Biggest *forehead smack* moments

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby Shadowalker » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:52 am

I just finished watching the Mai HiME series.

In the 2nd last episode, Natsuki heads after Shizuru, ostensibly to "stop Shizuru from beating up any more HiMEs".

This is sheer insanity as...

1) At this point in the series, there are only four or five HiMEs left with their powers intact, and Natsuki and Shizuru are two of them.

2) At this point in the series, Natsuki has to know that she's the most important person in Shizuru's life, and as such, if Shizuru's CHILD (i.e. HiME weapon) is destroyed by Natsuki, Natsuki herself will die as per the conditions set up in the Mai HiME series.

So, Natsuki is more or less trying to commit suicide for a really flimsy spoken reason. That was pretty forehead-smacking, I must say.
Shadowalker

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:46 pm

Debitt wrote:TEZUKA ZOOONE!

That's... a level above the absurdity I had expected. I think I can unapologetically say I have almost no respect for anyone who can take that seriously at any point.

...and now I will go look for more PoT clips. Thank you for providing such amusement.
uc pseudonym

Postby Debitt » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:09 pm

My absolute pleasure. 8D Everyone needs to see Tezuka Zone.

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby mechana2015 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:42 am

Debitt (post: 1193310) wrote:My absolute pleasure. 8D Everyone needs to see Tezuka Zone.

Dinosaurs...
what...
PoT
I will never see the series the same... ever again.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Mave » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:13 am

OOH! The madness is far worse in anime format. *slaps forehead with huge salmon* XDDD

Tezuka killed the dinosaurs! Evidence that tennis can be an evil game, can't get any clearer than this!
Mave

Postby Doubleshadow » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:19 pm

Mave (post: 1193394) wrote:OOH! The madness is far worse in anime format. *slaps forehead with huge salmon* XDDD

Tezuka killed the dinosaurs! Evidence that tennis can be an evil game, can't get any clearer than this!

Let me borrow that salmon. *smack* Nope, still remember.
I remember the first time someone posted a link to that. I thought a was a spoof, because there was just no way someone made that to be taken seriously, and found out not only was it true, but some CAA members were miffed that I'd even suggest such a thing. Sure, silly me. XD

The live action movie is pretty hysterical, too.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Tsukuyomi » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:21 pm

In Paranoia Agent, when one of the cops makes a very corny joke o.o
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby SnEptUne » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:51 pm

For me, it is when Keiichi recall how he bashed the skulls of the girls when they are only trying to cheer him up in Higurashi, and when Miyo Tanaka shows up when she was supposed to be dead in Higurashi Kai.
[SIZE="1"]Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs (1 Corinthians 13:4-5)[/SIZE]
SnEptUne

Postby Righteousss » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:29 pm

hmm

lol

on the dbz episode with bobidi revealed his secret weapon that hatches from the giant egg and ends up bieng...Bu!!! I was disappointed after seeing the outcome of all of the hours of suspense and spent watching for that moment. I mean c'mon some giant pink baby alien thing pops out of the egg and your like,"Thats it?...thats the doom of Goku and his pals?"
And after that what made it worser was that it was the last episode of the new series of dbz on toonami for a while until a month later newer episodes were put on. I was happy :)
Righteousss

Postby Kung_Fu_Master » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:35 pm

Mine was in Negima when Negi first walks into the classroom and 99.9% of the girls fall in love with him (He's 10 there 13 or so, You do the math)
World Domination or Bust :thumb:
Kung_Fu_Master

Location: In the Animation department at school with hours of homework.

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:03 pm

Realizing that I used to get up at 6:30 AM to watch Medabots.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby Aleolus » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:18 pm

Raiden no Kishi (post: 1193849) wrote:Realizing that I used to get up at 6:30 AM to watch Medabots.

.rai//

Hey, that was a good show!

Anyway, most any scene in Histories Greatest Disciple Kenichi with Nijima in it gets my hand and head acquainted quite well.
"Please stand down, I don't want meaningless bloodshed!" chaos-Xenosaga

"Who are you?"
"If I knew that, I wouldn't be suffering." - Hakuro, Utawarerumono

"Dirty thoughts are bad!" Mahoro, Mahoromatic

Help my dragons to grow, please!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Aleolus

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:47 am

Raiden no Kishi (post: 1193849) wrote:Realizing that I used to get up at 6:30 AM to watch Medabots.

.rai//

I can top that--

I used to program my VCR to record Beyblade when I had to go to school or work.

Back on subject before I completely embarass myself:

Eureka Seven - In the last episode, Renton gives Eureka back her hairpin, restoring her hair to it's former, sharp angled glory. Ugh. Personally, she looked better without it! Why mess with a good thing?!

Eureka Seven - I think it was in episode six, when, towards the end of the episode, Moondoggie gives his whole speech laced with surfer/street speak. Two thoughts ran through my mind]

[color=#4169e1]His and Her Circumstances - The episode "Progress". For those who've seen it, you'll know what I'm talking about. Though it was beautifully done, they really were too young.

Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:07 pm

The "Bonta-kun" army in FMP: Fumoffu
Everything Gai Daigouji does in Martian Successor Nadesico
"Oh no! Now you've got my weapon!" form the old Megaman cartoons
The Omake Theater shorts in every other volume of Utawarerumono
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:41 pm

There are plenty of moments in Clash of the Bionoids (the TERRIBLE English version of Macross: Do You Remember Love?), but the one that takes the cake is a line when Roy is trying to explain male/female interactions to the Zentradi:

"A man and a woman cooperate, and then a baby is born."

......................no words.

KhakiBlueSocks (post: 1194195) wrote:Eureka Seven - In the last episode, Renton gives Eureka back her hairpin, restoring her hair to it's former, sharp angled glory. Ugh. Personally, she looked better without it! Why mess with a good thing?!

Amen
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:52 am

Blitzkrieg1701 (post: 1194717) wrote:There are plenty of moments in Clash of the Bionoids (the TERRIBLE English version of Macross: Do You Remember Love?), but the one that takes the cake is a line when Roy is trying to explain male/female interactions to the Zentradi:

"A man and a woman cooperate, and then a baby is born."

"Cooperate?" So, THAT'S what it's called nowadays!

I just experienced my own ::forehead smack:: moment while watching "Getbackers"

In one episode, Ginji stays in droopy-Chibi form for a full five minutes! During which time, numerous characters pick Ginji up and hold him in their lap, much like a doll! It IS cute, but its so cooky!

This is a bit off topic, but it's still classifies as a ::Forehead Smack:: moment on my part. Yesterday I went on a bit of a shopping spree (read: rummaged through the "USED ANIME DVDS" at GameStop and FYE respectively), and only when I got home did I realize that all the anime DVD's I bought were from ADV.
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:17 am

KhakiBlueSocks (post: 1194837) wrote:This is a bit off topic, but it's still classifies as a ::Forehead Smack:: moment on my part. Yesterday I went on a bit of a shopping spree (read: rummaged through the "USED ANIME DVDS" at GameStop and FYE respectively), and only when I got home did I realize that all the anime DVD's I bought were from ADV.

Gamestop is a goldmine for cheap, used anime DVDs. I've gotten three complete series there so far.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby animaniac » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:38 pm

that was funny right as he does his cousin walks in LOLz
animaniac

Postby rocklobster » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:23 pm

Tsukuyomi (post: 1192659) wrote:All the times before Kagome yells,"SIT BOY!!!"

I like the scene in the first Inuyasha movie she says it like 8 or 10 times. That was hilarious.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Previous

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews