Has there been a Mute Math thread yet?

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Has there been a Mute Math thread yet?

Postby Epidemic Xero » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:52 am

If not....I shall gladly make one!
If there is one already---I would very much like to see it! :sweat:

So yes....Mute Math! o_o
Amazing, wonderful music. I've seen them 11 times (somehow O_o;; ), and each performance seems to get progressively better, and I have no idea how they do it. It's a little frightening. o__o;;

Their brand new music video for "Typical" just came out, and it's...well...amazing! So amazing that even if you don't like Mute Math, you'll probably find it mesmerizing anyway. I can never describe it the right way....Crazy weird backwards-reversed film stuff going on.....If I try too hard to describe it, I'll just get it all wrong. Heh heh....Have a look!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b13rc6DY74A
(They also have an excellent new DVD out!)

Since I've already started the thread, I should probably attempt to clear up the matter of their faith that seems to perplex everyone--No, they are not a "Christian Band", but this is only because the Christian music industry kept wanting to put their style in a box and pigeonhole everything. (Did I use 'pigeonhole' in the right context? o.o) So, just because they technically aren't a "Christian Band" does not mean that the members themselves aren't Christian. Obviously, God's the only one who knows the true nature of their hearts, but I can say from my experiences that these are talented, wonderful, kind, and immensely generous people who set a great example for others. If they really weren't Christian, and if they had any sense, they wouldn't be singing the stuff they're singing now. (I mean really--If they're not Christians, then what the heck is "Control" supposed to be about? A wizard? :P ) So, yeah. Hopefully I explained that well enough....Heh heh. ^ ^;;
Epidemic Xero

Postby Stephen » Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:11 pm

I like them. That is all I have to say. ^^
Stephen

Postby Warrior4Christ » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:26 am

I've seen the Typical video, and liked it muchly.

I haven't heard too many of their songs though...
Everywhere like such as, and MOES.

"Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God." - William Carey
Warrior4Christ

Location: Carefully place an additional prawn on the barbecue

Postby Ichigo_89 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:52 am

Absolutely INCREDIBLE band!! Truely. And to imput on the whole "christian band" argument, yes I'm pretty sure some of their songs have a christian view, BUT WHO CARES!! I mean, this is GREAT music. Not in the least objectional, and better than 95% of the crap that swarms the industry nowadays...
Ichigo_89

Postby Epidemic Xero » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:36 pm

Oh, of course! Mute Math is completely harmless in terms of content. :thumb:
Everyone just seems to get all riled up about how they're technically not in the Christian music industry... It's all a matter of artistic freedom---It had nothing to do with them denouncing their faith or anything. But yah---I've been over this already. Heh. :sweat:

Glad to see there's an interest in Mute Math around here! :grin: :rock:
Epidemic Xero

Return to Jam Session