Amy Lee

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Postby zelda » Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:50 pm

SirThinks2Much wrote:Interestingly, Amy wrote a song based off of how freaked out she gets when people idolize her, particularly on the internet (Snow White Queen)

lmao!!! yeah she prolly hates me but w/e. not like she'd ever come to this site and read this. lol!

i thought snow white queen was about her rapist bf(same in Haunted)
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Signature, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
zelda

Postby K. Ayato » Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:01 pm

Actually, in retrospect, "Haunted" is talking about Ben Moody.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:13 pm

Her boyfriend from Seether wasn't a rapist but heavily into drugs and had to go into rehabilitation.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby beau99 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:27 pm

K. Ayato wrote:Actually, in retrospect, "Haunted" is talking about Ben Moody.

O Rly?

"Haunted" was based off a poem that incidentally, was written by Ben.
beau99

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:36 pm

beau99 is correct.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Maledicte » Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:55 pm

I've heard two different stories about "Snow White Queen"--one is that it's based off of various stalkers who've followed her throughout her career; the other one is stalkerish and idolizing behavior from online fans. I submit that it's a combination of both--she *has* been stalked before, and her username on the official boards is "Snow Queen" or something similar.
Maledicte

Postby zelda » Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:06 pm

I always thought the song snow white queen was about a rapist when she was younger. cuz everythign in the song sounds like something a rapist would say and do. and if what i'm thinking is true she does look like snow white.
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Signature, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
zelda

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:10 pm

No, the song has nothing to do with rapists.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby MorwenLaicoriel » Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:04 pm

Even if the song WAS about a rape, it doesn't mean that SHE was raped. (In the same way I think you can't assume that Plumb has had an abusive boyfriend, or cut, or was molested, etc etc--she might have been, but as far as I know she hasn't.) It's better to look more at interviews and biographies than songs to get the details about a musician's life...

That being said, I like Evanescence fine, and I don't care if they're goth or whatever. I don't particularly worry about how someone is labeled. XD Although I prefer Within Temptation and sometimes Nightwish for that style of music, and I think the newer record isn't as good as the old one (although I haven't listened to it straight through, just heard several of the songs on Internet radio.)
MorwenLaicoriel

Postby Jaltus-bot » Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:19 pm

K. Ayato wrote:May I point you to christiangoth.com? I found some interesting information in there, one bit of it being that not all goths dress the way Amy Lee does.

I believe it was the lady who runs that site (christiangoth.com) that went goth at least in part as a way of separating from her pagan past.
When I feel blue, I start breathing again.

Asdvadz hedut ullah! (W. Armenian, "May God bless you!")

It's cosplay, get used to it.

"A hero need not speak. For when he is gone, the world will speak for him."

"One of the nice things about diseases of the brain is they tend to slip your mind." Colbert
Jaltus-bot

Postby Ran » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:42 am

I Never Heard of Amy Being Mad at God...
Anywayz I don't think They are Actually "Goths"
I Like There Music Though ^^

Oh and If you want to Check Info About Evanscence Go to Wikipedia.com its useful and It also Mentions stuff about Evanescence not being a Christian Band and such

~Ran
Ran

Postby Zilch » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:23 am

ShatterheartArk wrote:My point is, most people would think she looks gothic. She knows that. I am not saying that lables, and things like that are right. But if I walked around wearing a football jersey, should I be mad if people assume I like football? If you hate a lable, don't dress similar to what is socialy thought to be that lable. (wonders if he is making any sence or if he should give up)

Nah, you're making sense. Some people just need it driven harder than others.

My personal take on Evanscence is that they stole Rocky from Soul Embraced, but I'm a big boy, and I'm over it ;p. Amy Lee is a very talented vocalist, albeit mildly depressing, and if she claims not to be goth, it's her right to label herself.

Sheesh, Zelda, this is quite the can of worms you opened. And I didn't even know there WAS a can of worms.
Uh-oh! Your sig have started to move! -- MOES.

I suppose you could find females attracted to you if you stop being bad at flirting. -MSP
Zilch

Postby Zarn Ishtare » Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:31 am

I don't like Amy Lee, sorry. If I want Melodic Industrial, I listen to Joceyln (SP?) Montgomery. Heck, I'll listen to Lacuna Coil, or for Celtic, I'll listen to Clannad.

Her opinions are annoying, but not particularly pressing...I don't really think about her much, except in relation to this particular thread. I think that CAA isn't exactly the very best place to vent, zelda, particularly if it's just a few members you're in such disagreement with. Such things, as I've learned, are best kept to oneself.
With your doubt, all is comfort
We are all as we appear
No more questions left unanswered
No more wonder, no more fear
Nothing is beauty, nothing's feeling
Blood where there once was a soul
So I ask you, prove yourself
Make me believe that you are whole
Zarn Ishtare

Postby Tommy » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:17 am

Kkun wrote:...Steve's gonna kill me for this but I have to do it anyway..

...I don't not like Evanescence because of Amy Lee, I don't like Evanescence because they're a boring band that makes boring records.

FTW.

Amy Lee claims she's a Christian, but aparantly hates being "labled" as one in ths music industry. I don't have much respect for that.
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby Kkun » Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:19 pm

Sigh. I think the bottom line here is (Evanescence isn't very good so this discussion isn't really worth it and) this discussion is all a matter of opinon, so it should have been dropped a long time ago.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby beau99 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:20 pm

Tom Dincht wrote:Amy Lee claims she's a Christian, but aparantly hates being "labled" as one in ths music industry. I don't have much respect for that.

She's a Christian, not a Christian musician.
beau99

Postby Destroyer2000 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:25 pm

If she is a Christian, then her life will have been given off to Christ, and she will not care. To me, she sounds more like a hypocrite than anything else. And I am losing respect for her by the second...wait, no, there is none left.
My Flickr
My Travel Blog

[color="Red"]Distance is to Love as Wind is to Fire...it extinguishes the small, and ignites the great. - Unknown[/color]

[color="RoyalBlue"]“Falling in love with someone isn't always going to be easy... Anger... tears... laughter.. It's when you want to be together despite it all. That's when you truly love another. I'm sure of it.â€
Destroyer2000

Postby Evangeline-San » Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:43 pm

Hehe I probably shouldn't post on this subject... but I will.
Ms. Lee has a nice powerful voice... but has hit a few wrong notes in her day.
Ms. Lee is a very creative writter... but has been known to write some lame ones.
Ms. Lee Has a wonderful taste in style, and modesty (if ya ask me)...but--- I can't think of a "but" reason. heh
But if you think about her being "christian" alot of people now-a-days say they are... but really aren't, kinda sad that way...
I'll just say sometimes posting when you wanna rant is GREAT! That's how you get your opinions out. sometimes it's best the type it all up... but never post it. Just to get it all out.
Eh, if that makes ANY sense. lol
If ya'll wanna look in my iTunes Library or my CD case, feel free. 'Til then, I'll let you decide what music I like, and if that includes Evanescence. XD
~And we know that all things work together for good, to those who love God, and to those who are called according to His purpose.
Romans 8:28
~*`*`*`*`*`*~
It's tough being a girl... In a pink world.
-me
~~~
~I can do all thing through Christ who strengthens me.
Philippians 4:13
"I don't really care if they label me a Jesus freak. There ain't no disguising the truth!"
Evangeline-San

Postby scarletfire818 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:43 pm

Amy Lee is just as human as the rest of us. We all make mistakes. Come 5 or 10, maybe even 20 years from now she'll be extremely close to god and the savior. It's no use judge anyone really. People are changing all the time. Whether you can notice it or not.
R.I.P Trey (6-15-09 8:36 AM) God bless you big brother, I love you <3 :angel:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
scarletfire818

Postby Destroyer2000 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:18 pm

scarletfire818 wrote:Amy Lee is just as human as the rest of us. We all make mistakes. Come 5 or 10, maybe even 20 years from now she'll be extremely close to god and the savior. It's no use judge anyone really. People are changing all the time. Whether you can notice it or not.

That is very true. However, how can you say with such certainty that she will be close to our Lord?
My Flickr
My Travel Blog

[color="Red"]Distance is to Love as Wind is to Fire...it extinguishes the small, and ignites the great. - Unknown[/color]

[color="RoyalBlue"]“Falling in love with someone isn't always going to be easy... Anger... tears... laughter.. It's when you want to be together despite it all. That's when you truly love another. I'm sure of it.â€
Destroyer2000

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:32 pm

So wow, I don't think this thread should take a turn for judging the girl's heart. She may be a Christian, she may not be a Christian, she may be a Christian who's going through a tough time right now, but it's really not our place to judge her heart on the matter. She obviously doesn't like being grouped as a "Christian" band/singer, but there's lots of bands made of Christian people that don't like to be grouped that way, either (one of my favorites, Mae, is one of those bands, and they sing about Jesus.). So I really don't think we should judge her on the basis that she doesn't want to be grouped in with the praise and worship bands.

My two cents, and I'm not even a fan of Evanescence. XD;
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Stephen » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:47 pm

Her faith is her business. Do you guys lay awake at night crying over if a football player on a team you like is Christian? No, probably not. Her walk, is between her and God. I seriously doubt any of us would want to be under the scrutiny that her and many other musicians are put under. Mainly onces embraced by the Christian music circles. Btw, to save this thread from closing...lets change the line of thinking a bit.

Has anyone heard the new Korn Amy Lee duet? She does backup vocals for Freak on a Leash. At first I was like...ehhhh. But I really like it. Davis in the past has said how much he likes Evanescence. Review I read once he joked around about liking her voice claiming it was "far more beauitful than mine"
Stephen

Postby beau99 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:06 am

I haven't heard the new version of it yet, but I want to.
beau99

Postby Tommy » Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:40 pm

beau99 wrote:She's a Christian, not a Christian musician.

But she's a musician and a Christian so it seems you just contradicted yourself.

Do you mean she's a Christian, but she just chooses not to write songs about her faith and about being a Christian?

I get what you mean though.
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:10 pm

Her songs sound very faith-filled to me. But the rest is really between God and Amy.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Stephen » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:42 am

Tom, I would ask this (in ref to your post) I work at a grocery store. Would you say because I am a Christian that I am working at a Christian store?
Stephen

Postby beau99 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:31 am

Tom Dincht wrote:But she's a musician and a Christian so it seems you just contradicted yourself.

Do you mean she's a Christian, but she just chooses not to write songs about her faith and about being a Christian?

I get what you mean though.

That didn't come out right. I apologize.
beau99

Postby Kkun » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:04 am

ShatterheartArk wrote:Tom, I would ask this (in ref to your post) I work at a grocery store. Would you say because I am a Christian that I am working at a Christian store?

Your logic doesn't follow his, Steve-o. Following Tom's argument, you would be a Christian grocery store worker. It would have nothing to do with you working at a Christian store. ;)
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby K. Ayato » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:23 am

For the record, Amy Lee is not the only Christian artist who doesn't want to be labeled as such. I might have said this a while back, but I heard that one of the members of Anberlin, in speaking for the band said, "We're not a Christian band, but we're all Christians."
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby Stephen » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:17 am

Blah. I am not going to argue with you guys. This argument has been beat to death far to many times. Unless you would want someone coming to your workplace and telling you that you are not Christian enough, perhaps backing off would be fair. If a Christian uses music as a job, and a way to make money...it is no different than any other job.
Stephen

Previous Next

Return to Jam Session