Anti-Buddhist and/or Anti-Shinto Tunes?

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Anti-Buddhist and/or Anti-Shinto Tunes?

Postby CAAOutkast » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:30 am

I cant Find the Music Section so I'm gonna post it here. I have A Question:

Are their Any Anti-Buddhist and/or Anti-Shinto J-Music{rock,metal,rap,hip-hop,and pop}in Japan, Like there are Tons on Anti-Christian and Anti-Catholic Music here? I'm just Curious. I Also wanna Include TV Shows as well{if there are any}
Eternal Fan of Sailor Moon and the Original Mega Man!
CAAOutkast

Postby Ashley » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:26 pm

Moved to the proper section.
Ashley

Postby CAAOutkast » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:12 pm

Ashley wrote:Moved to the proper section.

Cool! Thanks,Ash!
CAAOutkast

Postby beau99 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:01 pm

There are a few (and I literally mean "few") Japanese bands who are anti-everything (including both of those religions), however none of their names are appropriate for this site so I can't say who. But I imagine they're just doing that for shock value and don't actually do it in real life (much like Slipknot and Marilyn Manson here).
beau99

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:17 pm

beau99 wrote:There are a few (and I literally mean "few") Japanese bands who are anti-everything (including both of those religions), however none of their names are appropriate for this site so I can't say who. But I imagine they're just doing that for shock value and don't actually do it in real life (much like Slipknot and Marilyn Manson here).

So short answer: No.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby GhostontheNet » Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:59 pm

beau99 wrote:There are a few (and I literally mean "few") Japanese bands who are anti-everything (including both of those religions), however none of their names are appropriate for this site so I can't say who. But I imagine they're just doing that for shock value and don't actually do it in real life (much like Slipknot and Marilyn Manson here).

Marilyn Manson has been known to respond to his critics that his performance persona has done nothing but satire the beliefs and actions of mainstream society, and thus they are in fact not so much criticizing him as criticizing themselves (which he has expressed in songs like Disposable Teens). From my own reading, religion has been in major decline in Japan for a plethora of reasons, and so, while I can't point out any such songs or bands, there's all the reason in the world to think they would exist (especially among music for alternative youth subcultures).
GhostontheNet

Postby CAAOutkast » Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:01 am

Then we'll just have to criticize and Change the culture,rather than the Entertainer.
CAAOutkast

Return to Jam Session