What Movies are you Watching?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby jon_jinn » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:39 pm

the_wolfs_howl wrote:I'm halfway through The Bourne Identity. So far, I like it (though I'm not too fond of the romance), but I'll save my final judgement for after I finish it.

the Bourne series is brilliant. i hope you enjoy the rest of the movie. i highly recommend watching the Bourne Supremacy and Bourne Ultimatum, as well.
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:11 pm

I recently watched the lion's share of Young Frankenstein. It's amazing the sorts of things people will watch, is it not?

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby Bobtheduck » Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:09 pm

Just watched "Bella"

It had a good message, good acting, but some confusing continuity issues... No clue as to whether what you were watching was memory, imagination, or chronological narrative at times...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby KeybladeWarrior » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:17 pm

Trying to find some time to watch the Transformers movie.
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All
The CAA Moderators.

"YEAH TOAST! TOCAA!"
KeybladeWarrior

Postby Danderson » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:36 pm

Can we say "E.T. Phone Home?"......If there's any movie that can make anyone fall in love with a puppet it's this one.....I love the 1st 15 min. becuase it makes you wonder if it's friendly or not....
Danderson

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:15 am

Finished The Bourne Identity, started The Bourne Supremacy. I'll be finishing The Bourne Supremacy tonight, but so far I can say that I like Identity better. It just seemed to flow better, and things were explained better too. But the same stuff is good about the second one as the first, so I'm a happy camper ^_^ And if I can work it out with friends, I might even see The Bourne Ultimatum this week, if it's still showing in theaters.

A couple things I've noticed in the Bourne movies is that there's lots of handheld cameras going on, and a lot of times in the one-on-one fights there's no music in the background. I love these things, because they make it seem that much more real. It's less cinematic, so you feel more like you're right there with the characters.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby jon_jinn » Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:55 pm

the_wolfs_howl wrote:Finished The Bourne Identity, started The Bourne Supremacy. I'll be finishing The Bourne Supremacy tonight, but so far I can say that I like Identity better. It just seemed to flow better, and things were explained better too. But the same stuff is good about the second one as the first, so I'm a happy camper ^_^ And if I can work it out with friends, I might even see The Bourne Ultimatum this week, if it's still showing in theaters.

A couple things I've noticed in the Bourne movies is that there's lots of handheld cameras going on, and a lot of times in the one-on-one fights there's no music in the background. I love these things, because they make it seem that much more real. It's less cinematic, so you feel more like you're right there with the characters.

i know. the shaky camera really adds to the mood of the movie. the music, when it's playing, is really intense and suits the mood of the movie. the fight scenes are excellently coreographed; especially in the bourne ultimatum. ultimatum does a perfect job of wrapping up all the loose ends and answering all the questions.

anyways, my mom just borrowed the movie, The Ultimate Gift, so i'm watching that with her. it's a somewhat interesting drama. starts off kinda slow...

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:13 pm

Rattatollie and Sicko last night
神 は、 その 独り 子 を お与え に なった ほど に 世 お愛 された。
独り 子 を 信じる 者 が 一人 も滅 ひない で, 永遠 の 命 お得る ため で ある。

ヨハネ 3:16
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Danderson » Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:20 pm

TMNT: The Movie....man, that was a lot better then I thought it'd be....The Ralph/Leo conflict was what really made the story work....thought the ending was a little lame, but was very impressed to hear a remixed version of P.O.D.s "Lights Out" during one of the battles....
Danderson

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:33 pm

Saw on TCM yesterday the WWII movie 'The Train' starring Burt Lancaster.Afterwards it was said that the scene where Lancaster's character is shot trying to escape was filmed so as to explain why Lancaster was limping at that point.Turns out that he had an accident during filming while playing golf and the director inserted the scene so that they would have a reasonable explanation for Lancaster's limp.
mitsuki lover

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:40 pm

Watched Constantine for the first time [yes, I know how long it's been out ~ quiet, you] last night. Interesting movie. Made for a good worldview-based discussion. And we also saw Keanu Reeves almost emote. Fascinating.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby Scarecrow » Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:43 pm

Narnia extended edition. Didn't really see anything different from the original release though I hadn't seen it since it was in theatres so... The battle at the end had some new shots I noticed but that was about it.
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:21 am

