Polysics

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Polysics

Postby HiddenWoodchuck » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:19 pm

I just stumbled across this band on myspace... uhm, has anyone heard of them? lol I just found it interesting and thought I would post it up. It's interesting, I haven't heard anything quite like it. I didn't hear anything bad, but I dunno if there is any bad themes in the music or not anywhere, I can't understand it for the most part... :p I only know some Japanese, and singing that fast I can't understand a thing :forehead:

Here is a link for myspace http://www.myspace.com/polysicsna
Per his request, this user has been temporarily banned
HiddenWoodchuck

Postby Nikolai Melodie » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:52 pm

HiddenWoodchuck wrote:I just stumbled across this band on myspace... uhm, has anyone heard of them? lol I just found it interesting and thought I would post it up. It's interesting, I haven't heard anything quite like it. I didn't hear anything bad, but I dunno if there is any bad themes in the music or not anywhere, I can't understand it for the most part... :p I only know some Japanese, and singing that fast I can't understand a thing :forehead:

Here is a link for myspace http://www.myspace.com/polysicsna

I'm not too sure about bad themes either, I just like the sound. I guess I can judge by the concert crowd, as I'm getting dragged along with a MAJOR J-music fiend friend-of-mine to a Polysics concert at the end of the month.
:angel:
Nikolai Melodie

Postby HiddenWoodchuck » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:56 pm

Haha cool, you will have to post and tell how it turned out! :)
Per his request, this user has been temporarily banned
HiddenWoodchuck

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:03 pm

Polysics is pretty much the only Japanese band worth listening to.

I've been a fan of them for some time.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby beau99 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:10 pm

They're good, but if you don't like DEVO, you won't like them.
beau99

Postby Tancos » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:18 am

They'd be the world's greatest rock band if only Hayashi could carry a tune, and they're definitely the most energetic. They're well-represented on YouTube. Polysics or Die is a good compilation, but I suspect that their earlier recordings are better. As far as objectionalble content, who knows? Their Engrish lyrics make little sense.
Tancos

Postby LorentzForce » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:09 am

They don't really have anything "bad". More like, they don't really have any other message other than being completely fun.

Also, not all songs are out-of-this-world energetic. Some are quite... just normal rock with some keyboard. Not that that's really a bad thing.
LorentzForce

Postby Ichigo_89 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:06 am

Also recently stumbled into this band on myspace. Insane like catchy, annoying, and awesome all at the same time. Think I'll be buying some of their cds now...haha
Ichigo_89

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:21 pm

Tancos wrote:They'd be the world's greatest rock band if only Hayashi could carry a tune, and they're definitely the most energetic. They're well-represented on YouTube. Polysics or Die is a good compilation, but I suspect that their earlier recordings are better. As far as objectionalble content, who knows? Their Engrish lyrics make little sense.

Actually some of their older music was pretty bad. Back then they pretty much just made nonsensical music that barely had any melody. Now with songs like Electric Surfin' Go Go and You-You-You, I think it's a sign that they improved since then.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:28 am

They're not my favorite, but Polysics are still pretty fun wne I'm in the right mood. I love their video for "Mr. Roboto" :D

You know, they're playing near hear before too long. I've been debating whether I want to go check 'em out or not...
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Postby That Dude » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:08 pm

They are quite a fun band. One I'd pick some of their stuff up if I found it for a little cheaper.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:20 pm

Blitzkrieg1701 wrote:They're not my favorite, but Polysics are still pretty fun wne I'm in the right mood. I love their video for "Mr. Roboto" :D

You know, they're playing near hear before too long. I've been debating whether I want to go check 'em out or not...

I'd highly recommend it. I've absolutely LOVE to see them live in concert. As far as I know, their presentation in live shows are also quite interesting. XD
Mr. SmartyPants

Return to Jam Session