Tear-Jerking Moments in Anime

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby King of Fighter » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

The end of The Promised Place in Our Early Days.
King of Fighter

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:40 am

Episode...oh, something towards the end of Gankutsuou. [spoiler]Franz's death scene, and the way Albert cried afterwards.... T_T[/spoiler]
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby mitsuki lover » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:01 pm

When Deedlit is captured at the end of episode 11 of Record of Lodoss War OVA.
mitsuki lover

Postby ClosetOtaku » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:20 pm

Haibane Renmei, Episode 13 (and, if you are really sensitive, a key part of Episode 7)

RahXephon, Episode 19
"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." -- C.S. Lewis
ClosetOtaku

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:34 pm

[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"][color="RoyalBlue"]I am shocked and amazed nobody mentioned the scene in Trigun when...[/color][/SIZE][/font]
[spoiler][font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"]...right after Nick died, we see/hear Millie just sobbing her eyes out. That actually brought me to tears...just the way she was sobbing. Give that V/A a Cookie! [/SIZE][/font][/Spoiler]
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby Stephen » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:49 pm

I have never teared up from an anime. But sad mentions go out to Trigun for...

[SPOILER]Wolfwoods death[/SPOILER]

However. While no anime has got me, a game has. I teared up at the end of Metal Gear 3 Snake Eater. Those that have played, probably understand.

[SPOILER]It was not The Bosses death that was so sad, but the fact that she would be disgraced. She went to her death, knowing all of that. The games end was beautiful but depressed the snot out of me[/SPOILER]
Stephen

Postby meboeck » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:01 am

I've never cried because of an anime before, but these are the ones that have gotten to me emotionally:

Ashley wrote:Full Moon - [spoiler]when Mitsuki is crying on Eichi's grave!!! I was so depressed I couldn't listen to piano music for a week[/spoiler]

ClosetOtaku wrote:RahXephon, Episode 19

The only one I have to add that others haven't already mentioned is Princess Tutu. I don't think there's a particular moment but rather the whole series of events.
*insert poem, quote, or witty comment here*

"If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! -- [color=#cc3322]MOES."
[/color]
meboeck

Postby That Dude » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:35 pm

As already mentioned

Trigun
[spoiler]Wolfwood's death scene[/spoiler]

The whole series of Haibane Renmai is pretty sad.

The same goes for Now And Then, Here And There especially the last episode when,
[spoiler]Nabuca dies, Lala-Ru fades into oblivian, Sarah stays and also decides to keep the baby, Shu goes back to Earth[/spoiler]

Also
[spoiler]When Sarah tries to abort her baby by bashing her stomach with a rock and Shu almost has his hand smashed beyond repair while begging her not to[/spoiler]

Grave Of The Fireflies is probably the saddest movie that I've ever seen.

Kenshin Trust and Betrayal and Reflection OVA's are also very beautiful and sad.

Same goes for Voices Of A Distant Star and The Place Promised In Our Early Days.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby aalenfae » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:03 am

Oh, Grave of the Fireflies definitely!

I have a few more to add.

FMA
[spoiler]Nina dying, Hughes dying, Ed and Al's mom dying, Winry's parents dying, and when they find out who did it. ugh. Lot's of people die in that show. It's sad.[/spoiler]

Trigun
[spoiler]Nick's last scene in the church was powerful, and everyone's reaction to it. Also, Vash after killing Legato was sad. (It's amazing that he was so distraught after killing a bad guy.)[/spoiler]

Haibane Renmei
[spoiler]Kuu leaving and near the end when Reki is giving her little 'speech' on her true nature... and when she's in her dream and says "Help me!" and Rakka saves her.[/spoiler]
aalenfae

Postby That Dude » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:38 pm

I totally forgot about the Vash and Legato thing. The episode right after that one is one of the saddest in the show.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby desperado » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:52 pm

Gurren lagann

[spoiler] Kamina's death was pretty heartjearking

Jourgan and Bariboua were both pretty much "manly tears" moments. It was kinda awesome and so sad that they save their freinds and go out taking as many enemies as they can with them laughing together.

but Kittan sacrificing himself and how he went out was just heart renching and amazing as well. Specially when he kissed Yoko, he knew he was going to go die to save everyone on the ship.
[/spoiler]
desperado

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:48 am

The last...oh, say four episodes of Gankutsuou were uber-emotional; my face was screwing up of its own accord from anxiety and sorrow. The one part where tears were actually running down my face was in the second-to-last episode, where [spoiler]Fernand is holding Haydee at gunpoint, and then Gankutsuou points out that his henchmen have Albert at gunpoint as well. Then Fernand releases Haydee and is crying, "Hate me forever; kill me, but don't harm my son!" I also cried when Albert overcomes Gankutsuou by hugging him, and Edmond Dantes' death scene.[/spoiler]
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby VerityDemortem » Thu May 06, 2010 1:31 pm

Air [TV] made me cry in almost every episode.
VerityDemortem

Postby VerityDemortem » Thu May 06, 2010 1:40 pm

The second Tsubasa Shunraiki OVA . . .

[spoiler] When Sakura died - the expression of sorrow/horror/disbelief on Syaoran's face was heartbreaking, as well as Mokona's words: "It doesn't matter if she was a clone! Sakura is Sakura![/spoiler]
VerityDemortem

Postby Cap'n Nick » Thu May 06, 2010 1:44 pm

This thread had a long and happy life in 2007. Now it shall rest in peace. If you guys still want to talk about this feel free to start a new thread.
Cap'n Nick

Previous

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews