In-order or shuffled?

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

In-order or shuffled?

Postby Slater » Tue May 22, 2007 8:22 pm

When you fire up your media player, do you listen to your music in a particular order or shuffled?

For example, do you listen to an album starting with the first song, then the second, followed by third, and so on? Or do you load albums in and hit the random-order button?
Slater

Postby KBMaster » Tue May 22, 2007 8:27 pm

I like my songs on the shuffle setting.
KBMaster

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Tue May 22, 2007 9:07 pm

I must have ORDER!!!!

...unless I'm picking out one track after another myself. Well, even then I don't trust the Shuffle setting to pick for me.
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue May 22, 2007 9:41 pm

I always listen to albums in order. XD

There are some days, though, when I can't choose what to listen to, that I just click "all songs" and shuffle them. Any other day, though, I always have my music in order. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue May 22, 2007 10:03 pm

Sometimes I listen in a certain order. Sometimes I like to throw everything in there and hit "shuffle". It just depends on my mood.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Ninja Rob » Tue May 22, 2007 10:15 pm

If it's an album I never listen to it on random. If it's my iTunes then it's mostly on shuffle.
"That Man, born in That Day and also known by the alias This Guy or That Person, is well-known among ninja of the world for developing That Jutsu and his key role in That Incident. However, he should not be confused with That Man who is That Man but is not really That Man." -Uncylopedia.org, on the Naruto character That Man
Ninja Rob

Postby beau99 » Wed May 23, 2007 5:23 am

Shuffle, baby.

Even when I'm listening to certain artists, I shuffle. That way it's a complete surprise each time.

The only time I don't shuffle is when certain tracks segue into each other.
beau99

Postby Smile:) » Wed May 23, 2007 6:28 am

I don't like the Shuffle setting it never plays the songs I want!!!!
I almost always skip tho, I never listen to music order.
[color="Lime"]I[/color] [color="Lime"]You People![/color]
Smile:)

Location: In wonderland having tea with the Mad Hatter, and the March Hare. It's our unbirthdays!

Postby rii namuras » Wed May 23, 2007 6:36 am

(Because iTunes doesn't allow me to pick the order of the songs ::glares at iTunes:: I usually put it on shuffle. For playlists, though, I have them in order of most listened to, so sometimes I do order too. Only sometimes.)
rii namuras

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Thu May 24, 2007 7:16 pm

I don't have a fancypants ipod or anything, just cd players (a personal one and a stereo). For those I of course go in order. But when I wanna fire up my Xbox 360 playlist, I gotta go random. There's too much on there to do it in any sort of order.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Return to Jam Session