HYDE's 'FAITH' Album

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

HYDE's 'FAITH' Album

Postby crossalchemist » Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:56 pm

Didn't see a thread specifically on this. What does everyone think of HYDE's new CD: "Faith"?

Here's some lyrics:
http://cherryblossom-garden.com/2/hyde3.html
formerly known as linwood

"The power of Christ forgives you!"
-Brett (a friend from college, parodying the famous line from 'The Exorcist'.)

My new homepage!

My Infamously Semi-Famous Story Blog:
The Sheehy Brothers Adventures!

Dr. Bryan Enderle, Chemistry lecturer at the University of California at Davis gives an excellent talk on Science vs. Faith once in a great while. I tried to record it once, with very limited success, this link is what I have.
Science vs. Faith
crossalchemist

Location: Somewhere far far away, where they'll never find me.

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:57 am

Well, that's really interesting. I must say that I'm still skeptical, knowing a] that Christianity is quite rare in Japan and b] that a pop-culture figure such as HYDE would likely be even less receptive to something as foreign as Christianity for fear of alienating fans. There is also c] that anime, for example, has used Christian imagery to "jazz up" a storyline for years, and I wouldn't be surprised if their music industry did the same

All pessimism aside, if this is for real, it makes me ridiculously happy.

.rai//

EDIT: Someone should get Mave in here. This would probably interest her a lot.
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby beau99 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:33 am

Hyde has said in official interviews that he's not Christian, but believes in God and that Jesus was a great man.

What that means, I have no clue.
beau99

Postby ShiroiHikari » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:16 pm

As far as the music itself goes, I didn't like Faith very much. I love Hyde to death, but I don't like the direction he's gone with his music. I wanted to see more stuff like Roentgen. :\

Hyde has been incorporating Christian-y things into his lyrics since the 666 album. As dumb as it might sound, I pray for him from time to time. The fact that he's using the imagery at all could mean that his heart is open to the Gospel, but you never know.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:19 pm

Well, even the devils believe in God... But hey, what Hyde's got is better than nothing I suppose. For myself, I'm just happy that he doesn't look like girl XD
Shao Feng-Li

Postby crossalchemist » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:57 pm

All true, its just the the first few lines of 'Jesus Christ' really took me off guard, given the total lack of such things in Ja[anese culture. It would be awesome if it were real. Although I too am hesitant especially because of one of his early albums '666' (I think thats what it was called?) which is the exact opposite of 'Faith' and (I am told, never actually listened to it myself) is actually intended to be mocking of religion. Perhaps 'Faith' is the same deal, but it is difficult to say for certain as the lyrics is some of the songs can be construed in either direction.

My new homepage!

Dr. Bryan Enderle, Chemistry lecturer at the University of California at Davis gives an excellent talk on Science vs. Faith once in a great while. I tried to record it once, with very limited success, this link is what I have.
Science vs. Faith
crossalchemist

Postby crossalchemist » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:03 am

My sister has been showing me more HYDE music (including some stuff he wrote for L'Arc En Ciel) and there does seem to be more and more 'religious' symbolism as the songs get newer. Perhaps evidence that he is becoming more and more open to the idea of Christ? Perhaps someone should write him a letter, it would be awesome if he became a Christian, stars (or idols) have massive sway over thier fans in Japan so it is feasible that if you could get him to convert, you could convert thousands of Japanese. A foot hold well needed in a country experiencing a drought of Jesus.

My new homepage!

Science vs. Faith
crossalchemist

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:27 am

That would be pretty awesome I think. Anything's possible ^__^
Shao Feng-Li

Postby That Dude » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:53 pm

We should all be praying for him then eh? Well for Japan in general.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Return to Jam Session