New Band! Common Thread!!

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

New Band! Common Thread!!

Postby CommonThreadKid » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:15 pm

Ok everyone this band soooo rocks my socks! They are great people and two of them are people I trust with my life so check them out!

CommonThread

Common Thread is not only a talented group of musicians/vocalists but we believe that Jesus died for our sins and rose again so that we may enter Heaven. What the members of Common Thread have in common is a relationship with Jesus Christ. We believe that being a Christian does not have to be boring. We are dedicated to creating music that moves people to a closer relationship with Christ. We are a 6 member band with music that can cover a broad spectrum. Everything from music with basic pop sensibilities to more agressive songs that deal with life's daily struggles. Common Threads goal is simply put •Glorify our Lord Jesus Christ •Lift up the saints (fellow Christians) •Reach the lost

Also please go to http://www.onseeker.com/music/bands/177/ to vote and listen to this awsome band.

Also, go and help common thread win!!

The Ultimate Showcase is a chance for Common Thread to win the Ultimate prize, the opening slot at Alton Towers 2007 alongside artists such as Delirious, Tobymac, Ayiesha Woods and Family Force 5.
We will also get the following great prizes:
A record contract with guaranteed distribution and digital distribution

The final of the competition will be broadcast LIVE on Satellite to over 200 nations worldwide, and all finalists will have an exposé broadcast in the preceding week.

LISTENERS - you can decide who wins the competition! This year, They counting votes based on sign-ups to each band's mailing list on Musicfinity. So get signed up, and refer your friends - your vote could make the difference. Click on The banner below to take you to our page.

http://www.musicfinity.com/commonthread
CommonThreadKid

Postby CommonThreadKid » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:29 pm

Oh yeah. Dont forget to visit their website and my space.

www.commonthreadmusic.org

http://www.myspace.com/commonthreadband :thumb:
CommonThreadKid

Postby Mithrandir » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:29 pm

Duplicate posting of the same topic is considered spam. Please do not spam the boards. Refer to the FAQ link at the top of the page for more information.

Edit: And please use the edit feature.
Mithrandir

Postby CommonThreadKid » Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:33 am

CommonThreadKid

Postby Zilch » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:13 am

Edit: Meh, keeping my opinion to myself.
Uh-oh! Your sig have started to move! -- MOES.

I suppose you could find females attracted to you if you stop being bad at flirting. -MSP
Zilch

Postby Stephen » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:41 pm

Do you even watch anime or read manga, or did you just join a large Christian website to advertise the band? Let me give you some advise. I have been on a ton of bands message boards. People like you only hurt the bands you care about. On average, it annoys more people when people spam for bands than helps them.
Stephen

Postby CommonThreadKid » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:19 am

ShatterheartArk wrote:Do you even watch anime or read manga, or did you just join a large Christian website to advertise the band? Let me give you some advise. I have been on a ton of bands message boards. People like you only hurt the bands you care about. On average, it annoys more people when people spam for bands than helps them.

why do i always get bashed...and yes I do like anime. infact it is my other passion besides god. its the only anime board my parent will let me post on so I have no other choice and Step Father who is the manager of the told me to post this info and help get their name out...so please don't give me grief I'm only doing my step dad a favor... :poke:
CommonThreadKid

Postby Tommy » Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:44 pm

Ah, well, that's understandable?
I did think you were a spambot at first.

Do you like them yourself?
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby CommonThreadKid » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:14 pm

yes i do. I resently went to my first concert with them, and that surprising seeing as two of the members are my parents. haha. I love their music and it has a conection to me. Which is very nice. I have also attempted to mix their music with my anime love by making an AMV but I have had not luck so far.... :(
CommonThreadKid

Postby Stephen » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:43 am

Forgive me if I seemed rude. CAA has been getting a ton of spam lately. I hope you enjoy yourself around here, and if you have any questions feel free to PM me.
Stephen

Postby CommonThreadKid » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:56 pm

your forgiven. and thank you. Ill take that into mind.
Romans 12:2:
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

"And what's the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge." - Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop)

"I'm...actually, I'm a super-magical human. I have been hiding this fact for a long time. But I have this precious kingdom to go back to. The reason why us super humans have long hair is that our great king Rubalru had a miracle vision when he was about to die. The person who gave him this vision is called Great Kandora! When Kandora used his super magic power, King Rulbaru's Super-Ultra-Magical-Force was freed like a bird and made him grow Ultra-Strong-Magical white long hair from his head! Just then, what happened was when King Rulbaru was resting, an emeny kingdom suddenly attacked him. He was in such a terrible situation! He thin asked Kandora for power! And then-!" - Ayame Sohma (Fruits Basket)

""When it melts, what does snow become?"
"It becomes ... spring!"" (Fruits Basket)

"If you want to know the truth, you must have the courage to accept it." - Bear (.hack//sign)
CommonThreadKid

Postby Tommy » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:11 pm

Might I ask: Is the Myspace group the same band?
Tommy

Postby CommonThreadKid » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:13 pm

sure is. I am the one who started the group.
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

"And what's the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge." - Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop)

"I'm...actually, I'm a super-magical human. I have been hiding this fact for a long time. But I have this precious kingdom to go back to. The reason why us super humans have long hair is that our great king Rubalru had a miracle vision when he was about to die. The person who gave him this vision is called Great Kandora! When Kandora used his super magic power, King Rulbaru's Super-Ultra-Magical-Force was freed like a bird and made him grow Ultra-Strong-Magical white long hair from his head! Just then, what happened was when King Rulbaru was resting, an emeny kingdom suddenly attacked him. He was in such a terrible situation! He thin asked Kandora for power! And then-!" - Ayame Sohma (Fruits Basket)

"If you want to know the truth, you must have the courage to accept it." - Bear (.hack//sign)
CommonThreadKid

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:15 pm

XD Don't like em. Sorry.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Tommy » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:21 pm

It seems a lot different since one has a female member (which I'm assuming is your mother since you said your parents are in the band) whereas the other Myspace group seems to contain for male members. Well, I see a 1994 so that must be the old band or something...

How old are you exactly if you started it and it says 1994?
Tommy

Postby CommonThreadKid » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:23 pm

that might be a different one cuz i started a group. but there about 2 years old

CommonThreadKid

Postby Tommy » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:25 pm

Yeah, it most definately is different.

Check the Myspace page and then tell us the result.
Tommy

Postby CommonThreadKid » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:33 pm

groups are down right now for me

CommonThreadKid

Postby Tommy » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:48 pm

Huh?
FKA Tom Dincht

Tommy

Postby CommonThreadKid » Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:20 pm

the groups were not working.....ugh...why me...my comp sucks.... :(

CommonThreadKid

Postby Tommy » Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:40 pm

Yeah, that's not the same group.
Tommy

Postby CommonThreadKid » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:45 am

CommonThreadKid

Postby Tommy » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:59 pm

Yep, that sounds more like it.
Sorry, but your band name is taken.
FKA Tom Dincht

Tommy

Return to Jam Session