New Anberlin song and album and yay.

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

New Anberlin song and album and yay.

Postby Kkun » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:10 am

http://www.myspace.com/anberlin

Seriously. Go check it out. It's really, really great.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby everdred12a » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:15 am

Kkun wrote:http://www.myspace.com/anberlin

Seriously. Go check it out. It's really, really great.

HOORAY! It made me so happy that it doesn't sound anything like 'Never Take Friendship Personal,' although it doesn't sound like 'Blueprints...' either. Needless to say, I'm excited about this album. It actually reminds me a little of a fusion between 'Start Something' and 'Liberation Transmission' by Lostprophets (not that that's a bad thing XD) I'm only disappointed that you can't download this song.

everdred12a

Postby Warrior4Christ » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:22 am

I can't wait to hear the full thing of Adelaide...

:grin:
Everywhere like such as, and MOES.

"Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God." - William Carey
Warrior4Christ

Location: Carefully place an additional prawn on the barbecue

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:22 am

Aha, February 20th! I was wondering when the release date was. XD And yes, I looove Godspeed. It's so wonderful. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Tommy » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:13 am

Hey, they have a new sound!

I like this sound better, and this to me might be the first Anberlin album worth purchasing.
Tommy

Postby That Dude » Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:11 pm

I listened to it yesterday and enjoyed it quite a bit. By the way, the new album is going to be called "Cities."
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Buried Alive » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:21 pm

Musically it sounds pretty good, to bad his voice is kind of sucky.
Welcome to where time stands still, where no one leaves and no one will.
Buried Alive

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:59 pm

Buried Alive wrote:Musically it sounds pretty good, to bad his voice is kind of sucky.

Awww, I love his voice. XD

Anyways, after reading the little blurb they have on the new album, I'm even more excited. Now I just need to get a job so I can, you know, go out and buy it when it's released. XD
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Kkun » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:27 pm

Stephen Christian has a great voice, I don't know what Buried Alive is even talking about.

The Special edition is going to be amazing. THREE extra songs. That IS ACTUALLY a special edition. I'm down for it.
Kkun

Postby Tommy » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:28 pm

Well, it's all a matter of opinion.

I think the frontman of Anberlin sounds a little bit like Kevin Max.
Well, at least he did in the song "Change the World."

By the way, Kevin Max's voice is far from sucky, just to clarify.
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby Yojimbo » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:46 pm

Yeah I heard this last week it's really good. It definitely sounds different than their previous stuff which is a good thing considering Anberlin sometimes gets repetitive. I think it's amazing really that they went from a band who had two or three truly good songs on their first album to having almost an entire album of stellar material. I expect "Cities" to be even better than "Never Take Friendship Personal."
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby Tommy » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:54 pm

Cities looks farly superior to me.

This is sort of random to bring up, but doesn't it seem Stephen Christian stands out as a member?

He looks like he was 10 years on the other members. XD
Tommy

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:05 pm

Yojimbo wrote:Yeah I heard this last week it's really good. It definitely sounds different than their previous stuff which is a good thing considering Anberlin sometimes gets repetitive. I think it's amazing really that they went from a band who had two or three truly good songs on their first album to having almost an entire album of stellar material. I expect "Cities" to be even better than "Never Take Friendship Personal."

Actually, overall, I like "Blueprints for the Blackmarket" more than "Never Take Friendship Personal". Maybe it's just because I listened to NTFP so many times, though, I don't know. XD Still, Blueprints has a ton of great, catchy songs on it as far as I'm concerned, and I'd say it makes for an awesome first album. :D

Radical Dreamer

Postby Kkun » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:04 pm

I think Blueprints for the Black Market is a far superior record to Never Take Friendship Personal but I respect what they tried to do on NTFP. I don't agree at all, Yojimbo, that Blueprints only had two or three good songs. Readyfuels, Foreign Language, Glass to the Arson, Cadence, Naive Orleans, their cover of The Cure's Love Song. Basically the entire album is great, in my opinion. Never Take Friendship Personal was good, though, not as endearing to me as Blueprints. It's a lot more artsy, what with the weird segues, and not to mention the song Dance, Dance, Christa Paffgen (featuring guitar by Mike Weiss of mewithoutYoooouuuuu).
Kkun

Postby everdred12a » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:29 pm

I also believe that Blueprints was far better than NTFP. And, like Jamie, I respect what they tried to do with NTFP (though I still don't really like it). I was hoping that their next album would be a return to the style and sound of Blueprints. This song does seem to have all the aggression of Blueprints, but it builds upon it, and I can't wait.

Special edition, eh? I'm down with that. Jamie, we totally need to go get this the day it comes out (just like with Young Machetes). I'm totally psyched about it.

everdred12a

Postby Kkun » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:37 pm

everdred12a wrote:I also believe that Blueprints was far better than NTFP. And, like Jamie, I respect what they tried to do with NTFP (though I still don't really like it). I was hoping that their next album would be a return to the style and sound of Blueprints. This song does seem to have all the aggression of Blueprints, but it builds upon it, and I can't wait.

Special edition, eh? I'm down with that. Jamie, we totally need to go get this the day it comes out (just like with Young Machetes). I'm totally psyched about it.

I agree. I most certainly agree. You can cut class that day, eh?
:lol:
Kkun

Postby everdred12a » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:47 pm

Oh, ouch... I dunno... It probably comes out on Tuesday which means I have economics class. But, right after Econ (at 11:15) I could probably rush down to Best Buy and be back before noon. XD Anberlin > Visual Basic.

everdred12a

Postby Ichigo_89 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:56 pm

Can't wait for this cd!! This album kinda popped out of nowhere for me. Just seemed like the other day I was seeing the new vid for Paperthin Hymn. And yes, YES Godspeed is awsome!!
Ichigo_89

Postby Tommy » Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:16 am

I find Godspeed their best song to date. The chorus is just so freakin catchy. I hope all of Cities is like that.
Tommy

Postby Nu-En-Jin » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:39 pm

Have you guys heard the other song on the EP yet?
Haunting? Good GRAVY that's got to be the best song they've ever written... well, until Cities comes out, and then... who knows.
Is it February yet?
Nu-En-Jin

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:22 am

So there's a new song up at Purevolume (and MySpace, but it wouldn't work for me last night--it kept freezing up or something) called "Dismantle.Repair." It's pretty great. :D

http://www.purevolume.com/anberlin

Also, I found out about Stephen Christian's side solo-project, AnchorandBraille last night (featuring Copeland's Aaron Marsh...um, is there anything that's better? XD).

http://www.purevolume.com/anchorandbraille

Radical Dreamer

Postby Kkun » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:24 am

Yeah, I really, really dig Dismantle.Repair. It has a nice sound to it. I can't wait for this new album, srsly.
Kkun

Postby That Dude » Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:48 pm

It's a good song. Yuppers.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Tommy » Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:16 pm

"Godspeed" is my favorite song from them so far.
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby Ichigo_89 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:37 am

Just in case anybody didn't know, U can listen to Anberlin's new album in its entirety until Tuesday on their myspace. I've listened a couple times and it's quite catchy
Ichigo_89

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:01 am

I've heard a few of the other songs, like "Hello Alone" and one or two others, but I want to save all of it for Tuesday. XD I seriously can't wait, though; I'm so excited. :D

Radical Dreamer

Postby Kkun » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:24 pm

It's awesome, dudes. I really liked Never Take Friendship Personal but this is way better.
Kkun

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:47 pm

It's amaaaazing.

Hello Alone is LOVE. XD

I've been able to listen to almost all of it, minus track 12 and the three extra tracks (I got the SE), but I've loved every single song I've heard. XD Really, it's an incredible album. :D

Radical Dreamer

Postby Kkun » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:01 pm

I've only gotten up to track 9, Reclusion because I've been studying or at work all day but OH MY GOSH. The synthesizer on this album is amazing. The words are just excellent, too.
Kkun

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:10 pm

Kkun wrote:I've only gotten up to track 9, Reclusion because I've been studying or at work all day but OH MY GOSH. The synthesizer on this album is amazing. The words are just excellent, too.

Yeah, Reclusion is really good. I finished listening to it, and (*Fin) is also completely incredible. Also, the three extra songs are SO catchy. XD I like The Promise the best; it's a cover of someone, but I can't think of who. I know I've heard it before, though. Either way, this album is incredible and amazing and I love it very much. XD

Radical Dreamer

Next

Return to Jam Session