What will name your kids

Talk about anything in here.

Postby LorentzForce » Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:01 am

Most consonants of English alphabet.

"Hey D!" "Yo sup Z~" "Oh hey M and N is here too."

At least it'll be easy to write down.
LorentzForce

Postby samuraidragon » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:16 am

I also think Arielle (pronounced R-E-L, except smoother) is a very pretty name, and I know I'm going to name one of my girls that.
-マックスウェル

"My my, the cruelest lies are often told without a word; my my, the kindest truths are often spoken, never heard." Ben Folds, The Last Polka

No one has greater love than this, to lay down one's life for one's friend - John 15:13
samuraidragon

Postby Sai » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:44 am

Boys:
Nathan
Jonathan
Alan
James

Girls:
Erin
and maybe Charlotte
"Bother"
Sai

Postby mitsuki lover » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:10 pm

George Foreman had an interesting idea,he named all his younger sons George and his daugthers Georgia and Georgette.
mitsuki lover

Postby samuraidragon » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:18 pm

Yeah, that's the consequence of a boxing career.
-マックスウェル

"My my, the cruelest lies are often told without a word; my my, the kindest truths are often spoken, never heard." Ben Folds, The Last Polka

No one has greater love than this, to lay down one's life for one's friend - John 15:13
samuraidragon

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:57 pm

samuraidragon wrote:Yeah, that's the consequence of a boxing career.

Haha, that's so true...

I'm thoroughly against naming children after me or my wife... After other relatives is iffy too, but I plan on doing that for middle names.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Reba » Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:22 pm

Hillary,Alice,Alex,Samantha,Andrew,Alan..So many x.x

[SIZE="1"]A blue, black shade of love.

Sent from above.

[align=center]My hands are tied to worlds
alone,
And this I know.
Your breath's like wine,
And just like clouds, my skin crawls.
It's so divine, the sky it glows with fields of light.
Did you know that I love you?
Come and lay with me.
I love you.
And all this day, I will love you.
You make me feel alive,
and I'll love you
Until the end of time.[/SIZE][/align]
Reba

Postby Wild Eagle » Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:29 am

Boy:
Isaac
Andrew

Girl:
Irene
Victoria
"Have mercy on me O God, according to your unfailing love; according to your great compassion, blot out my transgressions" Psalm 51:1

"Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth, you will again bring me up." Psalm 71:20

"An eye for an eye, will only make the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi
Wild Eagle

Postby samuraidragon » Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:47 am

Bobtheduck wrote:Haha, that's so true...

I'm thoroughly against naming children after me or my wife... After other relatives is iffy too, but I plan on doing that for middle names.
Same here, though not for all. My first boy's middle name will be Maxwell, just like mine is Martin (my dad's name).
-マックスウェル

samuraidragon

Postby CobaltAngel » Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:37 am

mitsuki lover wrote:George Foreman had an interesting idea,he named all his younger sons George and his daugthers Georgia and Georgette.
Are you serious?! That's terrible! How do the boys know which one their parents are calling for? XD

My dad once said that if he had twins he would have them share the same name. Not meaning that they'd both be named, say, Bill; he meant that together they would be named Bill. So you couldn't really separate them because they only have one name between them. Boy, I am I glad I wasn't a twin.
[align=right][align=center]
Invisible Children || Justice For Children

[/align]

[/align]
CobaltAngel

Postby Doe Johnson » Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:31 pm

Fionn Fael wrote:Avi (Hebrew- God is my father)

One of my teachers (Jewish) is named that! It's niffty to know what it means.

[quote="CobaltAngel"]My dad once said that if he had twins he would have them share the same name. Not meaning that they'd both be named, say, Bill]
XD My brothers are twins and they DO have the same names! Not that they are actually both something like Bill, but that their names have the same meaning and sound a lot alike. Even their middle names mean the same thing. It was completely by accident though.
The #1 Fan of mastersquirrel's Voice!

In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri. - Douglas Adams
I smell cinnamon roll-y!!

You fight like a dairy farmer!
The Giver of Quality Hugs
I felt a great bump in the Thread, as if millions of posts suddenly bumped in terror and were suddenly silenced.

No - My birthday isn't really on the Ides of March, but that is the fake date I use everywhere on the Internet.
Adopted: ishy

the cc is special ground, cc's provide protection to all who seek shelter there, no violence can be done in a cower corner - it is known
Doe Johnson

Postby andi » Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:36 pm

I love names...and it really depends on what my last name will be (I think I know what it'll be though :P)

Anyway I like the names John, Rowan, and Peter for boys.
And I like Miriam, Eva, Anna, Robin, and Jane for girls.

I even think about middle names...haha. I think Henry for boys (family name)...Renli (grandmother's family) are cool. I think using certain surnames as middle names is kind of neat, but not as fornames.
andi

Postby HisaishiFan » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:03 pm

My kids all came pre-named. XD
But even if we don't feel at ease, God is greater than our feelings and He knows everything. 1 John 3:20 :angel:

Delight in utter trust.
HisaishiFan

Location: Kentucky (formerly I would have said to think rain, but now you should think sweltering heat . . . a

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:17 pm

James is a family name on my father's side.One of my father's older brothers was named James Frank,Jr. my grandfather was named James Frank,Sr.,my great grandfather was named James Alva,my great great grandfather was named James
Madison(he had a brother who died at around the age of 2 several years before he was born who was also named James),my great great great grandfather was named James and my great great great great grandfather was named James as was his father supposedly.My 6xs great grandfather was named William.
mitsuki lover

Postby mssthang_1 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:01 pm

i don't really want a girl, and i have the strangest feeling i'm gonna have twin boys (i keep having dreams about it)...but i've always liked the name elesio and maybe evan....but i dunno, i don't plan on havin' kids for a long time....gots ta find me a hubby first
Beware...I have an attitude and I'm not afraid to use it. :shady:

You can thank me for the warning. :eyeroll: :eyeroll: :eyeroll:

~My Deviantart Account~
mssthang_1

Postby yukinon » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:28 pm

Evan is the name of one of my good friends. I believe it means either "God is gracious" or "good messenger".
9&&|(=|()v&
yukinon

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:35 am

My sister Annette has a daugther and a son and my sister Cathryn has two sons so I believe that when I marry we will have two daugthers.Just the feeling that God and the
universe likes to be orderly about these things.
mitsuki lover

Postby Crimson Crusade » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:37 pm

thats interesting. :thumbsup:
Proof that God has a sense of humor. :dance: ;) :dizzy: :dance:
Crimson Crusade

Postby Crimson Crusade » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:39 pm

I want to name my daugher, Sara.
:thumb:
Crimson Crusade

Postby mitsuki lover » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:27 am

I have a niece named Sarah.My nephews are named Ian,Daniel and Timothy.
mitsuki lover

Postby Crimson Crusade » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:53 pm

cool :thumb:
Crimson Crusade

Postby Evangeline-San » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:27 am

My dad's name is robin and I also know a robin (female)
But I dunno what I would name my kids... it would have to be decided between me and my future husband... boy know I sound old. lol. But I'd definitly want it to be original.
And for middle names, I think it's cool taking parents or grandparents names and giving your kids them as middle names. Or instead of relitives, people that you wanna remember.
~And we know that all things work together for good, to those who love God, and to those who are called according to His purpose.
Romans 8:28
~*`*`*`*`*`*~
It's tough being a girl... In a pink world.
-me
~~~
~I can do all thing through Christ who strengthens me.
Philippians 4:13
"I don't really care if they label me a Jesus freak. There ain't no disguising the truth!"
Evangeline-San

Postby yukinon » Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:53 pm

I am using my mother's middle name for the name of my first daughter. Her name will be Dakota Lynn.
9&&|(=|()v&
yukinon

Postby Dunedan » Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:23 pm

I only have one name I'm sticking to: my first son, should I ever have one, will be named Ransom Thomas.
The reflections of light are everywhere
Only a gilded age of forgetfulness
A drunken slumber, goodnight but no kiss.

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love, and to be loved in return."-Christian and later Toulouse, Moulin Rouge
Dunedan

Postby Danyasaur » Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:44 pm

if I ever have a daughter I'm going to name her Katya. :D
[color="DimGray"]I don't believe that I would die if I saw you face to face;
but that my spirit would become so alive it took my body's place.

- Danya[/color]
Danyasaur

Postby San_Hayashi » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:50 pm

Wow, glad I read all fifteen pages to see that none of my girl names were even mentioned...

Girls:
Faye (Best friends middle name)
Zoe (Best friends nickname)
Noel (my middle name)
Auleen

Boys:
Luke
Jason
Kaze
Maeniel
Heyo! I'm new here. Check out my deviantART at http://www.san-hayashi.deviantart.com
San_Hayashi

Postby jon_jinn » Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:26 pm

for girls:
Ariana
Michelle
Nicole

for boys:
Jeffrey
Willie
Josh
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby yukinon » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:04 pm

I have a cousin named Jeffrey. Unfortunately, his middle name is Jenkins. Apparently it's some sort of family thing.
9&&|(=|()v&
yukinon

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:24 am

Speaking of family names several of my relatives on my paternal grandfather's
paternal grandfather's side had the name Hinchea/Hinshaw or Hinchey as a first name.
mitsuki lover

Postby Hakaii » Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:18 pm

oh, my wife and I have been talking about this recently. We may change our second boy name to....

Wyat.
or Leo.
or Gabriel! Hmmm... the on going quest for the perfect baby name continues!...
MY World of Warcraft character:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?cn=Min%C3%A1to&r=Cenarius&ST=US-2191607-NLVS5sjRN3JDCotGsxVmv1ff9ZkZSGYRVta

I'm not megamaniacal... I'm as good as I say I am!!!
Hakaii

Previous Next

Return to General