Blindside - The Black Rose EP

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Blindside - The Black Rose EP

Postby Kkun » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:44 pm

Blindside just put their new EP up in its entirety on their myspace page (http://www.myspace.com/blindside). They aren't releasing it on CD, only digitally. I hate that. Still. Listen and discuss.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby beau99 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:52 pm

It's availible on physical CD in Europe, though.

That said. I love the title track. It's a darn shame they're without a label again, because this is probably their best work and will most likely end up in my yearly top 5.
beau99

Postby Kkun » Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:15 pm

Yeah, same here. I'm really, really impressed with it. I think it's some of the most killer stuff they've released, and I LOVE everything they've done. I might have to see if I can get my hands on an import copy.
Kkun

Postby Tommy » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:48 pm

I have to say, I didn't find The Great Depression anything above average, but I like this new release.

Hopefully their new full length will carry the same goodness (coughcoughUNLIKEPODcoughcough).
Tommy

Postby beau99 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:43 pm

Uh, if you read around (there's a recent interview I found somewhere), you'll realize that this was going to be a full-length album, but they had to leave their label so instead of scrapping the entire session, they turned it into an EP. They won't be recording again for a while.

Oh, and P.O.D.'s last album didn't suck.
beau99

Postby Tommy » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:17 pm

I never said it sucked but it didn't carry the goodness that The Warriors Part 2 EP had.
Sorta like when Haste the Day moved "Substance" from That They May Know You to [/i]Burning Bridges[/i].

Testify was a good album (and a good song from RAGE).

BTW, I apologize to all of you, especially beau99 for not dedicating my life to doing research on bands.
I'm so sorry I didn't know they left their label.

Hopefully, they'll switch to Tooth and Nail.

EDIT:Didn't they used to be with Solid State?
Tommy

Postby beau99 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:44 pm

Tom Dincht wrote:
BTW, I apologize to all of you, especially beau99 for not dedicating my life to doing research on bands.
I'm so sorry I didn't know they left their label.

Hopefully, they'll switch to Tooth and Nail.

Uh. I didn't intend to sound so mean there.
I just like it when people know all the facts.

They were on Solid State (which as you should know is a division of Tooth and Nail) about 10 years ago and left them for good reasons. I don't think (from what I've read anyway) that they're gonna come back here for a couple years or so. And when they do, I don't think they'll go back to Solid State.
beau99

Postby Tommy » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:47 pm

Yeah, I know they used to be on Solid State, and yes, I do know is a division of Tppth and Nail.

I am ignorant as to why they left, but MxPx returned to Tooth and Nail after a LONG time, plus I find Blindside's recent material a lot more geared towards Tooth and Nail than Solid State.
Tommy

Postby That Dude » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:05 pm

I'm going to check this out soon.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Ichigo_89 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:55 pm

the new stuff is great. Just wish they would've released it on a CD in the states...
Ichigo_89

Postby Kkun » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:52 pm

Tom Dincht wrote:I have to say, I didn't find The Great Depression anything above average, but I like this new release.

Hopefully their new full length will carry the same goodness (coughcoughUNLIKEPODcoughcough).

ummm....except The Great Depression ruled, so I don't know what you're talking about it being anything above average.

This new stuff spits hot fire, though. I'm excited.
Kkun

Postby That Dude » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:03 am

This new stuff is super good. I wish I could get it in the states though...
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Seppuku » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:13 am

I expected a little more from the ep, it didn't really have that in-your-face edge like the others. tho the production quality sound better.

[url=myspace.com/seppukuasylum]myspace.com/seppukuasylum[/url]

"Theres no such thing as trolls!"
Then how do you explain the dead unicorns?
Seppuku

Postby Tommy » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:15 pm

Kkun wrote:ummm....except The Great Depression ruled, so I don't know what you're talking about it being anything above average.

This new stuff spits hot fire, though. I'm excited.

It's really rad to see YOU think it ruled, but that doesn't mean everyone else MUST agree with you.
I say I didn't find it anything above average, so I'm going to give it a 7 respectively.
Lyric-wise it was my favorite, but sound-wise, I would have to say their self-titled and Silence are tied, but I haven't heard About a Burning Fire besides the song "All of Us" which I hope is a slow track on that CD.

FYI, their next full length is set for release in January '08.
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby beau99 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:57 pm

Tom Dincht wrote: but I haven't heard About a Burning Fire besides the song "All of Us" which I hope is a slow track on that CD.

"All of Us" is about mid-tempo, album-wise.

"Shekina" and "Roads" are the two slow songs on that album.
beau99

Postby Ichigo_89 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:51 pm

The only reason why they're doing it like this is to get it to the fans as soon as possible. Kinda hard being lable-less and all. Besides, you can make it look pretty snazzy with a standard jewelcase.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ichigo_89

Postby Kkun » Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:38 am

Tom Dincht wrote:It's really rad to see YOU think it ruled, but that doesn't mean everyone else MUST agree with you.

Yes, it does.
Kkun

Postby Stephen » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:22 am

Tom wrote:It's really rad to see YOU think it ruled, but that doesn't mean everyone else MUST agree with you.

Actually, I think The Great Depression was an amazing album. I got a chance to catch them in Boston and see the live show while they were doing the tour...and it was freaken sweet. The only album from Blindside that Jamie and I disagree on was About A Burning Fire, which I hated. As for the POD mention earlier, I give the band massive credit for Testify. The 2003 released Self Titled album was by far, the worst album ever released by a band in the last like 50 years. I have never been so disgusted with the lack of decent lyrics, sound, or anything good at all. I gave up on POD after that album after being a huge fan for a while. Snuff and Brown were good, but I adored FEOST and Satellite. So for them to go the way of Self Titled was depressing. While Testify was not as good as the early stuff...it was a giant leap in the right direction. Now, back on topic...

I will have to get my hands on a copy of this EP.
Stephen

Postby That Dude » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:04 pm

I'm planning on getting a copy very soon. I'm excited that you can actually get it here.
That Dude

Postby Tommy » Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:44 pm

ShatterheartArk wrote:Actually, I think The Great Depression was an amazing album. I got a chance to catch them in Boston and see the live show while they were doing the tour...and it was freaken sweet. The only album from Blindside that Jamie and I disagree on was About A Burning Fire, which I hated. As for the POD mention earlier, I give the band massive credit for Testify. The 2003 released Self Titled album was by far, the worst album ever released by a band in the last like 50 years. I have never been so disgusted with the lack of decent lyrics, sound, or anything good at all. I gave up on POD after that album after being a huge fan for a while. Snuff and Brown were good, but I adored FEOST and Satellite. So for them to go the way of Self Titled was depressing. While Testify was not as good as the early stuff...it was a giant leap in the right direction. Now, back on topic...

I will have to get my hands on a copy of this EP.

I thought The Great Depression was a solid album, but not amazing.

I like Testify.
I just like the way the songs were that were on the EP and then transfered to Testify, more.

In my opinion, with the exception of "Will You", POD-Self-Titled does not exist.

It was a giant leap in the right direction.

Perfect way to word it.
Did you know in the booklet for their self-titled, a de-attached arm read 'God is Dead' in Spanish?
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby That Dude » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:46 am

So I picked up...Or rather downloaded the new album from the site...And it's super neato-tastic. Now the only Blindside CD that I don't have is "A Thought Crushed My Mind."
That Dude

Postby Kkun » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:48 am

That Dude wrote:So I picked up...Or rather downloaded the new album from the site...And it's super neato-tastic. Now the only Blindside CD that I don't have is "A Thought Crushed My Mind."

And that, good sir, is a crime.

I'm glad you like it, though. I need to buy the EP, myself. I just wish it was on CD. : (
Kkun

Postby That Dude » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:28 am

I do too. Oh well. At least I got a copy.
That Dude

Return to Jam Session