The Showdown - Temptation Come My Way

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

The Showdown - Temptation Come My Way

Postby Kkun » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:21 am

Has anyone listened to the stuff on their MySpace page? I hated it at first, but now I'm kind of enthralled with it. It feels like Pantera or something. It's totally different from A Chorus of Obliteration, which I loved dearly, but I think Temptation Come My Way is going to be good. I wish they'd put Breath of the Swamp back up. That song is totally awesome.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Zilch » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:39 am

I'm highly impressed with their new stuff, and the fact that they'd almost completely change their vocal style after just one album. If your head doesn't automatically want to bang, I think you have problem.
Uh-oh! Your sig have started to move! -- MOES.

I suppose you could find females attracted to you if you stop being bad at flirting. -MSP
Zilch

Postby Kkun » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:13 am

See, it's just that usually I hate that kind of music but boy is it good when The Showdown does it. I really, really like it.
Kkun

Postby Knives » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:57 am

I don't care much for it....
I am disappointed with the direction they've taken.
Maybe it will grow on me.
Knives

Postby Ichigo_89 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:38 am

This album is gonna be good stuff. Much better than their old sound
Ichigo_89

Postby Kkun » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:49 am

Ichigo_89 wrote:This album is gonna be good stuff. Much better than their old sound

Noooooo way. A Chorus of Obliteration is an amazing CD. I think it'll be good, though.
Kkun

Postby That Dude » Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:56 pm

So I got "A Chorus Of Obliteration" for a very low price...And I gotta say I honestly only listen to that CD if I want to have a good laugh. The new sound is ok. Though I don't think that I could ever listen to any of their CD's besides for a chuckle.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Kkun » Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:10 pm

That Dude wrote:So I got "A Chorus Of Obliteration" for a very low price...And I gotta say I honestly only listen to that CD if I want to have a good laugh. The new sound is ok. Though I don't think that I could ever listen to any of their CD's besides for a chuckle.

I...don't get that...A Chorus of Obliteration is totally awesome. I mean, yeah, it's almost like a self-conscious metal parody but it's just really fun to listen to.
Kkun

Postby That Dude » Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:13 pm

I don't know...I just could never get into it. Though I agree with the parody part. :)
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Zilch » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:02 am

The Showdown basically makes fun of itself, yeah, but if you think about the people in the metal/hardcore scene, they kinda make fun of themselves anyway, so it's more of a observation thrown into a band. And it's flipping awesome.

I suppose you could find females attracted to you if you stop being bad at flirting. -MSP
Zilch

Postby That Dude » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:44 pm

That's cool. And I can see that they are definately talented but I just can't see how they are awesome. Anyway on with the discussion about the new CD.
That Dude

Postby Zilch » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:38 pm

Breath of the Swamp needs to pop out on iTunes. If they slowly release the album over the next 2 weeks, I'll be happy.

For now, and impersonation of The Showdown's lead singer live:

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

No, seriously, he does it ALL THE TIME. Now that's flipping metal...uh...kinda...

Zilch

Postby Kkun » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:23 am

That Dude wrote:That's cool. And I can see that they are definately talented but I just can't see how they are awesome. Anyway on with the discussion about the new CD.

It's just 'cause you're not from the South, that's all. You wouldn't understand sweet tea, either. Of course, now that I think of that, Zilch isn't from the South, but whatevs.

The new CD is gonna be totally high voltage, y'all.
Kkun

Return to Jam Session