Static X Cannibal

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Static X Cannibal

Postby Stephen » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:00 pm

So the new Static X album dropped Tuesday. I had been all up on's waiting for it...only to forget. A coworker showed me his copy today...which of course made me rush out on a break to buy my own copy. The album is really good. It will take a few days for it to sink in and compare it fairly to Wisconsin Death Trip...but my early gut reaction is that it is a better album. They use soundclips, guitar solos, etc. Back to the older style. Which being an X fan...makes me happy. I liked albums like Shadow Zone and Start a War...but they did not compare to Machine or WDT. If you are a fan of them, be sure to pick this album up. If you are curious as to how they sound...check there myspace out at...

http://www.myspace.com/staticx

My fav tracks on the album are Destroyer, Cannibal, Reptile, and Team Hate.
Stephen

Postby everdred12a » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:14 pm

I wasn't sure I'd get another Static X album after Shadow Zone... it was just a tad bit depressing to find that they had softened up, so to speak, after Machine. I might look into this, though, if it's more like their older stuff.

everdred12a

Postby Stephen » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:29 pm

It is nothing like SZ. I liked all the X albums...but SZ was my least fav. They went too...MTV acceptable IMO. This album is in the same groove as Machine or Wisconsin Death Trip.
Stephen

Postby everdred12a » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:31 pm

I didn't say that SZ was a bad album... but it lacked alot of what I liked about the previous albums. Not that I can say what that was... but I dunno, just didn't feel the same.

everdred12a

Postby rurouninaruto » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:40 am

Static-X is awsome. I'll have to buy an edited version of the CD from Wal-Mart. Only now they sell amended albums. Destroyer is an awsome song! I also can't wait 'til the first HECKYEAH album comes out. They have an awsome sound, and I love the way that dude from Mudvayne's voice sounds.
rurouninaruto

Postby Zilch » Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:45 am

The staccato opening of Cannibal won me over instantly. Excellent musical technique.
Uh-oh! Your sig have started to move! -- MOES.

I suppose you could find females attracted to you if you stop being bad at flirting. -MSP
Zilch

Postby Rachel » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:45 pm

I'ma have to get this one. I just saw them play live and it was awesome.
:rock: I mourn for those who never knew you

Click here for kick booty music!!

American by birth, Texan by the grace of God

This is where you can find me if I'm not on for a while
Rachel

Postby Stephen » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:19 pm

I am very jealous of you now Rachel. They need to come to Maine lol. But yes. I have played the snot out of Cannibal lately and I still love it.
Stephen

Postby Tommy » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:27 pm

Pretty nice group.
Unique vocals.
Tommy

Return to Jam Session