Sigur Ros

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Sigur Ros

Postby craner » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:09 am

What do you guys think of Sigur Ros? Personally their music (especially on takk) makes me think of what worship in heaven is going to be like. Now I know they aren't Christian or anything and the lead singer is gay and stuff but that's what it reminds me of.
craner

Postby Mushishi » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:34 am

Sigur Ros is definitely awesome. Who knows what worship in heaven will be like? All we know is that it will be beautiful. I have a very eclectic musical taste and my perception of beautiful ranges from Enter The Worship Circle to Sigur Ros, so hopefully a mixture of those. hehe.

Anyway, Good to see a fellow sigur ros-ite. Bernard is sort of down that indie pathway, but they pack some serious christian lyrics in with it, and I found I like Bernard a whole lot more...even though they only produced one single album.
God creates out of nothing. Wonderful, you say. Yes, to be sure, but he does what is still more wonderful: he makes saints out of sinners.

-Soren Kierkegaard

Yoiyasa! Yoiyasa! Yoiyasa! Yoiyasa!

Haaa

umi no otoko nya you

Oki no kamome mo yoritsukano

oka no kakaa ga nakou to mo

dare ga toru yara ichiban mori

haa Danchone! Danchone!

haa tairyou da tairyou da!

In episode 11, first season of School Rumble, Harima reads Crime and Punishment by Dostoevsky. SUGOOOIIII!!!!!!!!

At least listen to the music.
Mushishi

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:43 pm

I've heard a few of their songs, and I like them. I don't listen to them all the time, or even that often (for fear of falling asleep to their music XD), but they are good.
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:56 pm

Yeah, I don't listen to 'em a whole lot, but () is good stuff to have playng when I'm doing something else
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Return to Jam Session