The network TV: anime schedule and schedule changes thread!

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby Roy Mustang » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:44 pm

animedude90 wrote:Yeah, I do miss Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, and NGE. But Toonami isn't that bad, sure they cut off Yu Yu Hakasho with no reason at all even though it wasn't the last season. They brought DBZ back which was what they originally had as the main show for Toonami way back in the late 90s and early 2000s.(That and Sailor Moon.) I do miss Toonami not being in the afternoons on weekdays anymore though. Plus it looks like they removed Miguzi all together, probably because the idea was stolen from Toonami. That or they just didn't get good ratings.(I don't know for sure.)

Yu Yu Hakasho and NGE didn't get good ratings. Yu Yu Hakasho was moved to 5 am time slot on Friday night a few years ago and they showed all of the eps of the series.

ChristianKitsune wrote:it woudl appear that AS would rather show the craptastic Perfect Hair Forever and that Minoriteam than Trinity Blood...

I wonder if that will continue this weekend?

As you can tell from now, they are still showing Perfect Hair Forever and Minoriteam on Sat now and it shows that it will be like that untill Oct 27.

Now one reason for the switch is, The BK have it your way contest.

On AS lineup on adultswim.com had, the block mark on the Sat taht the BK have it your way contest is and it said at the botton, don't be shock that its 3 and half hours of TB.

There was bump about a week ago on AS that had someone asking, about the BK have it your way contest and AS reply to it was, the same thing that was on AS.com website.

[color="Red"][font="Book Antiqua"]Col. Roy Mustang[/font][/color]
Roy Mustang

Postby ADXC » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:08 pm

Man, I sure wished I would have woken up that early on Fridays. But I did see all of NGE, I was just wondering why they didn't show it as much as the others. But now thanks to you I know why. And I also know like a while ago they showed CC(Case Closed) at 5am in the mornings as well, I was just to lazy to get up and watch them. Mind you this was before my house got DVR, and I didn't want to waist video tapes. So now Ive bought like almost all the dvds of CC, I just need to do some more ordering from Bestbuy and I'll be set(Well for at least the seasons they've brought to America).
ADXC

Postby mitsuki lover » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:42 pm

There are also several Case Closed movies as well.
To be honest with only watching AS on Saturday nights(Bleach and
Blood+ only)and between Ani-Monday and my own collection of anime
DVDs(plus one video)I haven't really missed watching AS week nights at all.
mitsuki lover

Postby ADXC » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:32 pm

Yeah I believe the next CC movie comes out this October.
ADXC

Postby ChristianKitsune » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:14 am

wait....so...the BK have it your way winner chose 3.5 hours of Trinity Blood?

When is this happening!? D:
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:08 pm

So now that Tokko is finished with what's up next on Ani-Monday?
mitsuki lover

Postby Roy Mustang » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:19 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:So now that Tokko is finished with what's up next on Ani-Monday?

Starting Oct 1st, the lineup will look like this.

11:00 pm Virus Buster Serge

11:30 pm Virus Buster Serge

12:00 am Noein

12:30 am Noein

Street fighter will be removed from the lineup

[color="Red"]
[font="Book Antiqua"]Col. Roy Mustang[/font][/color]
Roy Mustang

Postby ADXC » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:47 pm

Is it me or did Tokko sorta just stop and not really end?
ADXC

Postby mitsuki lover » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:33 am

It was only 13 episodes.Yes it did have the feeling at the end that there was going to be another series or OVA or movie or something as soon as they get around to it.
It's odd that they decided to pull Street Fighter II just after they got to
Cammy's introductory episode.I wonder if it was because the series was longer than they expected.
Any way I read where they also have plans of showing the Black Jack movie along with Read or Die and Blood:The Last Vampire.
mitsuki lover

Postby Roy Mustang » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:59 am

ChristianKitsune wrote:wait....so...the BK have it your way winner chose 3.5 hours of Trinity Blood? When is this happening!? D:

Well Adult Swim did it again and bump cards that they had a few weeks ago, were a joke being pulled.

There will be some anime on tonight, but it will not be three and half hours of Trinity Blood. They showed the lineup for Sat last night and I know FMA is one of them that will be on.

[color="Red"][font="Arial Narrow"]Col. Roy Mustang[/font][/color]
Roy Mustang

Postby ADXC » Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:40 pm

Bleach is on at 1:30 am just so you know. Im not sure if Blood Plus is on or not.
ADXC

Postby Roy Mustang » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:34 pm

animedude90 wrote:Bleach is on at 1:30 am just so you know. Im not sure if Blood Plus is on or not.

If they are on, there is really no point in watching them. When they have the BK have it your way, they will not air any new eps of anime, even if the person picks that anime for the lineup.

Roy Mustang

Postby ilikegir33 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:40 pm

One Piece's new dub was on at 9:00 central time. I watched it and it was amazing for an edited dub.
:dizzy: [color="Orange"]People are so crazy these days. If you are one of those crazy ppl, then copy this into your sig![/color]:dizzy:
MOES. "Take off every sig for great justice"
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators.
What I'll be reviewing in the future:
SoulTaker (soon to start)
Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid. Proverbs 12:1
ilikegir33

Postby ADXC » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:34 pm

Okay, but I will still watch Bleach. I was just pointing out that Bleach was on at that time, not necessarily stating that it would be new. This thread is about anime and what time they come on, not necessarily that they would be new or not. (Okay if that sounds rude, I appologize. I was defending my case, not that I really that I had a case.)

Oh yeah, I saw the new dub for One Piece as well. Its pretty good, Nami sorta sounds less feminine than the first dub was. I liked Sanji's new voice. Ossop has a new genius/inventor type feel to his voice not a naive, egotistical(I meant this as when he takes the credit for someone else's work), goofball. Zoro has a deeper voice. And I can't tell much difference from Robin's, Luffie's, and Chopper's new voices. Except that when transformed Chopper's voice doesn't change.
ADXC

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:41 pm

AS goes back to regular schedule this coming Saturday.Of note concerning Virus Buster Serge both Jessica Calvello (the original
Excel in the Excel Saga dub)and Veronica Taylor will be in it according to
the cast listing they have up at ANN.Also ANN lists Veronica Taylor as
the 4kids Nico Robin in One Piece.
Note:Ani-Monday will not air on Monday,October 29.I think it's because of the annual Twilight Zone Marathon for Halloween,but I could be wrong.
As far as the Funi version of One Piece went,I really thought that Luci
Christian sounded a lot like Kerry Williams,Colleen Clickenbeard came close to sounding like the original Luffy as well.
Nico Robin sounded a bit more phlegmatic though.
mitsuki lover

Postby Roy Mustang » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:28 pm

October lineup for Adult Swim

Note: All times are EST

Monday thru Friday lineup

From October 1 to October 26

12:30 am Bleach

1:00 am Cowboy Bebop

1:30 am InuYasha

2:00 am InuYasha

Reruns of the anime above, air from 4:00 am to 6:00 am

From October 29 to October 31

12:30 am Bleach

1:00 am InuYasha

1:30 am InuYasha

2:00 am Voltron

Reruns of the anime above, air from 4:00 am to 6:00 am

Saturday lineup

From October 6 to October 13

12:00 am Bleach New ep

12:30 am Blood+ New ep

1:00 am GITS:SAC 2rd GIG

2:00 am Astro Boy New ep

Reruns of the anime above, air from 3:00 am to 6:00 am

From October 20 to October 27

12:00 am Death Note New ep

12:30 am Blood+ New ep

1:00 am GITS:SAC 2rd GIG

2:00 am Astro Boy New ep

Reruns of the anime above, air from 3:00 am to 6:00 am

October lineup for Sci Fi Channel

From Monday Oct 1 to Monday

From October 1 to October 23

11:00 pm Virus Buster Serge

11:30 pm Virus Buster Serge

12:00 am Noein

12:30 am Noein

Roy Mustang

Postby ADXC » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:24 pm

Umm Mustang....Whats going to happen to Bleach once Death Note comes? Are they going to drop Bleach because of low ratings or is it that they haven't any more episodes in English to show? Because I really did like to watch Bleach and I REALLY want to know just so you know.
ADXC

Postby Roy Mustang » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:16 pm

animedude90 wrote:Whats going to happen to Bleach once Death Note comes? Are they going to drop Bleach because of low ratings or is it that they haven't any more episodes in English to show? Because I really did like to watch Bleach and I REALLY want to know just so you know.

Bleach will go on hiatus for an undetermined time. The ratings for Bleach have been fine, not great, but Bleach and Blood + have been in the top three a few times as highest rated shows on AS on Sat night.

Right now, AS is taken a bit of a hit with College football on Sat night and the ratings are down a bit, but nothing to worry about.

Now the week of Sept 22, the top three rated shows were for viewiers 18-34,

Futurama 728,000

Home Movies 465,000

Blood + 361,000

But still, there is nothing to worry about. Since Bleach is a very long series, I would bit that AS bought only 52 eps of Bleach first to see how it would do. I think they will order more eps of Bleach, but it maybe four or six months, before they will show up on AS and add the fact that they may have to wait for the dub work to catch up too.

This is what happen to FMA. Adult Swim could only show up to ep 26 and then they had to wait for FUNI to finish the dubbing for the rest of the eps and FMA was on a four month hiatus.

They are doing to show the rerun eps of Bleach on AS from Mon thru Friday night.

[color="Red"][font="Arial Narrow"]Col. Roy Mustang[/font][/color]
Roy Mustang

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:22 pm

I would think that they would bring Bleach back after Blood + finishes up
since Blood + is a relatively shorter series and is near it's end by now.
mitsuki lover

Postby Roy Mustang » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:36 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:I would think that they would bring Bleach back after Blood + finishes up

They may, but the hiatus for an undetermined time is meant as no new eps untill they get anymore. So, all we will get is reruns for now.

Roy Mustang

Postby ChristianKitsune » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:20 am

mitsuki lover wrote:I would think that they would bring Bleach back after Blood + finishes up

Blood+ isn't near it's end.. ^^; its about 50 or 52 episodes long you guys are only like... 26episodes through it...(maybe up to 30, I lost count.)
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:44 am

ChristianKitsune wrote:Blood+ isn't near it's end.. ^^; its about 50 or 52 episodes long you guys are only like... 26episodes through it...(maybe up to 30, I lost count.)

I kinda got lost around the time Kari...er...I mean, the character Laura Jill Miller plays came into it...as for Bleach, I really just gave up with it! The last good, LONG anime series that I really sat down and watched on Adult Swim was Eureka Seven--and even then I missed a few middle-episodes.
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby Roy Mustang » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:44 am

Blood + is 50 eps long and this week's ep is #27 that is part of the France arc.

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby mitsuki lover » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:24 pm

I thought it was only like 26 episodes long.I probably missread what they had on the Wikiepedia page for Blood+ or maybe whoever put it up only had seen the first 26 or so episodes.
mitsuki lover

Postby ChristianKitsune » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:42 pm

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:I kinda got lost around the time Kari...er...I mean, the character Laura Jill Miller plays came into it...as for Bleach, I really just gave up with it! The last good, LONG anime series that I really sat down and watched on Adult Swim was Eureka Seven--and even then I missed a few middle-episodes.

I love this anime, its not AS good as E7, but I sorta like the storyline more than Bleach right now. ^_^;
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby ADXC » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:10 pm

I can't really follow Blood+, probably because its rated mature. I watched the first few episodes but I stopped after that. Im not really the type who likes intellectual anime types, although I did sometimes watch Ghost in the Shell. I watched all of the Paranoia Agent episodes, which was a really weird anime that taught some lessons. But I do miss Case Closed though, which was intellectual and actiony. Eureka Seven was very good as well.
ADXC

Postby ChristianKitsune » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:32 pm

animedude90 wrote:I can't really follow Blood+, probably because its rated mature. I watched the first few episodes but I stopped after that. Im not really the type who likes intellectual anime types, although I did sometimes watch Ghost in the Shell. I watched all of the Paranoia Agent episodes, which was a really weird anime that taught some lessons. But I do miss Case Closed though, which was intellectual and actiony. Eureka Seven was very good as well.

although I have missed a few episodes of Blood+ I haven't really seen anything MAJORLY objectionable... I think the reason its rated M is because of all the violence and blood and stuffs. ^^;
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby ADXC » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:34 pm

No I didn't mean objectionable stuff, I meant I ususally can't follow the story line on M rated shows. Im just not one to get into M rated shows. And remember M also says it appeals to mainly adults not necessarily teens. Thats what I meant.

Im more a teen rated person myself. And thats the same for video games. I don't play anything above teen. Although Im now 17 so I can, I just prefer not to.
ADXC

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:38 pm

I thought it was rated PG-13.At least on the AS version.
mitsuki lover

Postby ADXC » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:36 pm

Well thats not what the little black box in the top-lefthand corner said. Well some episodes may be TV-14(Probably for the lack of objectionable content of the violence persuasion.), but its usually TV-MA .
ADXC

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews