Linkin Park

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Linkin Park

Postby Tommy » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:22 pm

Okay, let's give a thread about these guys another chance.

After finally purchasing The Hybrid Theory and Meteroa, I have come to realize the true greatness that is LP.

So tell me, what's your favorite Linkin Park album (including when they were Xero?

Also, for those who own, Minutes to Midnight, could you please give us your opinion on the album?
I plan on borrowing it from my friend.

You can also listen to their Xero stuff here:
http://xeroweb.tk/
Tommy

Postby everdred12a » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:40 pm

This poll will close on 10-22-2008 at 10:24 PM

I LOL'D

Tom Dincht wrote:Also, for those who own, Minutes to Midnight, could you please give us your opinion on the album?
I plan on borrowing it from my friend.

Everyone will form their own opinions of this record. That's already been proven. If you plan on borrowing it, then do so and give it a listen. Is there foul language? Yes. Politics? Yes. But it's not all there is in the album, and I think people look at the politics and language and write the album off as bad simply because of that. Don't rely on someone else to tell you if a record or group is good or not, that's a bad way to look at music. The only way to really go about it is to go out there and see for yourself.

everdred12a

Postby Kkun » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:24 pm

I'm with everdred. The new Linkin Park is pretty stellar. I think it's better, musically, than their old stuff even though Hybrid Theory and Meteora are the albums of my middle school and high school days. I think everyone should give the new one a chance, even with the unnecessary F-bombs and political bent.

The last track on M2M is amaaaazing. I wish Chester and Mike would just do an acoustic album.

My favorite album by them, though, is probably Meteora. It felt epic. The liner notes, the music, the lyrics...it was this cohesive whole that I listened to until my disc was scratched.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Stephen » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:17 am

Hey, what about Chesters band before LP, known as Grey Daze? Now that is old school! Anyway, I voted for Meteroa. Although the new one is seriously growing more and more on me.
Stephen

Postby ShiroiHikari » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:24 am

I gotta go with Hybrid Theory.

I STILL haven't heard the new album. ;_;
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Kenshin17 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:31 am

I am gonna have to go with Meterora simply because it has Numb, and that is my favorite LP song.

Also my opinion on the new CD, I listened to samples on iTunes and I did not like it. LP is not pop-rock and that is what that album sounded like it mostly was. I am saddened.
A nightingale in a golden cage
That's me locked inside reality's maze
Come someone make my heavy heart light
Come undone, bring me back to life
It all starts with a lullaby
Kenshin17

Postby Danderson » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:54 am

Though I don't own Reanimation, I've always been a fan of remixes (especially Linkin Park remixes)

I actually like the Linkin Park remixes better then the original songs...but that's just me...
Danderson

Postby beau99 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:29 am

Kenshin17 wrote:
Also my opinion on the new CD, I listened to samples on iTunes and I did not like it. LP is not pop-rock and that is what that album sounded like it mostly was. I am saddened.

Hybrid Theory and Meteora were more pop than Minutes to Midnight will ever be.

That said, they all have their high and low points and therefore I don't have a favorite.
beau99

Postby Tommy » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:49 pm

everdred12a wrote:I LOL'D

Why?

Everyone will form their own opinions of this record. That's already been proven. If you plan on borrowing it, then do so and give it a listen. Is there foul language? Yes. Politics? Yes. But it's not all there is in the album, and I think people look at the politics and language and write the album off as bad simply because of that. Don't rely on someone else to tell you if a record or group is good or not, that's a bad way to look at music. The only way to really go about it is to go out there and see for yourself.

I know all that, but it's nice hearing the opinions of others.
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby everdred12a » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:21 pm

Tom Dincht wrote:Why?

Because the poll wont' close for another year or so.

I know all that, but it's nice hearing the opinions of others.

That's fine, but the point I was getting at is, just because one person says something is bad doesn't make that true. It's all well and good to have other people's opinions to help you make a decision, but that shouldn't deter you from trying something.

everdred12a

Postby Tommy » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:56 pm

everdred12a wrote:Because the poll wont' close for another year or so.

Oh yeah.
When I was asked how many days until the poll should close, I put down "500."

That's fine, but the point I was getting at is, just because one person says something is bad doesn't make that true. It's all well and good to have other people's opinions to help you make a decision, but that shouldn't deter you from trying something.

I agree.
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:49 pm

Minutes to midnight is my favourite album by them personally... despite the foulld language and politics.

Songs like "valentines day" "Leave out all the rest" and "What I've done" (yes the song used for the ending credits during the tansformers movie) Make up for it.

Of course I still love hybrid theory and meteora. Overall I think this band is just pretty solid.
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Formerly Known As Vernhal
//My Devart\\//My Sheezyart\\
Kuro-Mizu

Return to Jam Session