Finished Artificial Intelligence/AI. That is now on my list of favorite movies of all time. The metaphor of Pinnochio...the creepy and the sentimental mixed together...the questions it raises about what makes a human human.... Precisely my cup of tea ;)
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:23 pm

Saw the second half of a really great Dennis Quaid movie set during
World War II called 'Come To The Paradise' a couple days ago.It was about a Irish-American who falls for a Japanese-American.
mitsuki lover

Postby jon_jinn » Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:18 pm

i just bought The Goonies DVD because i noticed that it was on sale at Target for 3$. a light-hearted movie that never gets old.

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Doe Johnson » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:49 pm

I watched Enchanted the other day. I wish animals would do that when I sang...maybe the roaches could figure out how to clear one of the sinks in the bathroom. Right now it's just sitting there with drain clearing stuff in it...and it's been like that for about 12 hours...
The #1 Fan of mastersquirrel's Voice!

In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri. - Douglas Adams
I smell cinnamon roll-y!!

You fight like a dairy farmer!
The Giver of Quality Hugs
I felt a great bump in the Thread, as if millions of posts suddenly bumped in terror and were suddenly silenced.

No - My birthday isn't really on the Ides of March, but that is the fake date I use everywhere on the Internet.
Adopted: ishy

the cc is special ground, cc's provide protection to all who seek shelter there, no violence can be done in a cower corner - it is known
Doe Johnson

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:54 am

Watched The Mist the other day, good old school monster movie, And i also watched Shooter today a very good action flick and if you guys liked the borne series do yourself a favor and go watch shooter ( but be warned it has more language and violence then all the borne movies put together It is rated R for a reasonbut still its a great movie and violence is never to over the top.)
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:25 pm

Watched Ghosts of mars and completly rotted my mind with it. I almost think its a good thing though. Its a B movie for sure

GrubbTheFragger

Postby jon_jinn » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:21 pm

watched Monty Python and the Holy Grail at school today! the movie's hilarious!!!

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby mechana2015 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:16 am

Just got back from watching Enchanted. Great movie.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:27 am

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix on DVD!!! :dance: It's not half as spectacular on our dinky little TV, but it's still a cool movie :cool:

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:56 am

I watched Pan's Labyrinth last night. Brilliant movie! 10/10 (and I don't give tens easily).
This is not a movie for children.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby jon_jinn » Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:34 am

we're gonna start watching A Midsummer Night's Dream today in English class...

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:46 pm

Warrior 4 Jesus wrote:I watched Pan's Labyrinth last night. Brilliant movie! 10/10 (and I don't give tens easily).
This is not a movie for children.

Amen great movie and as you said deffently not for children. It was pretty graphic

My family just watched our yearly watch of A Christmas Story. Last night i watch Serenity, great movie, great plot, great characters, great lines. I also watched Smoking Aces for like the 12th time today.Such an amazing movie.

GrubbTheFragger

Postby jon_jinn » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:30 pm

watched A Midsummer Night's Dream today...

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Danderson » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:11 pm

Just wacthed The Nativity Scene (or is it story?....it's just way too late) with the family. Every time I watch it, I admire the cinematicness of it and wish every Christian film maker could make their films like this....
Danderson

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:47 pm

Just watched Boondock saints and wow, wow, wow,wow and well wow. Amazing movie easily on my top 10 maybe even 5 of all time.

GrubbTheFragger

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:07 am

End of the Spear.

I've been wanting to watch this movie for a long time, but only managed to do so yesterday. I loved it to bits; it was simultaneously cinematic and realistic (as far as I know), which isn't something that you see very often. The acting was superb, and I cried at three parts. I thought it was a wonderful movie to show a Christian perspective on the world, yet still be appealing to non-Christians.

And I have to admit that I thought the tribal language was very cool. (Can you say "Aenomenani" three times really fast?)

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Okami » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:28 am

We just watched, for the bajillionth time, A Christmas Story.

Classic. Pure classic.
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby jon_jinn » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:21 pm

i was watching Hotel Rwanda with my parents yesterday. quite a sobering, yet passionate film that really touched me.

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment