Lost

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby the_lizardqueen » Fri May 04, 2007 9:10 am

[spoiler]*high fives RD back*

Haha, yes, we rock on the predicting front :D

Definitely a very dramatic and interesting episode. I'm still not sure how I feel about the direction in which Lost is heading with real world events and character histories colliding with on the island. In a way I found it rather tragic back in Season One when you were left believing that the characters wouldn't be able to find resolutions due to being trapped on the island. It was nice to have touches like Sawyer having met Jack's dad shortly before boarding the plane but whoa, have they been throwing some whopping real world connections our way this season.

It's certainly keeping things lively, but I do find it a little bit of a sell out to simply hand a character a folder that reveals the complete history of another character. I'm thinking they could have found a more subtle way to reveal Anthony Cooper's involvement with both Locke and Sawyer, perhaps by actually having two characters actually talk to one another? Then again, that might've been completely clunky.

Also, this has been bothering, do we have proof that Anthony actually was Locke's dad? He's seeming like a big enough jerk that he might've conned Locke into thinking that. I was definitely glad to see him getting what he deserved, brutal as it was :/ [/spoiler]
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Fri May 04, 2007 10:27 am

[SPOILER]I think the proof was medical. Between all the tests that come before a kidney swap, I doubt there's any way that they wouldn't have discovered a definitive answer one way or another, and Locke wouldn't have gone through with it if the answer wasn't "yes."

Also, I didn't mind the folder business at all. Let's be honest, how often have Sawyer or Locke ever spoken to ANYONE about these particular chapters of their life? I don't see any way those paths could have convincingly crossed without a third party swooping down and dropping the information in someone's lap (which is what happened, of course)[/SPOILER]
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Postby the_lizardqueen » Fri May 04, 2007 11:13 am

[spoiler]My memory is a little rusty, but in Deus Ex Machina wasn't the nurse oblivious to Locke's relation to Anthony? From what I can recall when Locke woke up the nurse told him that he had done a very kind thing, sounding as though she thought that the patients were acquaintances, not blood relations. That may have simply been an oversight by the nurse alone and it may have been to simply stress how Anthony had ditched Locke, but it makes you wonder.[/spoiler]
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

the_lizardqueen

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Fri May 04, 2007 6:56 pm

[SPOILER]You know, I had completely forgot about that.

Then again, Anthony never really DENIED that he was Locke's father, even after it ceased to be beneficial for him to say he was. All he ever told Locke after was that "wasn't wanted."[/SPOILER]
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Postby rocklobster » Sat May 05, 2007 4:06 pm

[spoiler] I'm beginning to not like Locke all that much. James better watch it, he's beginning to find people beating him at his own game! And now, let me make a prediction: James will not listen to the whole tape.[/spoiler]
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Sat May 05, 2007 10:32 pm

[SPOILER]I'm not sure I understand what your predicting. It's not really a long tape, and the whole thing seems equally incriminating for Juliet. Why would he only listen to part?[/SPOILER]
Image Image

Blitzkrieg1701

Postby rocklobster » Sun May 06, 2007 4:08 am

[spoiler] because he doesn't trust her to begin with. I predict he won't even hear the part where Juliet says to Ben, "I hate you."[/spoiler]
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun May 06, 2007 9:40 am

rocklobster wrote:[spoiler] because he doesn't trust her to begin with. I predict he won't even hear the part where Juliet says to Ben, "I hate you."[/spoiler]

[SPOILER]He wouldn't hear that whether he listened to the whole tape or not. Juliet stopped the recording before she said that.[/SPOILER]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed May 09, 2007 8:07 pm

HOLY CRAP.

[SPOILER]LOCKE IS DEAD!! THAT was SUCH a shocker. Ben is crazy and is just as evil as everyone thought he was, if not moreso; I didn't realize that he was the one responsible for the purge. I knew he killed his father because of the "filler" episode (which now has a point XD) where Sawyer and Hurley found "Work Man" Roger in the van with all the beer, but teaming up with The Hostiles to kill the entire population there? Man.

Also, did anyone else notice--Richard hasn't aged! He was the same when he found Ben in the jungle, when he killed off the town, and in the present. Also, what's with Jacob? Is he a ghost? A trick? The Monster?

And it totally sucks that they killed Locke, now that I was just starting to think he was cool again. XD

Also, I'm 100% sure Juliet can be trusted now. And I'm glad Jack has his head on straight again, too. XD The next few episodes, including the season finale, are going to be amazing. I can't wait, seriously. XD[/SPOILER]

Man. That was excellent.

EDIT:

I'm a little hesitant to post this, because I know how feeble these kinds of theories can be. XD Here goes, though...

[SPOILER=Theory Regarding Jacob]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u264/gr4m/lost/WTFBBQjacobenhanced.jpg

That's a screencap from the show tonight. Who do you all think it looks like? The theory currently circulating states that it's Locke. Meaning Locke IS Jacob. Remember the game that Lost promoted over this past summer? One of the "books" involved was entitled Bad Twin by a "Gary Troup" (purgatory acronym). Now, what I think is that, if this theory with Locke is true, then this "Jacob", the "other Locke", is the Bad Twin the book references. Granted, I haven't read the book, so I'm really taking a shot in the dark with that, but it's certainly interesting to think about.[/SPOILER]

Your thoughts?
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Wed May 09, 2007 8:42 pm

:wow!: :wow!: :wow!: :wow!: :wow!:

[SPOILER]First off, I think it's VERY premature to assume that Locke has actually died. After all, he was still JUST BARELY hanging on when the episode ended. If they wanted to openly kill him, it would only have taken another second or two to show that last-breath-while-the-eyes-glaze-over thing that removes all doubt. If there was anyone The Island would seem inclined to work some healing mojo on, it'd be Locke. Of coruse, if that's the case, I'm sure we'll have to wait until the season finale to find out.

As for Jacob? ...I have NO FRIGGIN' IDEA what's happening. He/it doesn't strike me as The Monster, since Ben seems to know a lot more about him/it than Juliet indicated anyone knew about The Monster. Then again, I'm so completely bewildered that I probably shouldn't try to figure ANYTHING about regarding this little piece just yet. I gotta wonder, though, what was that ash/dirt/whatever in front of the cabin?[/SPOILER]
Image Image

Blitzkrieg1701

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed May 09, 2007 8:53 pm

Blitzkrieg1701 wrote:[SPOILER] I gotta wonder, though, what was that ash/dirt/whatever in front of the cabin?[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER]I think it's volcanic ash. The teacher did say earlier in the episode that there was a volcano on the island, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's what it was. Also, be sure to check out the edit I made in my post just now...I'm curious to know your opinions on it. XD

By the way, it looks like we're finally getting that Survivors/Others war that we wanted back in season 2, when Jack came to Ana Lucia about it. XD I'm so excited. XD[/SPOILER]

Radical Dreamer

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Wed May 09, 2007 9:08 pm

[SPOILER]Hmmm... I haven't read the book either. I didn't think they were going to incorporate too much of all that game stuff into the core of the show (and I think this cuts pretty close to the core, don't you?), but having already established how little I know, I really shouldn't speak.

Anyway, it wouldn't be the STRANGEST thing to happen on The Island so far. After all, Walt had some pretty wacky mental/psychic/whatever stuff going on. Why not some other characters? My question, though, is how Jacob could be Locke when Locke only recently arrived but Jacob seems to have been there a WHILE. Of course, since I know next to nothing about this "bad twin" idea, I can't really be sure that's a problem.[/SPOILER]
Image Image

Blitzkrieg1701

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed May 09, 2007 9:34 pm

This came from another site, I don't know which one; my brother just copy/pasted it to me. XD

[SPOILER=Further Theories Regarding Jacob]"That's Locke with a wig. The island belives in Locke as a successor. Look at the chiseled chin, look at the forehead.
'Jacob' is simply the island. Jacob doesn't exist, its a figment created by Ben, to make the others believe he is not evil and that he is simply following orders.
Jacob is the voice/life/presence of the island. Jacob is just a figure that Ben sees, and has been passed down the others as the head figure that Ben reports to. Just as Ben hears something from different from Jacob, Locke hears 'help me'. Ben is the poison of the island and needs to be exterminated. This why Locke was instantly chosen to be cured when he landed on the island. Locke has been chosen from the beginning, and I think Locke knows it. Remember the the dreams Locke had about the airport...

The Black smoke takes a different form for everyone who encounters it on the island.

Jacob is Ben's black smoke"[/SPOILER]

That sounds like a pretty good theory, to me. XD We'll see where all this goes, though. XD

Radical Dreamer

Postby Gypsy » Thu May 10, 2007 3:54 pm

Yeah ... I was pretty floored after last night's episode. And so confused ...

[spoiler]So ... Kate's probably pregnant, huh?[/spoiler]
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu May 10, 2007 7:06 pm

Gypsy wrote:Yeah ... I was pretty floored after last night's episode. And so confused ...

[spoiler]So ... Kate's probably pregnant, huh?[/spoiler]

[SPOILER]There's a good chance. XD I'm definitely betting on a "yes" for that one.[/SPOILER]

Oh, and just for fun, I noticed something today.

We were looking over Alfred Lord Tennyson's poem "Ulysses" today in English, and this naturally brought up a conversation about The Odyssey. As we talked about it, I was reminded of some things that I had forgotten when I last read it. Odysseus, who went on a long journey against his will, had a "faithful wife" named Penelope. Maybe it's just 'cause I was stoked about Lost today, but I think I'm seeing more literary Lost parallels, with Desmond as Odysseus and...well, Penelope is a given. XD

Radical Dreamer

Postby crossalchemist » Thu May 10, 2007 7:14 pm

Lol:

[Spoiler] the ash wasn't ash, it was sand. Also, I could have sworn I saw someone sitting in the chair for one second! Jacob is real. also I had a dream that night after seeing the episode that Jacob is the black thing or that he controls it, and that the black thing came down to wear Locke was and combined with him so he wouldn't die. Then Locke arrived back at the beach right when Ben and the Others showed up to steal t3h womans. Locke went all crazy with his eyes turned black and killed a few Others, drove the rest off, and he was most decidedly evil with evil supernatural powers to boot. Kinda like the Un-Man from C.S. Lewis' Perelandria. He then went back into the jungle. I think in my dream it lead to the end of the series...[/spoiler]
formerly known as linwood

"The power of Christ forgives you!"
-Brett (a friend from college, parodying the famous line from 'The Exorcist'.)

My new homepage!

My Infamously Semi-Famous Story Blog:
The Sheehy Brothers Adventures!

Dr. Bryan Enderle, Chemistry lecturer at the University of California at Davis gives an excellent talk on Science vs. Faith once in a great while. I tried to record it once, with very limited success, this link is what I have.
Science vs. Faith
crossalchemist

Location: Somewhere far far away, where they'll never find me.

Postby crossalchemist » Thu May 10, 2007 7:17 pm

One More thing...

[spoiler] I think the reason that Ben was so interested in what Locke heard Jacob say was because Ben hasn't actually heard Jacob's voice in a long time. Ben was pretty obviously faking talking to someone in the chair, at least in my view. I think Ben wanted to know so badly because he'd lost contact.[/spoiler]
formerly known as linwood

"The power of Christ forgives you!"
-Brett (a friend from college, parodying the famous line from 'The Exorcist'.)

My new homepage!

My Infamously Semi-Famous Story Blog:
The Sheehy Brothers Adventures!

Dr. Bryan Enderle, Chemistry lecturer at the University of California at Davis gives an excellent talk on Science vs. Faith once in a great while. I tried to record it once, with very limited success, this link is what I have.
Science vs. Faith
crossalchemist

Location: Somewhere far far away, where they'll never find me.

Postby the_lizardqueen » Fri May 11, 2007 9:06 am

I'm still trying to process the episode..
[spoiler]So after all that build up and debating, Jacob is an invisible dude with a technology phobia hanging out in an old ramshackle cabin in the woods? For some reason the cabin scene kept bringing the video for George Harrison's 'Got My Mind Set On You' to mind, but slightly creepier ^^;

I was also perplexed to find out that the Others killed the Dharma group and essentially took over their lives in the Island suburbia. What the heck was up with the one fellow that seemingly hasn't aged even remotely despite being significantly older than Ben? You know, the one the one with the dark hair, handy life story folders and eyeliner?

The bit with Mikhail and the sonic fence was pretty funny though. If the non lethal setting causes brain oozage from the ears, I'd rather not see what happens at a higher level. Hehe, little Ben also resembled Harry Potter somewhat, and shame on him for the continual bunny abuse![/spoiler]

the_lizardqueen

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri May 11, 2007 9:15 am

the_lizardqueen wrote:[spoiler]I was also perplexed to find out that the Others killed the Dharma group and essentially took over their lives in the Island suburbia.[/spoiler]

[SPOILER]Yeah, I remember they said something about "The Hostiles" in the Dharma video that Locke watched in Mikal's house. My brother and I both think that "The Hostiles" are part of the Hanso Foundation, which was taken over by...that guy whose name starts with an M. XD I forget. It was part of that summer thing though, and I think the videos are probably still on Youtube. Anyways, I'm excited to see where it's going, and yeah, I'm curious about ageless Richard too. XD[/SPOILER]

Radical Dreamer

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Fri May 11, 2007 11:04 pm

[SPOILER]
crossalchemist wrote:[Spoiler]Also, I could have sworn I saw someone sitting in the chair for one second! Jacob is real. [/spoiler]

Yeah, somebody's there, all right. When Ben grabs onto the chair and shouts "you've had your fun," he's thrown back into the wall. After this happens, the camera quickly whips across the room, bringing the chair back into the shot for a split second. It's only a few frames, and there's a lot of motion blur, but someone's DEFINITELY in that chair!

crossalchemist wrote:One More thing...

[spoiler] I think the reason that Ben was so interested in what Locke heard Jacob say was because Ben hasn't actually heard Jacob's voice in a long time. Ben was pretty obviously faking talking to someone in the chair, at least in my view. I think Ben wanted to know so badly because he'd lost contact.[/spoiler]

I don't know. He may just be concerned that someone else could actually hear Jacob at all. It's already been hinted that Ben is afraid that Locke is undermining his authority. Then again, he really doesn't seem to realize that Jacob said "Help me," which does suggest he couldn't hear those words, at least[/SPOILER]
Image Image

Blitzkrieg1701

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat May 12, 2007 12:00 pm

Blitzkrieg1701 wrote:[SPOILER]

Yeah, somebody's there, all right. When Ben grabs onto the chair and shouts "you've had your fun," he's thrown back into the wall. After this happens, the camera quickly whips across the room, bringing the chair back into the shot for a split second. It's only a few frames, and there's a lot of motion blur, but someone's DEFINITELY in that chair![/SPOILER]

[SPOILER]Yep! I watched the episode from iTunes again yesterday and paused it during that scene. The screencap I linked to earlier is legit--someone is definitely there. And theory #63: Jacob is Locke's "dark side". Remember, from season one--the backgammon pieces. One side is light, the other is dark...hmm! :D[/SPOILER]

Radical Dreamer

Postby rocklobster » Sat May 12, 2007 12:25 pm

Is it just me or is the Dharma Initiative reminding you of Jonestown?

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed May 16, 2007 8:17 pm

Gyaaah. XD

[SPOILER]Why must they keep postponing Charlie's death scene? I mean, I really thought he was going to die this time. XD I figured someone would be in that hatch, though. Anyways, since tonight's was basically just a build-up to next week's (which I'm REALLY looking forward to), there's not a WHOLE lot to talk about, but man...I'm stooooked for next week. XD[/SPOILER]

Radical Dreamer

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Wed May 16, 2007 8:26 pm

Dude...

[SPOILER]LOTS of speculation and questions here...

I STILL say that Charlie won't actually die, not after dangling it in front of us this long. For a second, I really thought Desmond was going to go instead, but so much for that.

I wonder how gun toting Others factor into Desmond's vision? Speaking of which, why is anyone there? I thought Juliet said Ben didn't let anyone down there. (Also, wasn't one of them the flight attendant from the tail section of the plane? I thought she was in the Other's camp just a day ago.)

Ben really seems to be loosing control of the Others. Mr. I-Haven't-Aged-A-Day (what was his name?) seemed very unhappy over Locke's disappearance.

Speaking of control, Jack's really getting serious about being in command. How long do you think it'll be before someone tries to mutiny?

Boy, the parachute girl (darn it, I can't remember HER name either) seems to be taking thing's really well, huh? If I'D just crashed on a supposedly non-existent island populated by allegedly dead people about to go to war with somebody, I'd be a little more... I dunno... concerned.

Anyone else a little annoyed with the preview? The booby-trapped tent idea must not work right, because we see Ben holding the shooters hostage. There goes the suspense about that half of the operation...[/SPOILER]
Image Image

Blitzkrieg1701

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed May 16, 2007 9:11 pm

Blitzkrieg1701 wrote:[SPOILER]LOTS of speculation and questions here...

I STILL say that Charlie won't actually die, not after dangling it in front of us this long. For a second, I really thought Desmond was going to go instead, but so much for that.[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER]Yeah, I'm starting to agree with that theory. XD Although, I did like his whole "5 best moments" thing. Aww.[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER]Ben really seems to be loosing control of the Others. Mr. I-Haven't-Aged-A-Day (what was his name?) seemed very unhappy over Locke's disappearance.[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER]Yeah, I think Ben is insane, personally. XD Very sick guy. And the "hasn't aged a day" Other's name is Richard, if I recall.[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER]Speaking of control, Jack's really getting serious about being in command. How long do you think it'll be before someone tries to mutiny?[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER]I don't really see anything like that happening. The survivors WANTED Jack to lead, and Sayid was the one that pushed him toward it. Jack is supposed to be the leader, his last name is even "Shepherd" (you find that out in season 1, I believe). XD So yeah, I'm not worried about a mutiny, really.[/SPOILER]

Radical Dreamer

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Thu May 17, 2007 1:32 am

Radical Dreamer wrote:

[SPOILER]I don't really see anything like that happening. The survivors WANTED Jack to lead, and Sayid was the one that pushed him toward it. Jack is supposed to be the leader, his last name is even "Shepherd" (you find that out in season 1, I believe). XD So yeah, I'm not worried about a mutiny, really.[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER]Well, not any time SOON, obviously. Still, there's something about the traditional way human nature reacts to be unequivocally TOLD what to do, on top of all that "he's among us but not one of us" story behind his tattoo that makes me feel like Jack won't have unanimous support for long...

OH! And Rose and Bernard are back! It's about darn time! (even though they very fact that they'd been gone so long means that we KNOW something important involving them will happen now)[/SPOILER]
Image Image

Blitzkrieg1701

Postby ich1990 » Thu May 17, 2007 6:45 am

Holy smokes thats alot of spoiler boxes.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Thu May 17, 2007 9:26 am

:sweat: I know!
Image Image

Blitzkrieg1701

Postby rocklobster » Fri May 18, 2007 5:43 pm

[spoiler]Charlie's top 5 list rocks. I'd definitely save a stranger's life. [/spoiler]

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Tommy » Fri May 18, 2007 10:51 pm

I have to wait awhile until I start Season 3....-sigh-

I found out there's going to be a sixth season, but it's supposed to be shorter than the others.
Tommy

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment