What will name your kids

Talk about anything in here.

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:50 pm

Elizabeth Caroline was the name of my great great grandmother which is why I suggested it.
mitsuki lover

Postby RubyJewelStone » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:31 pm

I liked the name Lucas, but my mum always said it reminded her of Lucifer...*shrug*

Girls
Calliope
Sherise
Charisse
Priscilla

Boys
Anthony
Lucas
I believe in the sun even if it isn't shining. I believe in love even when I am alone. I believe in God even when he is silent.
~Author Unknown
RubyJewelStone

Postby mitsuki lover » Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:17 am

Lucas=Luke.
mitsuki lover

Postby Kaligraphic » Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:03 pm

My first son will be named after me. Gertrude Saurkraut Gorbachev IV.
The cake used to be a lie like you, but then it took a portal to the deception core.
Kaligraphic

Postby USSRGirl » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:04 pm

Gorbachev! BAH! A wretched name for a child. It was he who lost the glory of the Soviet Union! Name him Stalin or Krushchev.

Well I already named my neko child Jefferick Englios after QtheQreater and Federick Engels. O.o

Seriously though, I would give my kids Biblical middle names... Girl would be Jael cause it's unique and tough sound. Boy would probably be Luke...I like his Gospel best and he can use the force. ^__^;;

First names would be after famous communist tyrants... girl would be like Mao's wife's name, boy would be Karl after Karl Marx.
USSRGirl

Postby Tsukuyomi » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:37 pm

Ooh, I'm down!

1. Miaka
2. Kairi
3. Sakura
4. Dante (for a boy)

Hehehe, I'm not to sure about boy names ^_^;
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby rocklobster » Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:30 am

Dante? Isn't that the villain in Full Metal ALchemist?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby K. Ayato » Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:19 am

It is.

1. Gavin
2. Thad
3. Clint
4. Travis
5. Jared
6. Jenna
7. Vanessa
8. Veronica
9. Andrea
10. Michelle
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby samuraidragon » Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:40 am

rocklobster wrote:Dante? Isn't that the villain in Full Metal ALchemist?
Yes, but it's a boy name.
-マックスウェル

"My my, the cruelest lies are often told without a word; my my, the kindest truths are often spoken, never heard." Ben Folds, The Last Polka

No one has greater love than this, to lay down one's life for one's friend - John 15:13
samuraidragon

Postby mitsuki lover » Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:01 pm

Dante wrote the Divine Comedy,he's a famous Mediveal Italian poet.
mitsuki lover

Postby Nate » Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:28 pm

Announcer: We now return to "The Communists".
Father: I hear report cards vere handed out today. Vot were your grades?
Son: Uhhh...uhhh...uhhh....
Mother: Qvit Stalin and answer your father.
(canned laughter)
Mother: Go ahead, honey, and tell us your...Marx.
(canned laughter)
Son: Do I Krushchev?
Krushchev: Did somebody say Krushchev?
(everyone dances)

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Doe Johnson » Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:07 pm

I'm weird, I like those nifty sounding names (and I suppose words) you hear in fantasy novels. Thus, for girls I like names such as Aditu, Sansa, Moiraine and Alantie (XD I think this means "has fallen" in, like, elvish or something). For guys, well, nothing really comes to mind at the moment (which is weird cuz I've always wanted boys...). Possibly Matrim? Maybe Loras or Illyrio! XD Okay...probably not those last two... I'd consider Tyrion, but, that would seem weird...naming my kid after a midget (no offense) lacking a nose, who likes to visit brothels and happened to kill his own father...
The #1 Fan of mastersquirrel's Voice!

In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri. - Douglas Adams
I smell cinnamon roll-y!!

You fight like a dairy farmer!
The Giver of Quality Hugs
I felt a great bump in the Thread, as if millions of posts suddenly bumped in terror and were suddenly silenced.

No - My birthday isn't really on the Ides of March, but that is the fake date I use everywhere on the Internet.
Adopted: ishy

the cc is special ground, cc's provide protection to all who seek shelter there, no violence can be done in a cower corner - it is known
Doe Johnson

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:35 am

Gee I hope you let your kids have martial arts lessons because with those names they're gonna get beat up a lot.
mitsuki lover

Postby USSRGirl » Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:18 pm

XD :: Whacks Nat with a stick for makin' fun of my kids! ::

Poor little Karl has a full beard at 10!

Sao's kid is going to end up in Purgatory and live a very disturbing life... O.O
USSRGirl

Postby Ashley » Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:27 pm

Gee I hope you let your kids have martial arts lessons because with those names they're gonna get beat up a lot.

This coming from the man set on Bertha. :lol:
Ashley

Postby Needle Noggin » Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:28 pm

At least Bertha is a real name.
Go young wildebeest
for you must gallop yonder
mayonaise amen
Needle Noggin

Postby fairyprincess90 » Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:36 pm

oh oh! i forgot one when i put what i'd name my son... one name i'd name him is Sonny
!!!

sory bout that.

[color="Magenta"]www.bethmarie.org[/color]

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

[color="DarkRed"][SIZE="3"]My ♥ belongs to TimothyMichael[/SIZE][/color]
fairyprincess90

Postby Denimcat » Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:23 pm

I can't get over my desire to name a kid Samaritan, but I can only imagine the blank stares that would get on the playgrounds.

I'm also currently pondering naming a girl Robin.
Denimcat

Postby Rei » Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:54 am

lol, I have always wanted to name my kids, Vincent if its a boy, and Elizabeth if its a girl^^. But who knows XD, my husband my have somthing to say about that >.<.
When you search your soul, what do you see?
A broken piece of your heart, or happiness as large as the sea. When you fall to pieces, do you cry, or do you look up to the sky..remembering the promise made, that he will always be there to make darkness fade.

----------------
Dramacon!!!!You have to read this manga!!!
----------------
Alone..Never..Dreamer..Forever..

New layout on my Myspace:
myspace
Rei

Postby Rei » Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:56 am

lol, I have always wanted to name my kids, Vincent if its a boy, and Elizabeth if its a girl^^. But who knows XD, my husband my have somthing to say about that >.<.

1.Vincent(boy)
2.Elizabeth(girl)
3.Collin(boy)
4.Violet(girl)
5.Pacifica(girl)
6.Alisa(girl)

I don't know why, but I really can't think of guy namesXD.
When you search your soul, what do you see?
A broken piece of your heart, or happiness as large as the sea. When you fall to pieces, do you cry, or do you look up to the sky..remembering the promise made, that he will always be there to make darkness fade.

----------------
Dramacon!!!!You have to read this manga!!!
----------------
Alone..Never..Dreamer..Forever..

New layout on my Myspace:
myspace
Rei

Postby Needle Noggin » Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:05 am

Um, you girls should know that you can't think of names before you're married. Some names just don't sound right with certain last names.

This happend to my Aunt, whos name changed to Dick... You can see why certain names wouldn't work here.
Go young wildebeest
for you must gallop yonder
mayonaise amen
Needle Noggin

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:20 am

And if you marry someone named Arnold(last name)please don't think of something like Benedict for a name.
mitsuki lover

Postby Denimcat » Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:42 pm

Needle Noggin wrote:Um, you girls should know that you can't think of names before you're married. Some names just don't sound right with certain last names.

This happend to my Aunt, whos name changed to Dick... You can see why certain names wouldn't work here.

I don't think any of us are absolutely determined to use these names, it's mostly just fun to think about. And hey, who's to say all of us girls will change our last names when we get married? :P

To stay on topic, I have this hippie notion of naming a daughter Willow. :cool:
Denimcat

Postby Doe Johnson » Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:58 pm

On the random chance that I marry a guy with the last name Johnson, I would totally give my daughter the middle name "Doe"

In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri. - Douglas Adams

I felt a great bump in the Thread, as if millions of posts suddenly bumped in terror and were suddenly silenced.

No - My birthday isn't really on the Ides of March, but that is the fake date I use everywhere on the Internet.

the cc is special ground, cc's provide protection to all who seek shelter there, no violence can be done in a cower corner - it is known
Doe Johnson

Postby Kaligraphic » Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:02 am

Doe Johnson wrote:On the random chance that I marry a guy with the last name Johnson, I would totally give my daughter the middle name "Doe"

And you'll register her here under the name "Doe Johnson Jr"?
The cake used to be a lie like you, but then it took a portal to the deception core.
Kaligraphic

Postby yukinon » Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:31 am

What about the first name?
9&&|(=|()v&
yukinon

Postby Doe Johnson » Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:44 am

yukinon wrote:What about the first name?

I could just direct your attention up, but I'll quote it instead.
me wrote:I'm weird, I like those nifty sounding names (and I suppose words) you hear in fantasy novels. Thus, for girls I like names such as Aditu, Sansa, Moiraine and Alantie (XD I think this means "has fallen" in, like, elvish or something). For guys, well, nothing really comes to mind at the moment (which is weird cuz I've always wanted boys...). Possibly Matrim? Maybe Loras or Illyrio! XD Okay...probably not those last two... I'd consider Tyrion, but, that would seem weird...naming my kid after a midget (no offense) lacking a nose, who likes to visit brothels and happened to kill his own father...

Doe Johnson

Postby Fionn Fael » Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:57 pm

My favorite names are:

Girls:
Acacia (symbolizes resurrection)
Ari (Hebrew- lioness of God)
Corrine (it's original and pretty)
Ivy
Jenna
Kevi (named for a friend)
Lorelei
Mae
Petra (like the Biblical Peter)
Rose
Laurel Anne (named for two friends)

Boys:
Asher (Hebrew- happy;
Avi (Hebrew- God is my father)
Eli (Hebrew- uplifted)
Fletcher (English- arrow-maker)
Ian (for a friend and the meaning)
Jeremiah, Jeremy
Keiren
Liam
Luke, Lucas
Miles
Formerly known as haru_bay_nay

Avatar by: tinamakesicons(LiveJournal.com)

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." -Matthew 11:28

"Even when our eyes are closed, there's a whole world out there that lives outside ourselves and our dreams." --Edward Elric, Fullmetal Alchemist

“To put alcohol in the human is like putting sand in the bearing of an engine." --Thomas Edison

[color="RoyalBlue"][font="Trebuchet MS"]The simplest way that I can understand therapy is that we're born a certain way, we're taught to be something different, and we spend our whole lives trying to unravel it and ultimately align ourselves with who we really are. Life, experiences, traumas -- whatever -- they all add up to make you some altered version of what you are. So there's this battle that goes on between what you are and what you become, and it's been very important for me to unravel what I was taught to be or what I became. and to draw a direct parallel to music -- the closer I get back to being who I really am, the stronger the music gets..." --Billy Corgan (Smashing Pumpkins frontman)[/font][/color]

Adopted by KhakiBlueSocks!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Fionn Fael

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:17 am

rocklobster wrote:Why isn't anyone suggesting anime character names? Doesn't anyone want to name their kids Cloud or Aerith?

Aerith? *vein pumping* What a sthtupendouthly thilly thing to thay.

Actually, I think Aeris is a very nice name. I don't know if I'd wanna name my Daughter after the character that... but having her name potentially mean "The substance the entire universe if made of" (that, or "Air" which is a much more boring definition) would be pretty cool... Hmm... Well, considering my first choice for girl was based on anime in a roundabout way... Aeris would work.

Cloud, on the other hand, not so much... I also don't see much opportunity for "Red XIII." Rufus, Barret, Locke, Celeste, Realm (hmm... maybe not realm), Cyan, Edgar, and Cecil are all decent names, actually... Squall, not so much, rinoa, not so much, Selphie, meh... And while "Zack" is ok, "Zacks" is a bit different... Sephiroth is way out, as that's what the Kabalists call the branches of the Tree of Life, and I don't want to have anything associated with Kabalism in my family...

Pretty much no FFX names for me... With the possible exception of Auron, which means "Gold" I think, or is related to the word for gold...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Kkun » Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:14 am

May your first children all be masculine ones.

Seriously, though, I'm going to let the future Mrs. Kkun pick the baby names. I honestly couldn't care, as long as she doesn't pick something stupid. I just don't want the kid getting hung up by his boxer shorts from the flagpole at school.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Previous Next

Return to General