Project 86 Rival Factions.

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Project 86 Rival Factions.

Postby That Dude » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:12 am

Here's the tracklisting for the new effort by the amazing and groundbreaking band that is known as Project 86. This is probably going to have the most diverse sound of all their efforts. Wierd but definately good from what I've heard so far. Anyway here's what the CD's going to look like.

Evil (A Chorus of Resistance)
Put Your Lips to the TV
The Forces of Radio Have Dropped a Viper into the Rhythm Section
Molotov
Slaves to Liberty
Pull Me Closer, Violent Dancer
Illuminate
The Sanctuary Hum
Caveman Jam
Normandy
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Kkun » Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:11 pm

I am SO digging what I've heard so far. Evil is dancey, Put Your Lips to the TV has Andrew doing some weird as all heck shrieking stuff with his vocals, and The Forces of Radio... sounds like Project 86 doing old At the Drive-In. I'm EXCITED.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby That Dude » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:29 am

I'm quite digging what I've heard so far as well. It's really different but a good sorta different. Yuppers.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby RobinSena » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:10 am

ninja for god wrote:where can you listen to the songs!?!?!?!

You can hear 3 of the new songs here.
FKA: ChurchPunk[SIZE="1"]
MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll.
[/SIZE]
RobinSena

Postby Zilch » Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:47 pm

Working at a bookstore has its perks, such as knowing when right when this is going to hit shelves. I'm hoping it'll ship in the next couple days, so I can check in each glorious copy.
Uh-oh! Your sig have started to move! -- MOES.

I suppose you could find females attracted to you if you stop being bad at flirting. -MSP
Zilch

Postby Tommy » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:03 pm

I like this stufff, but I prefer their "Songs to Burn Your Bridges By" sound more.

I also dig their self-titled.
Tommy

Postby Stephen » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:19 am

My fav P86 album is still Truthless Heroes. But a close second is Drawing Black Lines. I hate STBYBB after the whole "We don't need no stinkin lables" bit. Where I actually got one of the online only copies...only like 2 months later to be rereleased on a lable. >.< I understand doing whats best for the band...but the album to me, was rendered meaningless. I adore everything I have heard off the new album, and plan on getting it as soon as possible.
Stephen

Postby That Dude » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:33 am

I thought that it was pretty lame that they tried to go indie only to release it on a label but as far as sound goes I have to say that STBYBB is probably my tie for favorite with DBL.
That Dude

Postby Tommy » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:43 pm

I own "Drawing Black Lines", but the only song I've heard from it is "One-Armed Man."
Tommy

Postby That Dude » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:34 am

It's a great CD. You need to listen to it more.
That Dude

Postby Kkun » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:54 am

I got to see a real copy of Rival Factions at work last night. The case is a TRANSLUCENT BLUE and the liner notes are done in like...3D. It's GREAT!
Kkun

Postby That Dude » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:46 am

Dude you should post some pictures of it if you can!
That Dude

Postby Kkun » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:50 am

I'll try to take my camera to work tomorrow and snap some shots of it.
Kkun

Postby Ichigo_89 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:59 am

I'm looking forward to this one as well. Waaay different from their other stuff (which was getting old)
Ichigo_89

Postby That Dude » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:00 pm

Coolness. Thanks Kkun!
That Dude

Postby Zilch » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:03 am

In anticipation, I bought my own copy of Drawing Black Lines whilst getting other people at my work stoked. A music store nearby opens at midnight for new releases, and I just might be there....paying the rest of the next week's gas money...:D

I suppose you could find females attracted to you if you stop being bad at flirting. -MSP
Zilch

Postby Kkun » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:06 am

comes out tomorrow. TO-MORROW!

Unfortunately, I might have to wait until next week to get it.
Kkun

Postby Ichigo_89 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:33 am

They were amazing at Ichthus. This random guy in the crowd was handing out black bandannas for the "Team Black" thing which I'm still not entirely sure what it is. For almost the ENTIRE set, Andrew was not on the stage at all. No, he was being held up by the crowd! THE WHOLE TIME!!!
Ichigo_89

Postby Tommy » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:48 am

I sorta miss when their vocals were more "rappy".

The stuff off Rival Factions seems sorta Maylene-ish (vocal-wise).
Tommy

Postby That Dude » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:34 pm

I'm planning on getting this tomorrow or Wednesday. I'm very excited.
That Dude

Postby Kkun » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:10 pm

Ichigo_89 wrote:They were amazing at Ichthus. This random guy in the crowd was handing out black bandannas for the "Team Black" thing which I'm still not entirely sure what it is. For almost the ENTIRE set, Andrew was not on the stage at all. No, he was being held up by the crowd! THE WHOLE TIME!!!

Team Black is their street team. It takes its name from the song of the same title off of the album Truthless Heroes.

dudes. I'm so excited. You have no idea. I think it's going to be really good. Most of the first impressions on MySpace are positive, with the usual "It doesn't sound like you, it sucks, blah blah blah" nay-sayers occasionally. I think it's going to slay.
Kkun

Postby Zilch » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:57 pm

I'm too good of a friend sometimes.

I had to trade in a bunch of cd's and bum a couple bucks off a buddy, but I got it.

And then I decide to be nice and let a friend rip it because it's her birthday.

Then I realize that I'm not going to see her again until Thursday. And I wept. Bitterly.

Zilch

Postby That Dude » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:09 pm

That sucks dude. I'll send up a prayer for you. ^_^
That Dude

Postby Kkun » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:29 am

I just got it. I'm digging it more than ...And the Rest Will Follow but not as much as anything else they've done. It feels good, though. I like it a lot.
Kkun

Postby That Dude » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:20 pm

Definately crazy weird. I'm digging it, though it's different from any of their other stuff. I wouldn't say that it's their best but it is their most unique so far.
That Dude

Postby Kkun » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:21 pm

It is CERTAINLY their most unique. I listened to the whole thing. I still don't know what to make of it. I like it, but boy, is it different.
Kkun

Postby That Dude » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:26 pm

That's exactly what I think Kkun. Well off to work now...
That Dude

Postby Tommy » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:38 pm

It's a good album, but I prefer their previous ones.
Tommy

Postby Stephen » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:18 am

Anyone that knows my taste in music...knows how big a P86 fan I am. I fell in love with Drawing Black Lines. I was one of the few people I know that "Got" Truthless Heroes, and loved that album. I was not a big fan of STBYBB. So I consider myself an honest critic of the band, and what they have done. Having said all that, I am madly in love with this new album. I will from now on, call it Truthless Heroes part 2. If you play the albums back to back...you will see what I mean. Lyricly...these 2 albums are a perfect match. TH being the soft side, RF being the heavier. Much in the vein as Smashing Pumpkins 2 disk album, Melancholy and the Infinite sadness. The uniqueness this album pulls off...sounds nothing like anything on radio right now. Seriously. I cannot think of a single thing that mixes the sounds and styles Andrew and co. are doing now. So I am amazingly happy with the new venture. Trying somthing new, somtimes flops. I think this time, they have hit the nail on the head. I give the new album 4 out of 5.
Stephen

Postby That Dude » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:11 pm

I agree with what you say Shatterdude, but I still enjoy their other albums more. Anyway this is definately one of the most unique albums out there. They get a ten for originality for this effort.

I think that I'll always be partial to DBL and STBYBB though...

Anyway RF is a pretty dang awesome CD and it'll probably be one my list of 10 best CD's of the year.
That Dude

Next

Return to Jam Session