What Movies are you Watching?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:37 pm

I just saw A Clockwork Orange today. Excellent film.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Guardianking500 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:59 pm

i have been watching chronicles of riddick.
Guardianking500

Postby Kokhiri Sojourn » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:35 pm

Children of Men. Excellently done, and wonderful cinematography. Not necessarily an enjoyable film, but definitely a worthwhile film.
Kokhiri Sojourn

Postby Kokhiri Sojourn » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:08 pm

Just watched Big Fish.
Kokhiri Sojourn

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:59 pm

Xmen 3: The Last Stand. Yeah took me a bit to get around watching it, I'm just glad they didn't use the alternate ending :/
神 は、 その 独り 子 を お与え に なった ほど に 世 お愛 された。
独り 子 を 信じる 者 が 一人 も滅 ひない で, 永遠 の 命 お得る ため で ある。

ヨハネ 3:16
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:18 am

*looks around and sees no new posts after mine* Well, I did say I've been on a movie binge and since my last post, has seen 2 movies already.

C.S. Lewis: The Dreamer of Narnia. Documentary, but still a movie. And interesting, yet, sad one at that...

The Guardian. A looong movie, one of those movies where you think "ok it's over now..." and think it has concluded, but goes on for another 20 minutes, and then repeats that cycle^^ Good movie though, something different, I just totally dissliked the relationship with Fischer and that girl (did they even ever mention her name?) It was blah and I hated it :/

Tenshi no Ai

Postby Kokhiri Sojourn » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:12 am

Tenshi no Ai wrote:
The Guardian. A looong movie, one of those movies where you think "ok it's over now..." and think it has concluded, but goes on for another 20 minutes, and then repeats that cycle^^ Good movie though, something different, I just totally dissliked the relationship with Fischer and that girl (did they even ever mention her name?) It was blah and I hated it :/

Yeah - I agree. It was hardly explained and you really had no basis for believing their relationship would ever work, but I guess it doesn't have to for inclusion.

I watched a foreign movie (South Africa)called Tsotsi, from 2005. It was one of the best movies I have seen in a long time. Tsotsi means thug, or gangster, and the story is basically about a tsotsi, who through an unexpected turn of events ends up taking care of a baby. It is a story of redemption, and I highly recommend it to those who can watch 'R' rated movies.
Kokhiri Sojourn

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:40 pm

Back to the Future (It's nice to have a new movie channel on TV^^) and Open Season today.

Tenshi no Ai

Postby Kokhiri Sojourn » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:39 pm

The Departed.

Whoa. :o
Kokhiri Sojourn

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:11 pm

In the last week I've watched...

Neighbours (some random movie I started watching off TV... it's one of those movies that makes you mad and annoyed, so you keep watching. Don't ask^^ But then it got bad so I stopped watching it :/)

Tallediga Nights (It had a couple of good moments, like the cougar in the car, but sheesh! Some of the stuff I raise an eyebrow thinking "...people find this funny?" yeah, stupid bad humour :/)

Tonight my friend and I'll be watching.... Cinderella 3: A Twist in Time! Why? Because we have to see the alternate storyline and just what could happen!

Tenshi no Ai

Postby Technomancer » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:12 am

I just watched The War Within, which was a very good movie. I've also rented Jesus Camp, but have not gotten around to viewing it yet.
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:09 pm

The last movie I saw was Rio Grande when one of the movie channels was having a John Wayne marathon.
mitsuki lover

Postby Kokhiri Sojourn » Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:27 pm

Just watched Wordplay - a documentary on Crossword puzzles and the people and culture surrounding them. It was surprisingly interesting and enjoyable.
Kokhiri Sojourn

Postby jon_jinn » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:28 pm

watched The Last Samurai yesterday night...
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby memmer66 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:46 pm

I'm currently watching the remake of Dawn of the Dead.
[SIGPIC]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v151/Ryuketsu/battleroyale.jpg[/SIGPIC]
Best Beginning To A Review EVER: The fact that I watched this movie after eating poisonous mushrooms only went to enhance the realism :lol:
memmer66

Postby Kokhiri Sojourn » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:15 pm

A movie called Nell. Jodie Foster and Liam Niesson.
Kokhiri Sojourn

Postby Ichigo_89 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:28 pm

Rented & watched a new movie called

"Seven Swords"

It was alright. Kurosawa's stuff beats em all anyday...
Ichigo_89

Postby jon_jinn » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:12 pm

i'm about to go over to my friends house to watch all three Lord of the Rings movies. wish me luck. XD...
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Ichigo_89 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:35 pm

jon_jinn wrote:i'm about to go over to my friends house to watch all three Lord of the Rings movies. wish me luck. XD...

Hopefully not extended, or u shall perish. My friends did that and we were SOOO close to dying. I swear! :bang:
Ichigo_89

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:37 pm

I rewatched Matthew Broderick and Denzel Washington in GLORY on AMC Sunday night.
Broderick's Shaw didn't seem to be the sort of man who should have been leading a regiment though,he came across at times as being indecisive and not tough enough on the men,particuliarly Thomas who was his friend and he had to be reminded time and again the difference in their rank.
Washington's Sergeant Major Rawlings and the actor who played Sergeant Major
Mulcahey were the two best parts of the entire movie.
I also have to wonder about Shaw's decision to have his men all bunch up in
the moat toward the end of the movie.Can you say 'Turkey Shoot'?It seemed to me that what they did by doing that was give the Confederates easy targets to aim at.And the North wonders why they lost so many battles in the Civil War..
My favorite line came when Mulcahey is drilling the men:
Shaw:"Aren't you too tough on the men?"
Mulcahey:"How long have you known the lad(Thomas)?"
Shaw:"We grew up together."
Mulcahey:"Then perhaps you should let him grow up some more."
mitsuki lover

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:37 pm

In the past week... Batman Begins and Star Wars ep 3 (both viewed for the first time). Seem to think there's more but no, mostly just Zim and anime.

Tenshi no Ai

Postby Kokhiri Sojourn » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:45 pm

A Good Year - fairly mediocre storyline.

and

Babel. I actually really liked this one. It had a good message, though it wasn't clean.
Kokhiri Sojourn

Postby Fish and Chips » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:48 pm

The Rock. Proving once and for all that Sean Connery can save any film from disaster; even if it's Nicholas Cage.
Fish and Chips

Postby LittleTokyo91 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:12 pm

today I watched Hangman's curse and for the past few days I've been watch Spongebob! LOL!
LittleTokyo91

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:39 am

LittleTokyo91 wrote:today I watched Hangman's curse

I remember when my friends and I thought it was some kind of horror and rented it and then we were like "whoa, it's a Christian movie!" Ended up seeing it 3 times.

Lately, watched quite a bit of stuff, but most just like a huge chunk of the movie rather than the whole thing (which is what I usually end up doing :/)
So in the past weekish...

Willow
The Transporter
The Wedding Singer (most)
Million Dollar Baby (some, and ug once again with watching it a second time :/)
The Departed (just the beginning)

aaand think that's been about it :/

Tenshi no Ai

Postby Kokhiri Sojourn » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:57 am

Cinderella Man

Also watched lately (past week or so):

- Say Anything
- Half Nelson
Kokhiri Sojourn

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:47 pm

I just watched Stranger than Fiction, and I really enjoyed it. It was...weird...seeing Will Ferrell in such a serious role, and even though I think he did a fine job, it was just weird to see him being so serious. XD Either way, I thought it was excellently done, and I really loved the ending. Good movie! :thumb:
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:42 am

Radical Dreamer wrote:I just watched Stranger than Fiction, and I really enjoyed it. It was...weird...seeing Will Ferrell in such a serious role, and even though I think he did a fine job, it was just weird to see him being so serious. XD Either way, I thought it was excellently done, and I really loved the ending. Good movie! :thumb:

Well, soon enough alot of comical actors play serious roles. Hm, it's gunna be the last time my guy and I ask the guys from the movie rental what they suggest we watch :/ Apparently this one was only a "meh" so we didn't really watch it right away. It was pretty good, and such a different concept of a movie. I thought that the ending was great rather than [spoiler] the "masterpiece" ended which felt like total blah :/ I wanted to kick Dustin Hoffman as the professor with what his conclusion to that ending was. I thought Harold getting hit by a bus to save a kid wouldn've been the stupidest ending ever, PLUS she'd be killing a person! How it ended was good and pretty unexpected, really and just much decent. [/spoiler]

A couple other movies I've seen lately was The Pristige (one apparently was an AWSOME movie recommended by the movie guy... A little hard to follow at first and was good with an interesting idea I don't think anyone saw coming^^ But still not the BEST movie...) and the Tenacious D movie (I mean hey, it's Jack Black! I didn't even know he had a BAND before this :/ ...and now I know he has quite a mouth on him and has quite disturbed me... Please, do yourself a favour and even though it's a new Jack Black movie, don't watch it >_<)

Tenshi no Ai

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:53 am

TCM ran a marathon of old D_ick Tracy movies from the 1940s on Wednesday night.
I saw:D_ICK TRACY'S DILEMMA.
mitsuki lover

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:27 pm

Tenshi no Ai wrote:A couple other movies I've seen lately was The Pristige (one apparently was an AWSOME movie recommended by the movie guy... A little hard to follow at first and was good with an interesting idea I don't think anyone saw coming^^ But still not the BEST movie...)

The Prestige was my all time favorite movie of '06. XD It's one of those movies that you want to watch a second time right after finishing the first time (I ended up seeing it twice in theaters XD). It's definitely one of my favorite movies of all time now, though. I adored the plot twists, and the chronology was planned SO well. Not to mention Christian Bale + Hugh Jackman = very win. XDD

Anyways, regarding your comments on Stranger than Fiction and the spoiler, I agree. I really liked the author's line at the end, where she said something to the effect of, [SPOILER]"Harold Crick knew he faced death and accepted it. Isn't that the kind of man you should want to keep alive?"[/SPOILER] And yeah, Dustin Hoffman's character was lame for saying what he did, because I liked the second ending better, anyways. XD He did have some great lines, though. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment