A Confession, I Must Say This....

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Postby Stephen » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:34 pm

I have no beef with nail polish. I have worn black a few times myself. Since my boss would die if I did it at work though, I rarely do it.

And not to be rude CR, but posting things like this...

CR wrote:I would post a verse concerning my thoughts on Emo...but I don't want want to be bashed, or banned XD, or start a debate.

You just contradicted yourself. If you did not want to start a debate or cause problems...you would not have posted. If you have an opinion to state, state it. Or, show me evidence where someone in the entire history of CAA has been banned for stating an opinion and I will make you a batch of cookies myself.

Better yet, shall I share scriptures that would prove your point? I belive its in Proverbs where it says somthing like... "a man who sings sad songs is like a man who takes his coat off in the cold" Am I in the right field now?

My goodness people need to learn to chill out on CAA. I made this thread as a huge joke about me of all people liking *AN* emo band. And everyone turns it inside out. Yes, I cut my hair awful looking...cut myself and cry about the huge joke life is with no punchline. I also wear size 0 girls pants.

If you took the last 2 lines serious, smack yourself with your keyboard. Twice.
Stephen

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:47 pm

I come back to this thread.... and people are getting this deep into it?

Wow... amazing. XD
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby That Dude » Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:38 pm

Ah nail polish, Let me tell you, if you're a guy you do get wierd looks if you wear anything other than black. Especially if it's super girly red or baby blue.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:15 pm

That Dude wrote:Ah nail polish, Let me tell you, if you're a guy you do get wierd looks if you wear anything other than black. Especially if it's super girly red or baby blue.

You know what the really weird thing is? When you realize that some guys wear more nail polish than you do. I have come to this realization recently, and it means one of two things: I should start applying nail polish more often, or I should just shrug it off and move on with life. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:17 pm

One of these days, I'm going to try black nail polish. Maybe one of these days at college.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby QtheQreater » Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:21 pm

Raiden no Kishi wrote:One of these days, I'm going to try black nail polish. Maybe one of these days at college.

.rai//

Hehe...I'm a girl and people looked at me funny for having black nail polish. :lol:
The sometime President of the Goof Off!

Image Image
QtheQreater

Postby Mave » Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:03 am

That Dude wrote:Since Jamie didn't do it to you Shattersteve...Hah you are such a nancy boy! I bet your lawn is going to become emo next and start cutting itself!

LOL! If this wasn't meant to be funny, I apologize in advance for laughing. XD

Mangafanatic wrote:Next thing you know, you're wearing girl pants and eyeliner.

I hear yah, Bob. Steve made kilts and face paint cool. I will NOT forgive emo too if it ruins his awesome fashion sense.

Yo, chill ppl. I'm having too much fun poking fun at Steve too (my past posts here are meant to be humorous in nature, just in case, no one has realized it yet). Sorry Steve, if you wanted ONLY Jamie to whack you silly with a bat, you should have resorted to a PM. ;)
Mave

Postby samuraidragon » Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:25 am

Mave wrote:I hear yah, Bob. Steve made kilts and face paint cool. I will NOT forgive emo too if it ruins his awesome fashion sense.
Woah! Does he really wear kilts? That would be awesome! XD
-マックスウェル

"My my, the cruelest lies are often told without a word; my my, the kindest truths are often spoken, never heard." Ben Folds, The Last Polka

No one has greater love than this, to lay down one's life for one's friend - John 15:13
samuraidragon

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:07 am

Speaking of nail polish, I should put on some clear ones so I stop biting my nails.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Cognitive Gear » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:01 pm

Raiden no Kishi wrote:One of these days, I'm going to try black nail polish. Maybe one of these days at college.

.rai//

I remember my first time wearing black nail polish...

I couldn't stop looking at my fingernails. They were so pretty and shiny. I couldn't stop touching them either. It makes them feel so nice and smooth. :lol:
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby That Dude » Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:04 pm

That's kinda creepy Iki. But I do know how you feel.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Tommy » Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:36 pm

I've seen more than one creepy post in this thread.

I AM SO tempted to post The Emo song, but the content isn't CAA-appropriate.

Seriously, Steve, I know this was a joke thread, but there is nothing to be ashamed of for liking Emery. It's when it's ALL you listen to, I start to worry.

There is no point in fretting since your musical horizons span so far.
Tommy

Postby Stephen » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:55 pm

Woah! Does he really wear kilts? That would be awesome! XD

Wanna see a pic? Well your gonna see it anyway.

BAM.

Thats me, strutting across a small river at Soulfest last summer.
Stephen

Postby Tommy » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:17 am

When I see that person, emo is the last thing that comes to mind.

Perhaps you could be that ONE person who can successfully listen to a variety of emo and not look like one.

You make kilts look awesome.
Tommy

Postby Kkun » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:19 am

I listen to emo and look like one. That's because I'm starting to think I have some metrosexual tendencies, though. Heh heh heh.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby EireWolf » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:54 am

ShatterheartArk wrote:Thats me, strutting across a small river at Soulfest last summer.

Nice skirt. :)
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
[indent]~~Gandalf, in Fellowship of the Ring[/indent]
EireWolf

Postby That Dude » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:28 am

Dude I so need a kilt. That'd kick major bootycheeks.
That Dude

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:27 pm

I need a kilt as well.

You know, I wouldn't worry about emo ruining Steve-sama. I'm trying to become an optimist, and I think that perhaps he could make emo cool. Kind of like how when Chuck Norris goes to the beach, he doesn't get wet, but the ocean gets Chuck Norris.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby Stephen » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:14 pm

EireWolf wrote:Nice skirt

Whoa. There a reason your calling a kilt a skirt? Or are you trying to get a rise out of me? You are lucky I am only a small part Scottish or I would really take offense to that.
Stephen

Postby indyrocker » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:26 pm

Kilts are freaken awsome I soo want a few of them the first one I plan on getting is from the utilikilt brand they have pocckets and are awsomely cool!
Indyrocker aka the user fomaly known as Agentsmith700

my remixes --> http://www.purevolume.com/irishangel
my Xanga--> http://www.xanga.com/indyrocker
A member of the Society of Hatted Members

adopted by Rachel
Adopted Banana-chan, heero yuy 95

There are no more heroes any more they all died in the night that the world fell into darknes; and good men are trampled down into the dirt never to be seen again. This is the story of this world of ours the story of the corupt and those that would try to save it from them but become corupt themselfs from their own selfish greed and want for what they do not have.
indyrocker

Postby EireWolf » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:40 pm

ShatterheartArk wrote:Whoa. There a reason your calling a kilt a skirt? Or are you trying to get a rise out of me? You are lucky I am only a small part Scottish or I would really take offense to that.

;)

I'm part Scottish too. I figure any man brave enough to wear a kilt can take some ribbing about it.

(And I do like the kilt.) :)
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
[indent]~~Gandalf, in Fellowship of the Ring[/indent]
EireWolf

Postby Stephen » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:53 am

Agentsmith700 wrote:Kilts are freaken awsome I soo want a few of them the first one I plan on getting is from the utilikilt brand they have pocckets and are awsomely cool!

The one I am wearing actually is a Utilikilt. Notice the large side pockets?

Funny thing, at the festival last year when I wore that...I ran into the bag pipe player of the band Flatfoot 56. He loved my kilt (he was wearing a traditional green plaid one) He was like "Whoa, thats a Utilikilt, that rocks!" I belive him and I were the only 2 guys wearing kilts out of like 25-30,000 people at the festival. Guffaw. I follow nobody fashion wise.

And EireWolf, you were tame compared to some of my friends. *sigh* Some people are funny and joke about it...others are kinda rude. It's all good though. I should expect a reaction wearing a kilt in this day and age. For the record though, I have good kilt legs. And now you all know.

Ok, just realised you could not see the big pockets in that pic of me strutting. This is a closer pic. Those pockets are super handy. Water, sharpies, concert programs, food, etc. It's like having a bookbag on both hips.

Also take note of my beard. The little beaded goatee ala Jack Sparrow. That would be CAAs very own Gypsys handiwork. Any friend that will braid your goatee for you, is a friend worth keeping around. *laughs*
Stephen

Postby indyrocker » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:33 am

Those things are awsome one of my friends has a servival one and with all those pockets you could lose stuff.

adopted by Rachel

There are no more heroes any more they all died in the night that the world fell into darknes; and good men are trampled down into the dirt never to be seen again. This is the story of this world of ours the story of the corupt and those that would try to save it from them but become corupt themselfs from their own selfish greed and want for what they do not have.
indyrocker

Postby samuraidragon » Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:41 am

I have a friend who wears a kilt anytime he's at any kind of youth anything. His is a gray plaid one though.

Not that I don't like it or anything, but since it's not plaid it does look more like a skirt.
-マックスウェル

"My my, the cruelest lies are often told without a word; my my, the kindest truths are often spoken, never heard." Ben Folds, The Last Polka

No one has greater love than this, to lay down one's life for one's friend - John 15:13
samuraidragon

Postby Kurama » Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:58 am

I like some Emo music as well! Do let it get ya down! :hug: things hapen.
Kurama

Postby That Dude » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:51 pm

Seriuosly Shattersteve, how much was that kilt?
That Dude

Postby Stephen » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:07 pm

Hmm...like 50 I think? The company that makes the one I got is called Tripp.

As for the Fur Sporran thats on the front...good luck on getting one of those. Mine is a sheep fur one from Scotland.
Stephen

Postby indyrocker » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:54 pm

I know the Utilikilt origanal goes for about 130 their website is http://www.utilikilts.com/index.php they also have one of the most many and unnesisary things ever.........a leather kilt

adopted by Rachel

indyrocker

Postby That Dude » Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:51 pm

Yeah I don't see myself getting one any time soon but I wanted a heads up on the pricing. Anyway thanks for info Shatterheart!
That Dude

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:35 pm

ShatterheartArk wrote:Any friend that will braid your goatee for you, is a friend worth keeping around. *laughs*

:lol: Kind of gross.
Mr. SmartyPants

Previous Next

Return to Jam Session