Music that is "too heavy" for you.

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Postby Eric » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:55 pm

[quote="Mr. SmartyPants"]Wanna bet? XD I however disagree with you when you say that those who are not into your types of genres are close-minded. I myself am not big on ANY form of rock (Besides some J-rock and maybe one or two songs of two other artists). I'm big on Trance (Vocal, progressive) Techno, IDM, etc. I don't see myself as close-minded. I've heard songs before of some artists you'd probably like. I just don't like rock. ]
I wasn't saying that you are closed-minded; it was only a general statement. You're still assuming that I mostly only like heavy stuff, which is not true in the least bit. Even though I do listen to a lot of metal, not all of it is extreme metal (like death, thrash, and black); power metal, heavy metal, folk metal, and progressive metal are a few examples of metal that primarily use singing and more upbeat playing styles. For clarification, here is a complete list of what styles I like that are not rock-based, although I have not explored these to the same extent that I have for metal:

jazz
classical/neo-classical
industrial
ambient/dark ambient
noise
electronica
neofolk
martial
some J-pop (and anime soundtracks)
avant garde
Celtic folk
and various forms of experimental music

@That Dude and Radical Dreamer: I was not being elitist. I was not disrespecting anyone's taste in music. You guys need to read what I say more carefully before making accusations like that.
Eric

Postby That Dude » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:39 pm

I know you weren't trying to come across as a music eletist Eric but honestly %90 percent of the people who read your posts about music assume you are one because of the way you phrase your opinions or specify on music (which isn't bad in moderation.) Anyway I think that you need to remember your audience when you talk about music. When you go into seemingly needless specifications it really turns people off. You have great musical knowledge and I've seen that you are a good guy but you need remember your audience and remember that you don't always have to explain yourself.

Sorry if I came across as a jerk in my previous post with the music eletist crack.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Previous

Return to Jam Session