non christian bands with a christian member or/and christian lyrics

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

non christian bands with a christian member or/and christian lyrics

Postby ThaKladd » Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:02 am

I have long time searched for non-christian (or not labeld as christian) bands with a band member who is christian and/or with christian lyrics.

The bands/artists I have found is:

From Sawyer Brown, Mark Miller is Christian - and they have given out a new album named "True Believer" with very Good christian lyrics. They have also made some christmas albums.

Barcley James Harvest has a christian member, named John Lees, and he has written some very good christian songs like "Hymn", "Child of man" and "He said love".

I have heard that Bono from U2 is christian - and U2 have some good lyrics with message - but I have not listened that much to know for sure how christian the lyrics are.

Neal Morse, A Proggressive Rock artist, who is in the band "Transatlantic" and also some solo albums, has made a very good album titled "Testimony". It's a summary of his life and how he became christian...(on drums is Mike Portnoy from Dream Theatre) almost 2 hours long, and what is real great.. he has mostly non-christian fans!!(I think...)

I have also heard rumors that Garth Brooks is christian, but I think the rumours are false(or...??)... in a interview some time ago he answered "no" to "do yu blieve in god?". but he has christmas albums and som almost christian lyrics as in "Belleau Wood"... and not to mention the humorous "Unanswered Prayers"...

Yeah.. the norwegian artis Christian Ingebritsen from A1 is christian and has shared his testimony with christian press :)

Maria Arradondo - I dont know if she is known in USA - is also christian.

If you know someone else, let me know! Maybe I've forgotten someone too... then I'll post it here.

Oh, yea... Stacie Orrico is christian artist... but most people know that allready because she has became famous and all that... but she has many non christian fans, and that is very good!!! Go Stacie!!
We in our foolishness thought we were wise
He played the fool and He opened our eyes
We in our weakness believed we were strong
He became helpless to show we were wrong
- Michael Card
ThaKladd

Postby Staci » Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:58 pm

Hrm... Well, I don't know anything like the name of the group or the song, but there's this really good song that has some Christian morals in it that plays on the Alternative Station I listen to. I think my hunnie told me it was "Train", but that was a while ago. o.O;;

Here's part of the chorus:

"I don't need no one to tell me about Heaven

I look at my daughter and I believe;

I don't need no proof when it comes to God and truth

I look at the..."

I can't understand what else he sings after that - it's kinda muffled. :sweat: Of course, I'm a newer found Christian, so this may be a Christian Rock Group. I haven't gotten into the Christian Music yet, but I plan on it very shortly. (Singing and listening to music with a positive message makes me feel closer to the Lord. I guess I should, hehe.) I'll shuddap now. ~_~
Member of the CAA Book Club
Staci

Postby Stephen » Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:34 am

That is not Train, its Live. The band that did Lightning Crashes. I heard not too long ago that all the members had became Christians...hince you not hearing very much of them as of late...there new cd did not do to well...I should look into getting it...anyway as for Christians in rock bands.

12 Stones, Blindside, POD, Project 86, Chevelle, Evanescence, Creed, Big Dismal, Sixpence None The Richer (broke up), Lifehouse, Plumb....there are many many more crossover acts.
Stephen

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:07 am

I don't think they're still together, but Social Distortion's album "White Light, White Heat, White Trash" has a lot of good Christian messages.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Yamato145 » Tue Mar 02, 2004 3:51 pm

Akaida wrote:
Hrm... Well, I don't know anything like the name of the group or the song, but there's this really good song that has some Christian morals in it that plays on the Alternative Station I listen to. I think my hunnie told me it was "Train", but that was a while ago. o.O]

[size=84]Here's part of the chorus:

"I don't need no one to tell me about Heaven

I look at my daughter and I believe;

I don't need no proof when it comes to God and truth

I look at the..."

I can't understand what else he sings after that - it's kinda muffled. :sweat: Of course, I'm a newer found Christian, so this may be a Christian Rock Group. I haven't gotten into the Christian Music yet, but I plan on it very shortly. (Singing and listening to music with a positive message makes me feel closer to the Lord. I guess I should, hehe.) I'll shuddap now. ~_~

i look at the sunset and ... meh i like just this instant forgot lol ... i know the whole song by heart and like just now forgot
:eh:
The loving, caring, and slightly bad-influencing father of 1balloonpopper and khakibluesocks!!!
Also I'm not sure how -_-' but somehow I am the Master and Father of Spectro-King according to his signature ... but hey I'm up for having a minion ... so jump stupid ... I'll have him keeeeel you
:evil: Evil child of Fantasy Dreamer and Dark Disturbed Grandchild of Cephas VII
On a quest to adopt Cephas
:dance: WACKY BANANA!!! :rock: ROCKER!!! :hug: glomp of DOOM!!!
Ive noticed something interesting, when a place is really amazing people say it must be seen to believed ... but the most amazing place ever must be believed to be seen.
kenshin: W_^Vx
Yamato145

Postby ThaKladd » Wed Mar 03, 2004 3:49 am

Shatterheart wrote:12 Stones, Blindside, POD, Project 86, Chevelle, Evanescence, Creed, Big Dismal, Sixpence None The Richer (broke up), Lifehouse, Plumb....there are many many more crossover acts.

I think most of them are labeled as Christian(but I'm not sure), with both christian lyrics and members.... I am not an expert on them, and have not listened so much... but based on what I have heard this is my opinion.

POD has wery many hard rock non-christian fans, and that's good!

actually.. Evanesence is not labeled as a christian band but Amy Lee is Christian... I forget to mention her ;)
- Michael Card
ThaKladd

Postby Stephen » Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:47 am

All of the bands I listed if you asked the band themself they would say they are not a Christian band...then again if you don't belive me....find there forums and post on there...you can find out real quick.
Stephen

Postby ThaKladd » Wed Mar 03, 2004 12:53 pm

ok.. I believe in you :) you have probably more knowledge than me about them....

But I noticed that Christian music companies sell most of the artist you mentioned... And based on the christian music industry they are christian - because, why else sell them...?

Most of the artist I mentioned is not, at least here in Norway, sold in christian music stores(artist as Stacie orrico is sold both in christian and non-christian, the same with som U2 albums, and I've also seen POD in non christian music stores) - and that is mostly the way I was talking about...

I dont know how/where the christian music is sold in america.... but most likely different than in norway - and also more accepted by "non christian" stores because of the huge amount of christians in USA... So, maybe it's just a cultural difference....?

many bands with christian members often don't call themselves christian, because then they are more attractive to non christians... :)
- Michael Card
ThaKladd

uno more

Postby ThaKladd » Wed Mar 03, 2004 1:27 pm

Oh... I remember one more very good song that touched/moved me the first, second and third time I heard it... (and many times after that - I think still its very good)

Black Eyed Peas - "Where is the Love?"

People killin', people dyin'
Children hurt and you hear them cryin'
Can you practice what you preach
And would you turn the other cheek

Father, Father, Father help us
Send some guidance from above

'Cause people got me, got me questionin'
Where is the love (Love)
- Michael Card
ThaKladd

Postby Stephen » Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:27 pm

Well many times there sold wherever there is interest really. Big example is Lifehouse. There first big hit hanging by a moment was loved in Christian and mainstreme music..thus both kinds of stores carry it. Many factors go into what stores carry what...record lable has a big hand in that as well.
Stephen

Postby Shinja » Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:29 pm

grand funk railroad and the greatest band ever U2
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:45 pm

Hey Shinja - nice avatar quote! ;)
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Shinja » Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:43 am

senior cardgage
MATT

Shinja

Postby ThaKladd » Thu Mar 04, 2004 1:29 pm

Paul Simon is also Christian!! (how could I forget)
- Michael Card
ThaKladd

Postby Shinja » Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:59 pm

really? i thught he was jewish, thats cool.
MATT

Shinja

Postby Kokhiri Sojourn » Fri Mar 05, 2004 6:52 am

Lauryn Hill has some of the most relevant christian lyrics that I've come across, both on "The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill" and on "Unplugged," but especially in her raps.
Kokhiri Sojourn

Postby skynes » Fri Mar 05, 2004 8:05 am

SpoonyBard I love that sig. All your base rules.
I am the Reaper of Souls... and it's harvest time.

skynes

Postby Rachel » Fri Mar 05, 2004 8:38 am

another band that has christian members is good charlotte. they rock!
:rock: I mourn for those who never knew you

Click here for kick booty music!!

American by birth, Texan by the grace of God

This is where you can find me if I'm not on for a while
Rachel

Postby ThaKladd » Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:24 pm

Found another one!! Johnny Cash was Christian... but now he is in heaven...

I read that in Christian newspapers when he died...
- Michael Card
ThaKladd

Postby Yamato145 » Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:21 pm

Yamato145 wrote:i look at the sunset and ... meh i like just this instant forgot lol ... i know the whole song by heart and like just now forgot
:eh:

I look at the sunset and i precieve
THATS IT!
The loving, caring, and slightly bad-influencing father of 1balloonpopper and khakibluesocks!!!
Also I'm not sure how -_-' but somehow I am the Master and Father of Spectro-King according to his signature ... but hey I'm up for having a minion ... so jump stupid ... I'll have him keeeeel you
:evil: Evil child of Fantasy Dreamer and Dark Disturbed Grandchild of Cephas VII
Ive noticed something interesting, when a place is really amazing people say it must be seen to believed ... but the most amazing place ever must be believed to be seen.
Yamato145

Postby Yamato145 » Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:25 pm

skynes wrote:SpoonyBard I love that sig. All your base rules.

looks at the sig he speaks of
[staring for several minutes]
BLAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!
thats a knee-slapper!
bad translation banzai :lol:
Yamato145

Postby ThaKladd » Sat Mar 06, 2004 2:06 pm

Oh Yeah! I found another artist... Alan Jackson, who is christian.. I only found one cd in http://www.musichristian.com by him, and that was a christmas cd... but today I heard on a cd from him, and he had som good songs, where in one hi mentioned that he believed in Jesus. Country artist he is, and I liked it :)

for more: http://entertainment.msn.com/artist/?artist=100741
- Michael Card
ThaKladd

Postby ThaKladd » Thu Mar 18, 2004 7:39 am

I heard rumours that Nicko McBrain(drummer) from Iron Maiden is Christian...!!

cool
- Michael Card
ThaKladd

Postby skynes » Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:48 am

:| Iron Maiden? Christian? I find that very difficult to believe given a lot of their lyrics...

skynes

Postby ThaKladd » Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:50 am

I said the drummer, not the whole band - and I don't think he has been christian all the time...
- Michael Card
ThaKladd

Postby Kenchii » Sun May 30, 2004 7:37 am

Pa Pa Roach, & Korn as well.

Lol. they are NOT christian but have stated some quotes that refur to god and christianity. Bassist of PPR stated he is christian, and Korn's 'Munky' did too.
私は愛する

<3

:: xanga ::

:: reviews::

:: amv's ::
Kenchii

Postby TrigunX89 » Sun May 30, 2004 2:38 pm

P.O.D., Evanescence, Switchfoot, and Blindside are all good Christian rock bands with secular labels, if I'm not mistaken. I do know that they have Christian lyrics and are popular even among the mainstream. If you like country, I hear Randy Travis is a Christian. I don't listen to country though.

I never knew U2 was Christian...
TrigunX89

Postby Zedian » Sun May 30, 2004 11:40 pm

Whoa, I never knew U2 were Christians, if that's the case then awesome! I absolutely love that band. Switchfoot got huge all of a sudden and they are Christian, some indie rock groups like Belle and Sebastian carry positive Christian messages. Zao were one of the greatest metal bands ever, they too were Christian and played like they meant it.

Also a great old school band called Minor Threat were, they started the whole concept of being 'straight edge'; not drinking, not smoking and all that. Oh and Norma Jean, although I disliked how they were getting picked on by Jamie Jasta of Hatebreed on MTV2's Headbanger's Ball. I heard somewhere too, that Hopesfall were a Christian band too, they made it kinda big by joining the Atticus line-up.
Zedian

Postby skynes » Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:36 am

I learnt on Saturday that Alice Cooper is a Christian :|

Saw an interview on Scuzz with him he said something along the lines of "I don't care if ppl know I'm a Christian and what I believe, that the only way to heaven is through obedience to Christ"

Praise God! was the first thing in my mind when I heard that. He then went on to explain the Christian meanings behind songs like Dragon City and Brutal Planet.

skynes

Postby Psycho Ann » Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:23 pm

Alice Cooper is a Christian?! Wow, I thought that was a rumor... is it confirmed??

Anyway, I always thought that Phoenix (bass) and Joseph Hahn from Linkin Park are Christian--they're the only ones thanking God in every 'thanks' section of the album booklets. It probably is why Linkin Park hasn't got much, or even any, foul language despite the dark overtones of the music.
-Psalm 27:1-
The Project - Online Christian manga, rambling FAQs, and Truly Random Scripture.
Cognatio- Online Christian Manga Exchange

"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
Psycho Ann

Next

Return to Jam Session