what kind of music do you like?

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

what kind of music do you like?

Postby tokiklok » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:18 am

what kind? mine is DDR classic rock german and japanese
Made by Seppuku ^-^

tokiklok

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:42 pm

I have ecletic tastes.
I enjoy classical and oldies mainly but some other stuff as well. :thumb:
mitsuki lover

Postby tokiklok » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:03 pm

thats cool
Made by Seppuku ^-^

tokiklok

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:11 pm

This should probably go in Jam Session, for future reference. :thumb:

Anyways, I like plenty of different kinds of music. XD I'm horrible at naming of genre, though, so I'll just name off a few bands...

Anberlin
Mae
Five Iron Frenzy
House of Heroes
Ben Folds
Fair
Billy Joel
Eisley
Boys Like Girls
Brand New

Granted, that's far from everything I like, and it's not even a good representation of what I listen to. XD Adding onto that, though, I also enjoy copious amounts of J-Pop, and I'm even beginning to like K-Pop. So yeah. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Stephen » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:36 pm

I asked you nicely on the last thread you put on the wrong board. Start posting threads on the right boards. If not, you may find your threads being deleted.
Stephen

Postby Hitokiri » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:05 pm

I like Metal. Namely: Gothic, Doom, Black, Folk, Death, Fantasy, Opera, Viking, and Thrash.

I also like in no particular order Goth Rock, Hard Rock, some and varied Rapcore, very few Screamo, Jpop, Jrock, oldies, jazz, soundtracks, orchestra, classical, classical rock, avante-garde, techno, ambient, electronica, stoned out, 60's, very few Christian, Alterantive, Pop, etc.

Here's some bands I like from the different genres:

Eluveitie (Folk metal)
The Summoning (Black Metal)
Virgin Black (Opera Metal)
Saviour Machine (Goth Rock)
UnderOath (screamo)
Maaya Sakamoto (Jpop)
HIGH and MIGHTY Color (JRock)
Beatles (oldies)
Fleetwood Mack (Oldies)
Bach (classical)
ACDC (Classical rock)
Kayodot (avante garde)
Undisocvered Moons (or Rings) of Saturn (ambient)
C, S, N, Y (60's)
Jars of Clay (Christian)
Kelly Clarkson (pop)
Hitokiri

Postby That Dude » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:51 am

I like loud music. And weird music. Well pretty much I like whatever I think sounds neat. I'll do what RadDreamer and Hitokiri have done and put some bands that I enjoy up there.

MxPx - Punk
Dead Poetic - Screamo (straight up rock for their newest CD)
Saviour Machine - Goth Rock
Joy Electric - Electronic Pop
Aural Vampires - Japanese Goth Pop
Godspeed! You Black Emperor - Instrumental Progressive Rock/Classical
The Photo Atlas - Post Hardcore/Dance Punk
Beloved (us) - Hardcore
Mortal - Sci-Fi themed Industrial
Circle Of Dust - Darker Industrial

There's a few bands that I enjoy from those genres.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Kkun » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:54 am

I like anything that is new, different, and exciting.

I also like stuff that is crappy, but I don't care because I like it.

My favorite genre is "punk," but I consider the genre "punk" to be very, very broad. I also listen to a lot of indie rock, some metal, some hardcore, some rap, some country, blah blah blah etc. etc. I like a lot of stuff.

(some of) My favorite artists would be mewithoutYou, Showbread, Blindside, Five Iron Frenzy (RIP), the Blood Brothers, Coheed and Cambria, Thursday, and Regina Spektor.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby That Dude » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:57 am

I totally forgot to put MewithoutYou on my list of stuff. Darn. You kicked my pants Kkun.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:47 pm

I like 60's stuff (British Invasion, Folk Rock, Psychedelic) and stuff that sounds like it came from the 60's (Indie Pop, Chamber Pop, certain brands of Alternative Jrock)
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Postby Tommy » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:52 pm

Pretty much everything.

Heavy Metal, Folk Rock (like Jars of Clay), Indie, Classic, Some Rap, Punk, ect. ect.
Tommy

Postby ilikegir33 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:01 am

I dunno. Ska (like Lily Allen/Amy Winehouse), Electronic Rap/Rock (Gorillaz), indie, rapcore, classic metal (you know, Motley Crue), comedy rock (Weird Al, Tenacious D, etc) some rap (Fort Minor rocks) and a lot of other genres.
:dizzy: [color="Orange"]People are so crazy these days. If you are one of those crazy ppl, then copy this into your sig![/color]:dizzy:
MOES. "Take off every sig for great justice"
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators.
What I'll be reviewing in the future:
SoulTaker (soon to start)
Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid. Proverbs 12:1
ilikegir33

Postby EricTheFred » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:44 am

I've been into chamber and symphonic music my whole life, especially early Twentieth Century guys like Vaughan Williams, Sibelius and Shostakovich. Because of my upbringing, I'm also big on Norwegian folk and Cajun folk. I've also enjoyed Rock, especially 60s through 80s, and Jazz of many stripes and colors. The combination of all of the above explains why my favorite recording artists are Vangelis, Yokko Kanno, and Trans-Siberian.
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May He cause His face to shine upon you.
May He lift up His countenance and grant you peace.

Maokun: Ninjas or Pirates? (Vikings are not a valid answer, sorry)

EricTheFred: Vikings are always a valid answer.

Feel free to visit My Writing.com Portfolio

Largo: "Well Ed, good to see ya. Guess I gotta beat the crap out of you now."

Jamie Hyneman: "It's just another lovely day at the bomb range. Birds are singing, rabbits are hopping about, and soon there's going to be a big explosion."
EricTheFred

Postby Danderson » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:18 pm

Man, don't get me started with music....I baisically like just about all kinds of music..it all depends on the mood and the setting...
If you were to ask my top three fav. genres here they are:
1. Nu Metal (Red, Linkin Park, ect)
2. Movie soundtrack (James Newton Howard, Hans Zimmer, ecT)
3. Alternative rock (Skillet, Breaking Benjamin, ect)
If you were to ask me my three least favourite genres here they are:
3. Country...
2. Hip-Hop/Rap
1. Jazz

I actually will listen to these genres at times, but again it just depends on my mood and the settings...
Danderson

Postby Eric » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:20 pm

[non-mainstream] metal including:

death metal
black metal
thrash metal
doom metal
progressive metal
power metal
deathcore
some [non-typical] metalcore
melodeath
industrial metal
folk metal
jazz metal
grindcore

various electronic-related music including:

industrial
noise
ambient
dark ambient
black ambient
martial industrial
neofolk
intelligent dance music (IDM)

also:

Middle-Eastern
Celtic folk
jazz
classical
gothic
avant-garde
post-rock
J-pop

Also, anyone that claims to listen to "just about everything" is dead wrong. There are tons of genres/subgenres/etc. that the vast majority of the human population is completely unaware of, including some of what I listed here. We all only listen to a very small fraction of what's out there.
Eric

Postby Ichigo_89 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:06 pm

I'm mostly into heavy music. (metalcore, folk metal, thrash,death, w/e sounds awesome) But enjoy my fair share of indie ish rock like MewithoutYou, Edison Glass, Mutemath. Also love Electro, house, industrial, trance, etc. And anything that's obscure and really interesting (Neon Horse anyone?) yah stuff like that.
Ichigo_89

Postby GhostontheNet » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:45 pm

Gothic, Industrial, Synthpop, Post-Punk, Baroque, Classical, Ambient, Electronic, Orthodox Chant, Celtic, Jazz, J-Pop.
GhostontheNet

Postby That Dude » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:07 pm

What exactly is Baroque music Ghost?
That Dude

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:18 pm

I have a range of interests, mostly rock, hard rock, opera metal, some screamo, and dance.

I do not care for rap or country.

Favorites:

Nightwish (Opera Metal)
Evanescence (Gothish Rock? Feel free to correct me on the "correct" genre name. XD)
Thursday (Screamo)
Anberlin (Rock)
Weird Al (Comedy)
ATB (Dance)

I have a feeling I'm forgetting one or two. XD
Azier the Swordsman

Postby GhostontheNet » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:44 pm

That Dude wrote:What exactly is Baroque music Ghost?

Baroque is a particular style of Classical music that began in around 1600 and continued until somewhere around 1760. Baroque is very elegent and ornamental in the way the music progresses. The harpsichord is the bread and butter of a baroque chamber, while various stringed instruments set the tone of the music emotionally. One of the greatest examples of baroque music is Handel's Messiah, which is a personal favorite of mine. Anyone interested in Baroque Music should check out the internet radio station Otto's Baroque Musick at http://1.fm/ .
GhostontheNet

Postby GhostontheNet » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:56 pm

Azier the Swordsman wrote:Evanescence (Gothish Rock? Feel free to correct me on the "correct" genre name. XD)

Their early EPs and the album Origin fuse elements of Metal, Gothic Rock, Industrial, and Jazz. On the whole, if you had to force a genre classification at that era, it would be Gothic Metal. Then, following the album Fallen, Evanescence would keep these elements to a much lesser extent (say, as hooks for songs), and would preserve the dark romanticism of their aesthetics and their fusion of religious and horror imagery in their lyrics, but their music on the whole would be straight Metal.
GhostontheNet

Postby Tommy » Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:49 pm

I find Origins their best album by far.
Especially the song "Lies."
Tommy

Postby GhostontheNet » Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:01 pm

Tom Dincht wrote:I find Origins their best album by far.
Especially the song "Lies."
Origin is so excellent because its so experimental in the way it incorporates all the elements together while remaining a strong and coherant whole. Naturally, mistakes were made here and there in the middle of songs, mistakes that would come to their pinacle with Fallen when the band was adapting to its more straight-Metal sound with the older elements pushed to the edges. As to the song "Lies", it is quite a highlight of the album. You start out with that ethereal intro which possesses that quality so beloved in gothic music that I like to refer to as "the spooky swirls", then the song fizzles into raw industrial degeneration, followed by an artfully timed mixture of metal chords and Batcave/Deathrock style Gothic dischords (ala. the Bauhaus or Christian Death under Rozz William's control, rather than under the charmless anti-Christian bigot Valor Kand). And, of course, Amy Lee sings with that wonderful ethereal vocal of hers that cuts right into the soul to sing of important questions on matters of the soul.
GhostontheNet

Return to Jam Session