actually. :thumb:
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:09 am

Danderson (post: 1192386) wrote:Well, just watched my first Alfred Hitchcock movie ever......Rear Window with James Stewart.....

I loved Rear Window! I especially liked how it all took place in one room, really.

Suggestions:
Vertigo is a classic, of course. There's a romance (with a woman who is already married), so there's kissing of course, but being a rather old movie it's very mild by today's standards. I really only liked Vertigo for the ending, though. It's confusing, somewhat like Rear Window but with more action.
My favorite Hitchcock movie ever is The Man Who Knew Too Much. It's a mystery, and very suspenseful. There might have been one or two knife stabs with blood, but nothing beyond that, if I'm remembering right.
Have you seen any Alfred Hitchcock Presents? Those are really good, especially the ones he adapted from Roald Dahl's short stories.

As for what movie I'm watching, I'm in the process of watching the uber-long but very cool BBC version of Pride and Prejudice.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby mechana2015 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:27 am

Cloverfield.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:43 am

I saw Bad Company,a Western made in 1972 starring Jeff Bridges on TCM a few days back.About a draft dodger from the Union Army who joins up with some juvenile deliquents on his way west.
mitsuki lover

Postby Danderson » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:04 pm

Just watched World Trade Center (the Nicholas Cage version)...Man....I really have few words to some this one up but....Wow.....Words really can't describe this tribute-of-a-film......
Danderson

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:15 am

Watched Cloverfeild and Wow epic and just awesome, watched resident evil extinction good action flick better than 2 not as good as one, and Sunshine Good movie a bit weird , I love Danny Boyle's directing and so I gotta like sunshine.

GrubbTheFragger

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:02 am

Finished Part One of the BBC Pride and Prejudice. Tonight I'll be starting Part Two.

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Stephen » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:00 am

Watched Hard Candy the other day. Good movie. Weird, and very unique. And I will never talk to someone on IM named Thonggirl14. If you've seen the movie you will understand.
Stephen

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:24 am

Watched the movie Payback last night it was decent at best nothing to great, to many loose ends.

GrubbTheFragger

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:18 pm

Finished the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice. Excellent movie.

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Stephen » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:08 pm

Tonight I watched 3:10 To Yuma. I enjoyed it. I had heard pretty heavy boasting about the film, "Best Western Since Unforgiven" It did not quite hit that mark, but it was good. Christian Bale is one of Hollywoods bright stars right now I think. And of course Russel Crowe is great. I also watched Saw 4. I've been a fan of Saw from the start, and this was decent. The ending takes you a few minutes to really "get" They kinda throw a ton of stuff at you at once. But overall, not bad. But surely not for the weak stomached lol.
Stephen

Postby mechana2015 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:27 am

Hellboy, directors cut. First the normal version, then the directors commentary. Planning on watching composers commentary later this weekend, and some of the other specials.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:11 pm

mechana2015 (post: 1194483) wrote:Hellboy, directors cut. First the normal version, then the directors commentary. Planning on watching composers commentary later this weekend, and some of the other specials.

Gearing up for the second one Mechana? XD anyways i watched meet the spartans last night and wow my head is still throbbing so many brain cells dyed. It was one of the dumbests movies i have ever seen -_- not worth the 8 bucks

GrubbTheFragger

Postby Danderson » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:12 pm

Tonight I Just found myself another movie to add to my fav. list: Evan Almighty!!!

I think what I liked about it was they were able to make a funny (sometimes rude, but never too too much) comedy, yet without mocking the Creator. I actually found it quite inspiring. I had heard about some envirmental overtones in this one, but they were very very subtle.....
Danderson

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:19 pm

Danderson (post: 1195518) wrote:Tonight I Just found myself another movie to add to my fav. list: Evan Almighty!!!

I think what I liked about it was they were able to make a funny (sometimes rude, but never too too much) comedy, yet without mocking the Creator. I actually found it quite inspiring. I had heard about some envirmental overtones in this one, but they were very very subtle.....

I actually like it quite a bit myself. It portrayed God in a positive light. Much like beleave it or not Bruce almighty did the same. A little more adult homour in Bruce almighty, but still ends up giving a very well told message about God and his saving grace.

Anyways i watched Dragon Wars tonight it was well interesting, very asian cinema inspired and it did have cool action sequences just everything in between was pretty awful, almost reminded me of Power Rangers back in the day.

GrubbTheFragger

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:55 pm

Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl

Pirate movies don't get much better than this :cool:

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby CephasWhite » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:00 am

I was in the middle of watching The Wicker Man until I had to go to work. >.< I'll be seeing the rest of it tomorrow. ^__^/

It's a good movie so far. Just a few jumpy bits in the beginning and some tense parts.

I also saw Stardust...not very good...
Two Steps From Hell - Tristan <--(click)
†††††††††††††
We have been here long enough to know
That we are all brothers and sisters in Christ,
So if you are in need of help,
We shall give you His advice.

May God add his blessings upon you,
That you will live this day and forever,
And when He comes to the earth again,
We will all go together...

Into Heaven for Eternity...

[SIZE="5"][color="Green"]M[/color][color="Red"]E[/color][color="Green"]R[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]Y[/color] [color="Red"]C[/color][color="Green"]H[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]I[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]T[/color][color="Red"]M[/color][color="Green"]A[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]![/color][color="Red"]![/color][color="Green"]![/color][/SIZE]
CephasWhite

Postby Danderson » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:13 am

Just saw Mr. Beans Holiday....Did this guy have his own show or something?
Danderson

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment